Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Kaka rejects world record bid from Man City

novfan
post Jan 14 2009, 04:08 PM
Post #1

Esordienti B 96

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 1,205

Kaka rejects world record bid from Man CityManchester City's £100 million swoop for Serie A star Kaka has been dealt a swift blow after the Brazilian playmaker claimed he wanted "to grow old at Milan".

GettyImages

Kaka: Target for Manchester City

A City delegation led by chief executive Garry Cook flew to the San Siro on Tuesday to table the world record breaking offer along with weekly wages of £250,000 but the AC Milan favourite has blown any deal out of the water.

"As long as the club keep high objectives, my desire will always be to stay at Milan," Kaka told Italian TV station Sport Mediaset, which is owned by Milan supremo Silvio Berlusconi.

"I want to get old here and my objective for the future is to become this team's captain."

"I refused important offers in the past."

Earlier on Wednesday Kaka's spokesman Diogo Kotscho said it was "not impossible" that a deal could be concluded during the January transfer window but warned that money alone would not be enough to lure his client to Manchester.

"To accept Manchester City, Kaka wouldn't do a matter based on money", Kotscho said. "But to the competitiveness of the English side.

"Ricky would like a strong side. He would never do something like Robinho, who, just to earn more, contented himself with not a winning solution."

And while the Rossoneri are currently only competing in the UEFA Cup after a disappointing campaign last season, Kaka insists he will stay faithful to the club if they continue to build on the legacy of seven European Cups and 17 Serie A titles.

In the summer, City set a new British transfer record when the signed Robinho from Real Madrid for £32 million and billionaire owners Abu Dhabi United where hoping to make another statement of intent in the transfer market by setting a new world record.

The most expensive transfer fee in football history remains the £48 million Real Madrid paid Juventus for Zinedine Zidane in 2001.

Asked if Kaka would consider other clubs if City's offer did not suit either Milan or himself Kotscho said: "Yes he will. But as I said we have to have a deal between the two clubs and negotiations with AC Milan for Kaka ... is a very difficult challenge.''

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

acid911
post Jan 14 2009, 05:41 PM
Post #2

Berretti

Member No.: 3,736

Charming! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sleepysmiley03.gif) I knew Kaka was not stupid.

+Quote Post

Ry4n
post Jan 14 2009, 05:53 PM
Post #3

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 932

Oh Man city stop trying to buy the whole Brazil team ! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

Robinho , Elano and now they want Kaka' only on emote to say to that (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

This post has been edited by Ry4n: Jan 14 2009, 05:53 PM

+Quote Post

Warchant
post Jan 14 2009, 06:02 PM
Post #4

Giovanissimi Nazionali
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 703

nice decision kaka!

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Jan 14 2009, 09:01 PM
Post #5

Primavera

Member No.: 1,265

QUOTE (acid911 @ Jan 14 2009, 08:11 PM) *
Charming! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sleepysmiley03.gif) I knew Kaka was not stupid.

I thought you think he looks a little like a dork! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

+Quote Post

acid911
post Jan 14 2009, 09:14 PM
Post #6

Berretti

QUOTE (Zed.D @ Jan 15 2009, 01:01 AM) *
I thought you think he looks a little like a dork!

Dorks aren't necessarily stupid, are they? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif) Anyway, I should have written it as even though Kaka may look like one, he is not that stupid to plunge his career into nowhere. Some big club, maybe, but hot diggity this guy was the 4th best footballer on the planet a few days ago, he has to (and will) make the right choice.

No Manchester City. At least not as long as they try to startle the world with their oil money!

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Jan 14 2009, 09:37 PM
Post #7

Primavera

OK don't get mad at me (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) my dictionary says dorks can be stupid too. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) but forget it.

As for City, as long as they are not playing in the CL, they have no chance of signing likes of Kaka. no disrespect to this team and its fans [I think there is at least one here] intended, but as for now, only money whores like Robinho scarify European football and join them, obviously only for $$$.

