> [RW] Other Leagues

Jack Sparrow
post Nov 10 2010, 07:59 AM
Post #31

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,865

I didn't know that bit about Remembrance day. I know about the day...not really when the date is and all. Thanks. It makes sense now.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Nov 17 2010, 02:18 AM
Post #32

Prima Squadra

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,660

NY have released their all-time top scorer so they can try and get a fancy name instead. Err.. Ok.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Dec 16 2010, 06:02 AM
Post #33

Prima Squadra

JPA has gone to LA.

Angel. Beckham. Donovan. Awesome.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Jan 4 2011, 03:11 PM
Post #34

Prima Squadra

Samaras beat Rangers 2-0 at the weekend. Though I don't actually care, the club is far from the one I liked the past decade.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Jan 4 2011, 11:48 PM
Post #35

Allievi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 6,730

I'd have contributed much more to this thread had I been, pardon the pun, on the ball. I will now reply to some mystified posts to clarify a few things.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Jan 4 2011, 11:49 PM
Post #36

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Nov 8 2010, 10:09 PM) *
(IMG:http://i.imgur.com/CXm26.jpg)

"Wah, wah, we want to cause controversy" What a lovely bunch, they were at it last year as well.

Oh well, Rule Britannia, Northern Ireland is ours, boo hoo.

It's a sect, an extreme sect of their support called the Green Brigade which of course has been granted its own entire section in the ground. So thick though that they couldn't even spell 'bloodstained' correctly.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Jan 4 2011, 11:57 PM
Post #37

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Nov 9 2010, 06:21 AM) *
I don't get it. Honestly. What does Rangers have to do with Afghanistan,Iraq and Ireland?

Afghani and Iraq, nothing. There's a sort of pro Israeli thing because Celtic have some bizarre affinity with Palestine. I think the Rangers thing goes back to some Israeli players we've had in the past like Bonni Ginzburg and Avi Cohen. So Celtic naturally take up the political opposite and leap on the bandwagon.

As for Ireland, Rangers are traditionally protestant to Celtic's catholic. This originated from the Irish catholics creating Celtic in Glasgow during the time of the potato famine, and the protestants attaching themselves to Rangers to counterbalance. And since then political and sectarian divisions such as the conflict in northern Ireland where Celtic's republican arm wants Northern Ireland to be part of Ireland and not Britain.

So Celtic fans are considered republican and pro IRA, and totally anti British army - which is why their extreme arm slagged off Remembrance as it honours the soldiers from the British army who have lost their lives or been injured.

The whole thing is quite poisonous. I accept Rangers have a problem with bigotry in our support, but Celtic glorify terrorism and are quite vile in their behaviour. A minority of them interrupted a minute's silence to commemorate the deaths of 66 Rangers fans during the Ibrox disaster 40 years ago.

Hope this ramble made some sort of sense.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Jan 4 2011, 11:58 PM
Post #38

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jan 4 2011, 02:11 PM) *
Samaras beat Rangers 2-0 at the weekend. Though I don't actually care, the club is far from the one I liked the past decade.

It's actually the same tbh. It's just getting more press now. The ugly side of the Scottish game has been highlighted more in the past 10 years than it used to be.

+Quote Post

Jack Bauer
post Jan 5 2011, 01:07 AM
Post #39

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 6,705

QUOTE (Danny @ Jan 5 2011, 02:57 AM) *
Afghani and Iraq, nothing. There's a sort of pro Israeli thing because Celtic have some bizarre affinity with Palestine. I think the Rangers thing goes back to some Israeli players we've had in the past like Bonni Ginzburg and Avi Cohen. So Celtic naturally take up the political opposite and leap on the bandwagon.

Don't they (Celtic) have some Israeli player right now in their team?

This post has been edited by Jack Bauer: Jan 5 2011, 01:11 AM

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Jan 5 2011, 06:20 AM
Post #40

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,865

QUOTE (Danny @ Jan 5 2011, 04:27 AM) *

As for Ireland, Rangers are traditionally protestant to Celtic's catholic. This originated from the Irish catholics creating Celtic in Glasgow during the time of the potato famine, and the protestants attaching themselves to Rangers to counterbalance. And since then political and sectarian divisions such as the conflict in northern Ireland where Celtic's republican arm wants Northern Ireland to be part of Ireland and not Britain.

So Celtic fans are considered republican and pro IRA, and totally anti British army - which is why their extreme arm slagged off Remembrance as it honours the soldiers from the British army who have lost their lives or been injured.

The whole thing is quite poisonous. I accept Rangers have a problem with bigotry in our support, but Celtic glorify terrorism and are quite vile in their behaviour. A minority of them interrupted a minute's silence to commemorate the deaths of 66 Rangers fans during the Ibrox disaster 40 years ago.

Hope this ramble made some sort of sense.

Thanks a million. Now watch me show off at the sports bar!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smoke.gif)

+Quote Post

Danny
post Jan 5 2011, 01:35 PM
Post #41

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (Jack Bauer @ Jan 5 2011, 12:07 AM) *
Don't they (Celtic) have some Israeli player right now in their team?

They've signed so many players in the past season I literally couldn't tell you who plays for them any more. A quick check on Wikipedia confirmed my suspicions about a guy called Kayal though - he's the Israeli you mentioned.

Yes, the bizarre politicial alliances aren't exactly held consistently. It's more a convenience thing - if this Kayal guy played for us he'd get booed.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Jan 5 2011, 01:35 PM
Post #42

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jan 5 2011, 05:20 AM) *
Thanks a million. Now watch me show off at the sports bar!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smoke.gif)

Better take a printed copy (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

+Quote Post

Jack Bauer
post Jan 5 2011, 05:04 PM
Post #43

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 6,705

QUOTE (Danny @ Jan 5 2011, 03:35 PM) *
They've signed so many players in the past season I literally couldn't tell you who plays for them any more. A quick check on Wikipedia confirmed my suspicions about a guy called Kayal though - he's the Israeli you mentioned.

Yes, the bizarre politicial alliances aren't exactly held consistently. It's more a convenience thing - if this Kayal guy played for us he'd get booed.

Yeah, that's the guy. He played pretty good in the last game vs your team.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Jan 5 2011, 06:17 PM
Post #44

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (Jack Bauer @ Jan 5 2011, 04:04 PM) *
Yeah, that's the guy. He played pretty good in the last game vs your team.

We were hideous. The Eastbourne Zimmer Pub Select XI could have beaten us that day.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Jan 7 2011, 05:43 PM
Post #45

Prima Squadra

It's a circus!

+Quote Post

27 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:45 AM