Milan Are Brilli...
post Feb 21 2012, 10:19 PM
Post #46

Berretti
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 90

QUOTE (acid911 @ Feb 21 2012, 09:16 PM) *
Ah yes, CuteNews. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) Worked with that platform a few times back in the days. Now it's either Wordpress or Joomla, it's amazing really how far the smaller guys get left behind.

Drupal too! Though yes, about as simple as they come, it only fed the news, think the rest of the site was just hand-coded, not like these days where the CMS' do everything and you have millions of plug-ins at your disposal!

QUOTE (acid911 @ Feb 21 2012, 09:16 PM) *
True enough. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) While I can see why people wouldn't want a massive influx of new members, I still wouldn't mind a few good men (and women) singing up and becoming regular posters. In fact, I'd love it, love it, love it!

Yeah, of course I'd like that too. Just saying that without proper work just chucking a portal on the site would not generate a mass influx of people to the boards.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

acid911
post Feb 21 2012, 10:35 PM
Post #47

Berretti

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,736

Agreed. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) By the way, just noticed: 8,888 posts. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) I'd have a hard time counting them!

+Quote Post

Danny
post Feb 24 2012, 04:47 PM
Post #48

Allievi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 6,730

QUOTE (acid911 @ Feb 17 2012, 10:00 AM) *
Aye. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) Seeing that I was a lurker back in 2006, I can attest to this fact. The fact that there were fewer Milan forums, and blogs those days, also helped a bit. Heck, we haven't even topped the "Most users ever online was 344 on Jun 28 2007, 10:39 PM". I do have a dream, seeing this record broken!

I suspect 334 of those users were bots or guests.

+Quote Post

Milan Are Brilli...
post Feb 24 2012, 04:52 PM
Post #49

Berretti
Group Icon

To be honest back then we had a ton more people use the site, not 300+ more many but it's not like it is now.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Feb 24 2012, 05:14 PM
Post #50

Allievi Nazionali

Before my time. Back in those days I used a different board.

+Quote Post

acid911
post Feb 25 2012, 02:23 AM
Post #51

Berretti

QUOTE (Danny @ Feb 24 2012, 09:14 PM) *
Back in those days I used a different board.

Name or it didn't happen. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post

d'Arc.LP
post Feb 25 2012, 09:42 AM
Post #52

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,786

QUOTE (acid911 @ Feb 25 2012, 02:23 AM) *

my money are on phpBB or vBulletin (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

+Quote Post

acid911
post Feb 25 2012, 09:55 AM
Post #53

Berretti

QUOTE (d'Arc.LP @ Feb 25 2012, 01:42 PM) *
my money are on phpBB or vBulletin

Yeah, but I think what Danny meant was another AC Milan fan forum, or message board. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) There are quite a few communities around, some more famous than others. Plus, there were quite a few brilliant general football forums too, one of which that unfortunately went down due to a lack of funds.

That place was massive, with fans from a lot of clubs, uploading match highlights and other stuff.

+Quote Post

Milan Are Brilli...
post Feb 25 2012, 01:31 PM
Post #54

Berretti
Group Icon

QUOTE (acid911 @ Feb 25 2012, 08:55 AM) *
That place was massive, with fans from a lot of clubs, uploading match highlights and other stuff.

That's probably why it went down.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Feb 25 2012, 02:51 PM
Post #55

Allievi Nazionali

Yeah, another Milan board. Devilsmania. Was on it for years until one guy started picking on my every post and implying I was a Nerrazzuri. Wouldn't let it go. Reported him to admin who were sympathetic and didn't want to lose me, but he continued his vendetta and in the end I decided it wasn't worth the hassle and decided to find a new home.

And I have to say this is a much better forum - more active, and a lot of good guys on here. I mean, MF has its moments, don't get me wrong, but overall it's a good community.

Even if Mike REALLY NEEDS TO MAKE SOME ADJUSTMENTS (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post

acid911
post Feb 27 2012, 04:41 AM
Post #56

Berretti

QUOTE (Milan Are Brilliant @ Feb 25 2012, 05:31 PM) *
That's probably why it went down.

Could very well be. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif) Though, the board administrators said they were having problem footing the bill for hosting and all the other expenses. But it was so big, they could definitely have sold it if they wanted. If I recall, there certainly were a few offers from people who wanted to buy that forum.

The thing about that one was that there were fans from at least 100+ clubs there, and each member had an image tag below their username displaying whatever club they supported. That made for some fun discussions. Think of it was a more elaborate and classy Goal.com (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) I am sure I have the URL saved with me in my old hard disk.

QUOTE (Danny @ Feb 25 2012, 06:51 PM) *
Yeah, another Milan board. Devilsmania. Was on it for years until one guy started picking on my every post and implying I was a Nerrazzuri. Wouldn't let it go. Reported him to admin who were sympathetic and didn't want to lose me, but he continued his vendetta and in the end I decided it wasn't worth the hassle and decided to find a new home.

Ah, Devilsmania. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/devilsmiley.gif) Used to lurk around it and a few other boards back a few years. Now, with the advent of blogging software, a lot of new communities are blog-based, instead of forum-based. The thing with too many members is that usually there is a dip in quality, pretty much guaranteed.

And I have to say this is a much better forum - more active, and a lot of good guys on here. I mean, MF has its moments, don't get me wrong, but overall it's a good community.

Word. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) There's nothing like it. Almost feels like home.

Even if Mike REALLY NEEDS TO MAKE SOME ADJUSTMENTS

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) You've said it 20 times already. Another 80 and Mike will listen, I am sure!

+Quote Post

Danny
post Feb 27 2012, 02:40 PM
Post #57

Allievi Nazionali

He'd need to be on to listen!

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:31 PM