Guests cannot vote 

Fillipo Simone
post Aug 14 2006, 07:00 PM
Post #136

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,564

QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Aug 14 2006, 06:54 PM)
Yep, that is the only problem really! Otherwise he would be our first choice captain after Maldini. But due to his injury problems and his increasing age, it's rather unlikely to happen.

With Pirlo, Clarence, Rino and Ricky I really don`t see space for Ambro. Even a 100precent fit one?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Aug 14 2006, 07:04 PM
Post #137

Smoking Bianco

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 191

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Aug 14 2006, 09:00 PM)
With Pirlo, Clarence, Rino and Ricky I really don`t see space for Ambro. Even a 100precent fit one?

Well the season is long .. And I think our players will get a chance to rotate

+Quote Post

KillerMax
post Aug 14 2006, 07:17 PM
Post #138

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 1,388

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Aug 14 2006, 12:00 PM)

Last year Ambro was picked over Gattuso and only injuries put him back on the bench. While it would be just mad to pick Ambro over Gatusso this year, I would gladly pick him as our second captain after Rino. If he gets injured again, I can easily see Pirlo, Nesta or even Kaladze taking the armband as our second captains.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Aug 14 2006, 08:17 PM
Post #139

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Aug 14 2006, 07:17 PM)
Last year Ambro was picked over Gattuso and only injuries put him back on the bench. While it would be just mad to pick Ambro over Gatusso this year, I would gladly pick him as our second captain after Rino. If he gets injured again, I can easily see Pirlo, Nesta or even Kaladze taking the armband as our second captains.

I don`t know if Rino is the man for that kind of responsability?

+Quote Post

KillerMax
post Aug 14 2006, 10:56 PM
Post #140

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 1,388

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Aug 14 2006, 01:17 PM)
I don`t know if Rino is the man for that kind of responsability?

Galliani said that Rino will be Milan's captain after Paolo... And I'm sure he will change a lot when given the armband. Just watch some of the games where he was assined the captain armband. He did great! (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post

whoarethepatriot...
post Aug 15 2006, 04:42 PM
Post #141

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 782

QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Aug 14 2006, 09:56 PM)
Galliani said that Rino will be Milan's captain after Paolo... And I'm sure he will change a lot when given the armband. Just watch some of the games where he was assined the captain armband. He did great!  (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Yeah i believe that something similar happened to Patrick Viera when he was made captain at Arsenal

At first he got lots of yellow and red cards, but when given the captains armband he cooled down and showed responsibility, Gattuso also proved this when he avoided getting yellow carded after his first offence, he played calmly and made good tackles

+Quote Post

planck
post Aug 15 2006, 04:55 PM
Post #142

Pulcini Provinciali 98

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 1,385

I would give it to Nesta or Pirlo!

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Mar 25 2008, 10:07 PM
Post #143

Primavera
Group Icon

I know we had similar discussions considering this matter. But this season Maldini will probably say addio, and Milan will have to find a new captain. And the choice isn't that easy or unimportant..

Ivan Gennaro Gattuso
255 matches played (51 caps for Italy)

pros: he's been with Milan for over 8 years, and played as a regular most of the time. Also, most of the fans consider him to be one of the most distinctive Milan players, a trade mark of the post-Maldini generation. His presence, solidity and resistance of long-term injuries could provide a good solution. Also, his character could gain more stability and calmness.
cons: his character in first place. It isn't that rare that we see Gattuso yell and scream at a referee, loosing his temper or acting hastily. He could be a Matrix-like captain, who's 100% with the team but not the guy with experience and sense for playing the ball down. Also, he's 30 years old, which makes him a solution for 4-6 seasons. Not bad, but considering that we had Maldini as captian for about 10 seasons it's a new situation.

Massimo Ambrosini
218 matches played (31 caps for Italy)

pros: Ambrosini has been with Milan since 1995, and knows the team very well. After Boban, Costacurta and Shevchenko retired or left, he had been mostly Maldini's No. 2. His calmness, responsibility and rationality in grave moments is astonishing and displays a positive and ensuring model to the team.
cons: he's known as an injury-prone player, although this season he proved resistivity. It is the main reason why thought playing for Milan more then a decade he never was considered a integral or irreplaceable part of the team. His first XI spot was established only after Ancelotti switched to a different system, or, after the departure of Shevchenko. Also, he's just like Gattuso 30+ years old.

Alessandro Nesta
150 matches played (78 caps for Italy)

pros: played for Italy's squad for three World Cups and has emense international experience. Also, he was for 5 seasons Lazio's captain, guiding the team in their greatest period in the clubs history. In Milan he established himself as a classy defender. Over two decades Milan has a defender as captain. Also, he's been the one who played the most matches alongst with Maldini and Costacurta, plus the Azzuri post-Maldini captain Cannavaro. Allways considered to be a calm and rational player, he certainly has the pedigree to take over at Milan as well.
cons: Nesta never hided his love to Lazio and ruled out a comeback. This fact is his only real "con". In addition to that, the only (minor) problems would be that he's 32 and that he started to be injury-prone.

Kakhaber Kaladze
170 matches played (50 caps for Georgia)

pros: captain of the Georgian NT for quite some time, but however never made it with them to a big tournament final. Playing for Milan for 7 seasons, mostly as a central defender (although started as a left back/winger) he established himself as one of Milans trademarks.
cons: some fans would point out that he's lacking of class to be even a Milan player, more then less a future captain. Also considered to be rugged, without the needed temper and personality for a captain.

