Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Milan - Lecce --- 05/4/2009, Serie A - Week 30

MizNelson
post Apr 5 2009, 11:45 PM
Post #181

Dida per sempre

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 3,563

Obscenely bloated ratings by Goal.com for today's match. Never mind that we sucked until extra time.

QUOTE (Goal.com[b)
]Dida – 7.0:[/B] The Brazilian keeper didn’t have all that much to do throughout this match; however he dealt with everything that was asked of him, and managed to record a clean sheet in the process.

Zambrotta – 8.0: The Italian international was dominant on the right flank all match, especially in attack, as he sent in a countless number of balls into the area on a consistent basis.

Maldini – 6.5: The captain of the Rossoneri was forced from the field with injury after just 40 minutes of play, and prior to that taking place, he did everything that was required of him.

Favalli – 7.0: The veteran defender was fairly solid defensively, and despite a shaky start, in which he allowed Tiribocchi to get in behind him and threaten Dida in goal on two occasions, Favalli got better as the match wore on.

Jankulovski – 7.5: Similar to Zambrotta, the Czech international was up and down the left flank all match, providing great services to his attacking team-mates up front.

Flamini – 7.5: The Frenchman was very impressive at times tonight. He did well to get himself into shooting positions on a number of occasions, and he was unfortunate not to see at least one of his efforts beat Benussi.

Pirlo – 8.0: Continued the impressive form he showed in Italy’s two recent world cup qualifiers, as his passing and creativity was very good once again tonight. His ball into the area is what resulted in the opening goal to Ronaldinho on 91 minutes.

Seedorf – 5.5: The under fire Dutchman will come under further scrutiny after tonight’s performance, as his impact was minimal yet again, leading to him being replaced just eight minutes into the second half by Ronaldinho.

Kaka – 7.0: Made a welcomed return to the starting XI, and despite taking some time to impose himself in the match, he got better as it wore on; especially following the inclusion of Ronaldinho in the second half.

Pato – 8.5: Without doubt the most dominant player on the pitch tonight. He gave the Lecce back four an extremely tough time every time he was in possession of the ball. He had a number of opportunities to break the deadlock throughout, including a glorious effort on 34 minutes that had Benussi beaten, an incredible solo effort on 44 minutes that deserved more, and a header on 59 minutes from a Zambrotta cross.

Inzaghi – 7.5: Worked as hard as always tonight, after earning yet another start in Rossoneri colours. He managed to score the second goal on 93 minutes, with a header from a Shevchenko cross.

Subs: Senderos 7.5, Ronaldinho 8.0, Shevchenko 7.0

No way do most of these players deserve to crack 7 territory. Ridiculous.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

TriniKing_CE
post Apr 5 2009, 11:51 PM
Post #182

CrAzY EyeS

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,723

QUOTE (dst @ Apr 5 2009, 05:05 PM) *
Carlo brought See out and he made a good change with Sheva in Kaka's place but he'll go to hell anyway for making that first substitution...

+1
LOL (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I myself wasn't thrilled to see Il Capitano come off either, for Senderos at that too... Atleast he helped us atain a win.

QUOTE (mishie @ Apr 5 2009, 05:06 PM) *
couldn't disagree more...we were the only team after a result, ugly or not we wanted to win unlike Lecce who had a formation at time of 6-3-1....they made the game ugly and i think we throughly deserved the 3 points

+1

QUOTE (amancik @ Apr 5 2009, 05:07 PM) *

Sheva was successful long before his long hair era, this has nothing to do with his assist today!
Shevchenko has gotten older, and a lack of regualr football over the past few 'YEARS' has caused a need for change in his approach to the game. This isn't getting to be acted upon, since he isn't in form and we can't wait for him to adapt at the moment. All in all, Shevchenko screwed up his playing career (unfortunately) from the time he signed for chelsea. Sad that he hasn't be able to get back to his best since this. It is a damn shame, who knows what more he could have accomplished by now had he not made that MISTAKE! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)
Anyway - no use crying over the past, just need to look foward.
Regardless of what else transpires in the 'story of Shevchenko' he will always be a Legend in my eyes. (He became one before even leaving Milan) ...And Legends - Don't Die! (figuratively speaking obviously)

QUOTE (Zed.D @ Apr 5 2009, 05:10 PM) *
A good team should be able to play football against any side, lecce's included. we're far away from that.

Milan has certainly changed from what we have once known and loved it for being (hopefully it will get back to its best really soon - the wait was been long and torturous (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) ), its no where near the likes of what Milan used to be, but putting that aside, today's performance wasn't really 'bash' worthy. Surely a draw today against Lecce would have been a great disappointment, and we somehow managed to get the win late in the end (thank goodness). We weren't at our best today, that for sure is damn certain (we actually haven't seen Milan at their best for quite some on a regualr basis), but today we were also FAR from our worst.

