> The Road to the EURO 2008, EURO 2008 qualification here

han2503
post Mar 29 2007, 09:44 PM
Post #301

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

England were horrible and that was probably one of the worst games I saw.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Mar 30 2007, 02:03 PM
Post #302

Prima Squadra

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,660

McLaren isn't at fault for being such an awful manager.. The FA aren't at fault for hiring such an idiot. The press are to blame. Without their rumours and whatnot Sven would still be manager. As many of you who wanted him out, he did a superb job.

I can only seem to remember the WC QF with Brazil as a competitive match that he actually lost in 90 minutes. He led us to the historic thumping of Germany. The classic 2 goals in the last minute 3-2 win over the Argies in Geneva. Yes the World Cup was poor, Sven's decision to take Theo was awful but he took us to two World Cup QFs and to be honest, it doesn't even look like McLaren can take us to a tournment.

We can all thank the media for this (And Cristiano Ronaldo (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) )

+Quote Post

Milan Are Brilli...
post Mar 30 2007, 02:37 PM
Post #303

Berretti
Group Icon

Member No.: 90

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Mar 30 2007, 01:03 PM)
The FA aren't at fault for hiring such an idiot.

Yes they are! We tried with Scolari, but I would say as would many O'Neill would have been the right man for the job.

McClaren was just the cheap alternative...

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Mar 30 2007, 02:44 PM
Post #304

Prima Squadra

QUOTE (Kaka Is Brilliant @ Mar 30 2007, 01:37 PM)
Yes they are! We tried with Scolari, but I would say as would many O'Neill would have been the right man for the job.

McClaren was just the cheap alternative...

My club loyalties are more important to me than my national loyalties so in that case I'd have to give thanks to the FA. I'd prefer seeing O'Neill at Villa than England.

+Quote Post

LaPalma
post Mar 30 2007, 05:45 PM
Post #305

Insert cool title here<--
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,792

England is in the same position Germany was in 2004. Except for the fact that you guys have great players. A team like Englands with a good coach would probably be one of the best in the world, even better than our team. But the coach really matters much. Under Voeller, Ribbeck and Vogts Germany played like sh!t (I still have no idea how they won the Euro 1996 and made it to the final in 2002), but now under Löw they're playing great football. And even more important, they're playing as a team. England has great player but they don't have a great team. As said above, Gerrard AND Lampard in midfield....it just doesn't work. Plus, players which play great for their club play much worse for England (Rooney for example). But I'm still convinced they'll make it to the tournament.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Mar 30 2007, 06:03 PM
Post #306

Prima Squadra

QUOTE (LaPalma @ Mar 30 2007, 04:45 PM)
England is in the same position Germany was in 2004. Except for the fact that you guys have great players. A team like Englands with a good coach would probably be one of the best in the world, even better than our team. But the coach really matters much. Under Voeller, Ribbeck and Vogts Germany played like sh!t (I still have no idea how they won the Euro 1996 and made it to the final in 2002), but now under Löw they're playing great football. And even more important, they're playing as a team. England has great player but they don't have a great team. As said above, Gerrard AND Lampard in midfield....it just doesn't work. Plus, players which play great for their club play much worse for England (Rooney for example). But I'm still convinced they'll make it to the tournament.

Any players can play together.

WC Qualifer 2001, Vs Germany. Our centre midfielders we're Paul Scholes and Steven Gerrard. Gerrard is the constant in the team, but Lampard has replaced Scholes who in my opinion are very similar players. They both love to get beyond the strikers, shoot from range and score plenty of goals. and we beat Germany 5-1 to prove that it can work. Both of them played superb in that game. It can be done. It's not them two who need changing. It's others.

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Mar 30 2007, 09:11 PM
Post #307

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

I dunno. Doesn't Scholes have brains? And he doesn't shoot when he can pass....and he can dribble...and he's not fat (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

It's not just about the similarity of the players, it's also about how fluent you can be playing with each other. Personally I thought McLaren was just trying to make sure every time he picked his team he didn't miss any stars.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Mar 30 2007, 09:15 PM
Post #308

Prima Squadra

McLaren needs to go, he doesn't have a clue. The only reason Stuart Downing EVER gets into the squad is because of his and McLarens ties with 'Boro. Gareth Barry is 10 times the player Downing could DREAM of being. (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Mar 30 2007, 09:41 PM
Post #309

Smoking Bianco

Member No.: 191

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Mar 30 2007, 11:15 PM)
McLaren needs to go, he doesn't have a clue. The only reason Stuart Downing EVER gets into the squad is because of his and McLarens ties with 'Boro. Gareth Barry is 10 times the player Downing could DREAM of being. (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Every coach has a player he trusts, and that player would move with him where ever he went. Capello to Madrid, he took Cana and Emerson ... So McLaren's choice in picking Downing has to be linked with the coach's trust in the player.