Andrea Pirlo
200 matches played (44 caps for Italy)

pros: Andrea did not even past 30 years, which puts him the unique option to be the most long lasting solution. He's a standard player who usually misses not more then 10% of Milan's matches. Also has a good reputation off field and a calm temper. He was Italy's U-21 captain in 2000. when the team reached the bronze medail on the Olympics.
cons: in recent years never proved himself to be a leading character capacity, and never was considered as one.

Clarence Seedorf
170 matches played (86 caps for Holland)

pros: leaded the Dutch national side more then once into success and has many big international matches in his feet's. However, he missed the 2002 WC and being nominated for the NT in 2006. On the other hand, he achived and surpassed numerous records in the Champions League, being the only player to win the trophy with three different clubs, or the most capped Dutch player ever played. He also has that certain leader ability and temper. Seedorf is a regular player, and enjoys a good relationship with both Ancelotti and the rest of Milan's team.
cons: just like Pirlo, he's been playing for Inter in his past, and did change many colors before settling with Milan. He also never was tested as captain at Milan, and in addition played "just" 6 seasons for Milan.

Ricardo Kaka
146 matches played (57 caps for Brazil)

pros: in his professional career Kaka played only for Sao Paolo and Milan. Also, he declared that he will be loyal to the red-black shirt for a long time, putting down any speculations of leaving the team soon. Most likely he will end his career with Milan, and considering that he is only 25 years old, he could be a decade lasting solution. In just one season he established himself as Milan's greatest name, and recently won many awards who proved the same. His character is spotless and his temper well controlled and balanced. Could be the first South American captain at Milan since Jose Altafini and some rare Leonardo jump-ins.
cons: Milan is not familiar with a non-defender and non-Italian as captain. For years there's been a different tradition.

Daniele Bonera
40 matches played (13 caps for Italy)

pros: Bonera is still young, but has given the opportunity to learn from the best - Nesta, Costacurta and Maldini. He has been too often pushed on the flanks and failed, but when played as central defender allways managed a solid performance at least. He is italian, young, and a defender for the next Milan generation.
cons: never actually captained any team and never showed off any leading abilities. In contrary, like Pirlo or even Ambrosini he often plays a reserved role and mostly depends on the teams general attitude. One more "con" is that Bonera only recently joined Milan (2006) and for sure would be a surprise nomination.

Massimo Oddo
32 matches played (34 caps for Italy)

pros: is a combination of Nesta's and Bonera's "pros" with the plus that he was a Milan primavera. So he has a certain legitimity to deserve the armband. He was also Lazio's captain for a few seasons and showed off well, earning himself a NT call-up.
cons: joined Milan only recently, and still has to prove consistency and long-term quality. His Milan connection from the primaveras is more theoretical the applicable. In addition to that he's passed 30 years.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Mar 25 2008, 10:21 PM
Post #144

Prima Squadra

Member No.: 3,660

My personal choice would be Ambro. Followed by Gattuso and Kaka'.

Nice post Filippo.

This post has been edited by kurtsimonw: Mar 25 2008, 10:22 PM

+Quote Post

m1ke
post Mar 25 2008, 10:23 PM
Post #145

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Great post, and something I was thinking about the other day.

Nesta gets my vote for sure, although I don't think he'll get it (I think it'll go to Ambro). Nesta is arguably our most consistent performer, and has already shown his leadership qualities at Lazio.

+Quote Post

aLbErTo
post Mar 25 2008, 11:37 PM
Post #146

Best substiton player :)

Member No.: 1,810

ambro/gattuso...my vote went for rino, cause i think ambro won't be so "regular" as this season, but that's just my point of view...

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Mar 25 2008, 11:38 PM
Post #147

Primavera

Member No.: 1,265

Personally I want a captain for the next 5 or 8 years. so my personal choices are Pirlo and Kaka respectively. but we all know it'll be between Ambro and Rino, which IMO neither are 100% qualified to be Maldini's successor. Ambro just have no control over his nerve in difficult situations and Rino's style of play and especially characteristics are not that of a charismatic leader. he's only good at motivating the others, but that's not all a captain should be... [once again, IN MY OPINION]

+Quote Post

weeeow
post Mar 25 2008, 11:39 PM
Post #148

Esordienti A 95

Member No.: 1,757

'Sandro Nesta (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Mar 25 2008, 11:43 PM
Post #149

Primavera

Member No.: 1,265

That said, if I could freely choose one, it'd be Kaka. he's been here for five seasons, is [and will be] an absolute regular starter both for Milan and Brazil, and from every pov, he's just perfect...

+Quote Post

dst
post Mar 26 2008, 12:05 AM
Post #150

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 911

Alessandro Nesta. A great man, a great leader and a great footballer. Milan's captain is not just the guy who wears the armband, Milan's captain is a person who is respected by his teammates and his opponents and whose mere presence on the pitch is enough to take the team a whole level above. That said, there is no one in the team right now that can be a captain as great as Paolo Maldini and Franco Baresi. Nesta might have Lazio in his heart but he is ideal for the role in my view.

Kaladze? My heart aches that he's even playing for Milan...

Of course the captain is not going to be Nesta, it will be Ambrosini... I certainly do no agree with this choice though. (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/sleep.gif)

PS I hope we won't have to choose one until Summer '09.

+Quote Post

13 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 12 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 01:02 PM