2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Paolo Maldini - Quality & Integrity

Paolo Maldini - Quality & Integrity
Do you think Maldini can be compared to the best ever players to play the sport on the basis of His consistency? (24 years as a starter in one of the biggest teams in Europe)
Yes, He's up there [ 31 ] ** [96.88%]
I understand why some people would say that but I don't agree [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
No way [ 1 ] ** [3.12%]
The Ultras that booed Maldini at the last game claim that He prolonged His retirement at the expense of the team. Do you think that's true?
No. We'd be in a much worse situation if it was not for His help [ 24 ] ** [75.00%]
Ancelotti was forced to play Him because of His status when others could have done better [ 8 ] ** [25.00%]
What should happen to the ultras who booed Maldini?
They should be killed with hammers [ 6 ] ** [21.43%]
They should be killed with bazookas [ 8 ] ** [28.57%]
They should be killed with sliding tackles [ 14 ] ** [50.00%]
Total Votes: 32
Guests cannot vote 

dst
post Dec 9 2009, 04:25 PM
Post #1

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 911

I was wondering about your thoughts on these two issues.

Maldini bless you!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Dec 9 2009, 05:18 PM
Post #2

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

This is without doubt the stupidest most one-sided poll you've come up with. You just want to feel smug about all the tributes that will pour into Paolo. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

Both questions are no-brainers....

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Dec 9 2009, 05:20 PM
Post #3

Token Girl
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,800

Fishdoll wishes there could be an option for 'what should happen to the ultras who booed Maldini'.

+Quote Post

dst
post Dec 9 2009, 05:39 PM
Post #4

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 911

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Dec 9 2009, 06:18 PM) *
This is without doubt the stupidest most one-sided poll you've come up with. You just want to feel smug about all the tributes that will pour into Paolo. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

Both questions are no-brainers....

I honestly feel that some fans will have something to say about these two questions. I especially care about the answers to the second one.

QUOTE (Tennie @ Dec 9 2009, 06:20 PM) *
Fishdoll wishes there could be an option for 'what should happen to the ultras who booed Maldini'.

Oh there is! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Dec 9 2009, 07:44 PM
Post #5

Prima Squadra

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,660

Yes. No. Bazookas.

+Quote Post

MizNelson
post Dec 9 2009, 08:40 PM
Post #6

Dida per sempre

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 3,563

Interesting that "he" and "his" were capitalized in the second part of the poll.

+Quote Post

Habitant
post Dec 12 2009, 04:51 AM
Post #7

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 3,763

?? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif) sumone sabotaged the poll?!? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

+Quote Post

Danny
post Dec 15 2009, 06:49 PM
Post #8

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,730

For me Paolo may just be the most perfect footballer of all time. Gracious, dignified, a model pro - and arguably the best defender the game has ever seen.

However, he u-turned on retirement not once but twice before he finally hung up his boots, and his final 2 or 3 seasons were below what we previously saw from him - quite a few mistakes crept in, and the legs had gone, as well as injuries punctuating him.

I have a lot of respect for him, but I do feel he was morally wrong to remain in the side while guys like Silva and other youngsters had to wait their turn. tbh, his 2 u-turns angered me a little - he didn't need to stay on.

That said, I hate all Ultras - I think they're hooligans who use football as a vehicle to peddle hate and violence. And I equally hate booing anyone in your own team, whoever you are and whoever you support.

+Quote Post

il_diavolo_mtl
post Dec 22 2009, 09:44 AM
Post #9

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,245

QUOTE (Danny @ Dec 15 2009, 12:49 PM) *
For me Paolo may just be the most perfect footballer of all time. Gracious, dignified, a model pro - and arguably the best defender the game has ever seen.

However, he u-turned on retirement not once but twice before he finally hung up his boots, and his final 2 or 3 seasons were below what we previously saw from him - quite a few mistakes crept in, and the legs had gone, as well as injuries punctuating him.

I have a lot of respect for him, but I do feel he was morally wrong to remain in the side while guys like Silva and other youngsters had to wait their turn. tbh, his 2 u-turns angered me a little - he didn't need to stay on.

That said, I hate all Ultras - I think they're hooligans who use football as a vehicle to peddle hate and violence. And I equally hate booing anyone in your own team, whoever you are and whoever you support.

silva wasn't elligible to play last season and i honestly doubt carlo would have started a youngster over kaladzhe, favalli

This post has been edited by il_diavolo_mtl: Dec 22 2009, 09:45 AM

+Quote Post

Danny
post Dec 23 2009, 04:44 PM
Post #10

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,730

QUOTE (il_diavolo_mtl @ Dec 22 2009, 08:44 AM) *
silva wasn't elligible to play last season and i honestly doubt carlo would have started a youngster over kaladzhe, favalli

Details...my point remains valid.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jan 6 2010, 07:55 AM
Post #11

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Danny @ Dec 23 2009, 04:44 PM) *
Details...my point remains valid.

Which ones? Because I do agree with you that his last 2 seasons were not neccassary and that he should have left on a high after the CL win, but the other were you said that the youngsters should have been given the chance while he still stayed on for those 2 seasons to me is irrelevant, Carlo would have never given any youngster the chance, like il_diavolo said he would have started Favalli or Kaladze in his place. And I would rather have a limping Paolo over either of them

+Quote Post

Rivaldo
post Jan 11 2010, 08:47 PM
Post #12

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 1,063

Yes. No. With sliding tackles (IMG:style_emoticons/default/devilsmiley.gif)

+Quote Post

samira
post Jan 28 2010, 07:02 PM
Post #13

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Member No.: 7,087

Maldini was one of the greatast and Ramos said "Im lucky if I'll be half as great as Maldini was on the field"

+Quote Post

pacang
post Feb 25 2010, 03:56 PM
Post #14

Esordienti B 96

Member No.: 2,171

QUOTE (samira @ Jan 29 2010, 02:02 AM) *
Maldini was one of the greatast and Ramos said "Im lucky if I'll be half as great as Maldini was on the field"

where did you get this? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) if he wants to be half as great as Il Capitano is, the first step he should take is play for Milan..

+Quote Post

samira
post Feb 25 2010, 10:51 PM
Post #15

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Member No.: 7,087

click here, Its Swedish and I don't know if it still there, and Ramos has played for Real his whole carraer and then theres the contract so if he leaves, it would be hard and Real is very good so changing to Milan when we just got Leo, would be tough. But it ture , why not go to Milan?

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 09:00 PM