This post has been edited by Zed.D: Jan 14 2009, 09:39 PM

+Quote Post

acid911
post Jan 14 2009, 09:53 PM
Post #8

Berretti

QUOTE (Zed.D @ Jan 15 2009, 01:37 AM) *
OK don't get mad at me my dictionary says dorks can be stupid too. but forget it.

I never get mad. Have you ever seen me get mad??? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/realmad.gif) But yeah, I always prefer keeping my thoughts and energy consistent. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) And surely your dictionary says right. Dorks can be stupid too; so too can stupids come across as dorks sometimes. But I think dorks are human beings too. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cry.gif) They have a heart, you know.

Yup, forget it.

QUOTE (Zed.D @ Jan 15 2009, 01:37 AM) *
As for City, as long as they are not playing in the CL, they have no chance of signing likes of Kaka. no disrespect to this team and its fans [I think there is at least one here] intended, but as for now, only money whores like Robinho scarify European football and join them, obviously only for $$$.

Who is a Manchester City fan here in this forum? Don't tell me it's Max! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Anyway, agreed about the whole $$$ ordeal, and them having no chance of signing Kaka or other players of this stature. City's best bet is to save the moolah, set up a winning team from scratch, and then once they're in the CL, try and lure other stars. An XI composed of the absolute best players in the world rarely works (I've seen examples of this in cricket), just too much ego. They'll have to find a balance, with some good player, a bunch of great ones. Pity, they're too thickheaded to understand this simple concept.

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Jan 14 2009, 10:06 PM
Post #9

Primavera

QUOTE (acid911 @ Jan 15 2009, 01:23 AM) *
But I think dorks are human beings too. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cry.gif) They have a heart, you know.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Who is a Manchester City fan here in this forum? Don't tell me it's Max! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

I think whoarethepatriots is a City fan. I'm not sure whether he likes City's new policies though.

Anyway, agreed about the whole $$ ordeal, and them having no chance of signing Kaka or other players of this stature. City's best bet is to save the moolah, set up a winning team from scratch, and then once they're in the CL, try and lure other stars. An XI composed of the absolute best players in the world rarely works (I've seen examples of this in cricket), just too much ego. They'll have to find a balance, with some good player, a bunch of great ones. Pity, they're too thickheaded to understand this simple concept.

+1

+Quote Post

I_Rossoneri
post Jan 15 2009, 12:19 AM
Post #10

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 558

Why did it come to this? why didn't galliani and co refuse point blank? I'm just grateful that Ricky is a model proffessional. It also seems to me that he is more committed to the cause than our beloved management (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

IMO he should be given the captains armband now!!!!!!

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Jan 15 2009, 12:35 AM
Post #11

Token Girl
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 2,800

According to Mediaset, they DID refuse point-blank. City came in with a stated interest in Dida. Once they sat down, however, they immediately started asking about Kaka.

It's just that no official statement to that effect appeared on acmilan.com. Given who owns Mediaset, I tend to believe their take on events for Milan-related stuff.

As for the armband, I have no problem if Kaka is someday captain, but it's only fair that he wait his turn.

+Quote Post

Rivaldo
post Jan 15 2009, 02:48 AM
Post #12

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Member No.: 1,063

Forza Milan! Forza Kaka'!

+Quote Post

acid911
post Jan 15 2009, 05:53 AM
Post #13

Berretti

QUOTE (Tennie @ Jan 15 2009, 04:35 AM) *
City came in with a stated interest in Dida. Once they sat down, however, they immediately started asking about Kaka.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif)

+Quote Post

Bluesummers
post Jan 15 2009, 06:47 AM
Post #14

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 1,660

it seems we have accepted (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cry.gif)

+Quote Post

acid911
post Jan 15 2009, 06:49 AM
Post #15

Berretti

QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Jan 15 2009, 10:47 AM) *
it seems we have accepted

Huh? Seems as in seems or have we officially accepted? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

+Quote Post

54 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 08:03 PM