I don't understand how you could judge McLaren when he hasn't been given a chance. I mean take a not of Erikson and then criticize McLaren. Don't jump to conctusions, cuz I think McLaren just needs time to shape up the right formation and players for your national team.

p.s. I used to root for England, but the hype they get and all this talk every time there is a tournament about how England will conquer and win, but in the end they are the first ones out .. Turned me off of England. But u can never know, he could be the one behind England's success (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Mar 30 2007, 09:46 PM
Post #310

Prima Squadra

Well I'm one of the fewe that wanted Eriksson to stay. He did, in my opinion, a superb job. McLarens teams are struggling to beat the likes of Israel and Andorra, where Svens teams would consistantly beat crap, average and even good teams.

McLaren has had enough time, 10 games now? It's his fault he doesn't use his friendlies wisely. Gareth Barry played 15 minutes in our last friendly, how the hell does he make an impression in that time?

He doesn't know what he's doing, get him out of there before the Russia game, otherwise it'll be too late.

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Mar 30 2007, 09:48 PM
Post #311

Token Girl
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,800

Admittedly, I don't really follow the EPL too much (mostly for the hype-related reasons R7 mentions above), so I should probably tread lightly when discussing the England NT. But...even if McClaren is not God's gift to coaching, should not some of the blame also fall onto the shoulders of the ridiculously well-paid and pampered players?

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Mar 30 2007, 10:05 PM
Post #312

Smoking Bianco

Member No.: 191

QUOTE (Tennie @ Mar 30 2007, 11:48 PM)
But...even if McClaren is not God's gift to coaching, should not some of the blame also fall onto the shoulders of the ridiculously well-paid and pampered players?

Exactly, thank you (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/king.gif)

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Mar 30 2007, 10:12 PM
Post #313

Prima Squadra

QUOTE (Tennie @ Mar 30 2007, 08:48 PM)
Admittedly, I don't really follow the EPL too much (mostly for the hype-related reasons R7 mentions above), so I should probably tread lightly when discussing the England NT. But...even if McClaren is not God's gift to coaching, should not some of the blame also fall onto the shoulders of the ridiculously well-paid and pampered players?

I see what you're saying. But Mclaren isn't letting them play how they want. Putting them out of position.

But in recent games he's been getting it wrong:
Lennon played on the left (100% right-sided player)
Gerrard on the right (100% central player)
4 defenders against Andorra? Did we even need 2? They had 0 shots from open play.

We should play 3-5-2. With Hargreavesm Gerrard and Lamps all accross the middle. Lamps and Stevie can get forward as mcuh as they want them with Hargreaves staying back in the holding role. With Lennon/Joe Cole/Downing/Beckham/Barry/Ashley Cole or whoever on the wings and two up front. With the players we have our best form of defense is definetly attack, we don't need for out and out defenders all the time!

+Quote Post

dst
post Jun 1 2007, 07:08 PM
Post #314

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 911

Well this is a friendly but I didn't wanna open a new thread for it: How many of you are going to watch tonight's match-up between England and Brazil!??

I'm certainly going to, every chance to watch Kaka play is precious!! This town never sleeps anyway...

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Jun 1 2007, 08:02 PM
Post #315

Prima Squadra

England
1 Paul Robinson
2 Jamie Carragher
3 Nicky Shorey
4 Steven Gerrard
5 Ledley King
6 John Terry
7 David Beckham
8 Frank Lampard
9 Alan Smith
10 Michael Owen
11 Joe Cole

Brazil
1. Helton
2. Dani Alves
3. Naldo
4. Juan
5. Mineiro
6. Gilberto
7. Ronaldinho
8. Gilberto Silva
9. Vagner Love
10. Kaka
11. Robinho

Did you hear the roar when Beckham's name got announced over the loud speaker. (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

This post has been edited by kurtsimonw: Jun 1 2007, 08:04 PM

+Quote Post

106 Pages V  « < 19 20 21 22 23 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 03:43 AM