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Apr 5 2009, 11:58 PM
Post #183

Token Girl
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 2,800

By way of comparison with the ratings on the Website Not To Be Named, here are Datasport's ratings:

Dida 6 Paraticamente inoperoso per tutta la gara ma suda freddo su un tiro di Tiribocchi che termina di poco a lato.

Jankulovski 6 Spinge davvero molto sulla fascia sinistra, sta bene fisicamente e i compagni ne approfittano.

Maldini 6 Gioca come può con un leggero problema agli adduttori della gamba sinistra. Sostituito a pochi minuti dalla fine del primo tempo.

Favalli 6.5 Ad inizio gara soffre la velocità di Tiribocchi, riesce a prendergli le misure giocando di anticipo.
Zambrotta 6.5 Sembra non risentire del doppio impegno con la Nazionale, corre moltissimo ma i suoi cross non sono precisi come al solito.

Senderos 6 Entra al posto dell'infortunato Maldini e gioca una buona gara. Il gol di Ronaldinho per poco nnon è suo visto che il brasiliano tocca il pallone involontariamente.

Flamini 6.5 Da qunado è iniziato il ritorno di campionato il francese ha offerto prestazioni sempre migliori. Un valido aiuto per la squadra, vista l'assenza di Gattuso e il non ancora pieno recupero di Ambrosini.

Pirlo 6.5 Il metronomo del centrocampo si diverte. I centrocampisti avversari non lo impensieriscono mai e lui può lanciare i compagni con tutta calma.

Kaka' 5 Cade sempre, forse ha sbagliato le scarpe. Se Dunga ha detto che è stato il suo staff a rimetterlo in piedi e questi sono i risultati non ci siamo proprio.

Seedorf 5.5 Cincischia molto. Con la palal tra i piedi è formidabile ma oggi non è incisivo.

Inzaghi 6.5 Praticamente inoperoso per tutta la gara si sveglianel finale con l'ingresso di Ronaldinho e Shevchenko che sanno come servirlo, difatti trova il raddoppio di testa su assistenza dell'ucraino.

Ronaldinho 6.5 Porta in vantaggio i rossoneri con un fortunoso colpo di testa. per la verità il tiro è di Senderos ma il brasiliano è sulla traiettoria e tocca il pallone.

Shevchenko 6.5 Era una vita che non lo si vedeva in campo e lui fa di tutto per mettersi in mostra. Suo l'assist del raddoppio di Inzaghi.

Pato 7 E' inutile nasconderlo. Questo ragazzo ha una marcia in più degli altri. Da rivedere la sua progresisone nel primo tempo o la sua conclusione dai trenta metri che si spegne di poco a lato. Un fenomeno.

+Quote Post

MizNelson
post Apr 6 2009, 12:07 AM
Post #184

Dida per sempre

QUOTE (Tennie @ Apr 5 2009, 03:58 PM) *
By way of comparison with the ratings on the Website Not To Be Named, here are Datasport's ratings:

[said ratings]

Those are much better. +1 piece of peppermint bark to Fishdoll.

+Quote Post

GATTUSO91
post Apr 6 2009, 04:36 AM
Post #185

Pulcini 99

Member No.: 4,675

what`s the final score in milan-lecce?
k can`t see the match and y want to know the score (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post

Darunia
post Apr 6 2009, 06:46 AM
Post #186

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 2,240

2-0 Milan =D

Senderos/Ronaldinho scored and Pippo added the second.

+Quote Post

vahid
post Apr 6 2009, 09:53 AM
Post #187

Esordienti A 95

Member No.: 3,912

How is Maldini? is his injury serious or not? can he play next week?

+Quote Post

elcordobez
post Apr 6 2009, 11:00 AM
Post #188

Esordienti A 95

Member No.: 251

re:Pato

Yes in hindsight he could've been less selfish at certain times,but then again what if he scored?Then we'd be saying,thank god he was selfish at that moment.

Either way i'm sure he'll strike the right balance over time,whatever he chooses to do on the field at his age right or wrong is valuable experience for himself.
Another thing,judging primarily from replays,the body language from the team sometimes is quite negative when Pato screws up one of his runs but i hope behind closed doors they are supportive.

This post has been edited by elcordobez: Apr 6 2009, 11:01 AM

+Quote Post

MizNelson
post Apr 6 2009, 11:33 AM
Post #189

Dida per sempre

QUOTE (elcordobez @ Apr 6 2009, 03:00 AM) *
judging primarily from replays,the body language from the team sometimes is quite negative when Pato screws up one of his runs but i hope behind closed doors they are supportive.

Oh, I think they are. He's young and inexperienced, and just has a tendency to hold on to the ball too much and is surrounded by opposing defenders as a result.

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Apr 6 2009, 11:38 AM
Post #190

Primavera

Member No.: 1,265

QUOTE (elcordobez @ Apr 6 2009, 01:30 PM) *
re:Pato

Yes in hindsight he could've been less selfish at certain times,but then again what if he scored?Then we'd be saying,thank god he was selfish at that moment.

Either way i'm sure he'll strike the right balance over time,whatever he chooses to do on the field at his age right or wrong is valuable experience for himself.
Another thing,judging primarily from replays,the body language from the team sometimes is quite negative when Pato screws up one of his runs but i hope behind closed doors they are supportive.

+1

Exactly my thoughts (great minds think alike after all (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) )

Had his finish been more accurate, it would've been a super goal (even better than his goal at the Olimpico). I for one don't complain he took his chance. he made it himself out of nothing.

As for some of his teammates' reactions, well, whenever they stopped playing like they don't give a hoot and actually played like a Milan player, then we'll talk. especially last night I saw an awful Kaka and to a lesser extent Seedorf, Janku, Zambro, etc.

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Apr 6 2009, 11:45 AM
Post #191

Primavera

Member No.: 1,265

QUOTE (MizNelson @ Apr 6 2009, 02:03 PM) *
Oh, I think they are. He's young and inexperienced, and just has a tendency to hold on to the ball too much and is surrounded by opposing defenders as a result.

I don't think he holds on to the ball too much; not anymore. Dinho and Seedorf do that. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Apr 6 2009, 01:50 PM
Post #192

Smoking Bianco

Member No.: 191

A very good performance overall. Milan dominated from the very first minute of the game, controlling the whole field and constantly pouring the pressure on Lecce. Credit is due to Lecce for defending real well the whole match though.

Some notable comments on specific players from yesterday's match:

Out of the midfield players:

Pirlo is on top form .. What this player does with the ball at his feet is simply fantastic !

Flamini has really improved from when he first arrived, and I expect him to continue on this path.

On the attacking players:

Kaka' seemed to do well .. Not by his usual standards, but considering the persistent injuries that has kept him from producing his usual standards. Nevertheless, I am grateful that he is able to play.

Ronaldinho seems to find it difficult in finding spaces, as he is constantly being tackled whenever he gets the ball. Give him space and his creativity is what opened up the chance to score the second. He will come clean at the end.

Pato has show maturity and is cementing his presence in this team. I don't think I can add more, as he has been a consistent factor upfront

Shevchenko ... A banner on the Curva Sud last night read: "Carletto, show more respect to Shevchenko!" I hope he stays on.

3 points in the bag and 4 points a drift off 2nd place. Yet I think the season is over, inter got the Scudetto, Juve will have to get ready for next season and so will Milan.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Apr 6 2009, 01:59 PM
Post #193

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (gal_kenny @ Apr 5 2009, 10:03 PM) *
I think I just figured out something...The key to Sheva's success is his long hair...

Sheva's golden ball win was for his 03/04 season, that's when he had the cropped hair cut. I actually had to make a double take when I saw him with the long haor again, when I see his long hair the moment my mind automatically switches to was that CL goal against Inter, the curler with his left foot from the edge of the box. That was an unforgettable goal...

As for him playing well, I think he can never go back to what he was, but do I think he could be useful to us next season should he play more? Definately!! He's just been way off his game these past 2 seasons, imo, Sheva was mostly ruined for the 2006 world cup, he got injured in the last few games of the season with Milan, they pushed him into recovering and playing for the world cup, then he was off being paraded around the US with Chelsea in their summer tour, and after that he was constantly played as a winger in Mourinho's rigid system, after that first season at Chelsea it all went down hill for him, both with injuries and form.

As for the discussion of whether or not we deserved to win this game, I think we did based on the fact that we played decent, didn't even give Lecce a look in and for Carlo's positive subs. I think the subs alone to me were the highlight of my week not even the win, just because they proved to Carlo that if he is positive the results will come.

+Quote Post

I_Rossoneri
post Apr 6 2009, 07:36 PM
Post #194

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 558

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Apr 6 2009, 01:50 PM) *
A very good performance overall. Milan dominated from the very first minute of the game, controlling the whole field and constantly pouring the pressure on Lecce. Credit is due to Lecce for defending real well the whole match though.

Some notable comments on specific players from yesterday's match:

Out of the midfield players:

Pirlo is on top form .. What this player does with the ball at his feet is simply fantastic !

Flamini has really improved from when he first arrived, and I expect him to continue on this path.

On the attacking players:

Kaka' seemed to do well .. Not by his usual standards, but considering the persistent injuries that has kept him from producing his usual standards. Nevertheless, I am grateful that he is able to play.

Ronaldinho seems to find it difficult in finding spaces, as he is constantly being tackled whenever he gets the ball. Give him space and his creativity is what opened up the chance to score the second. He will come clean at the end.

Pato has show maturity and is cementing his presence in this team. I don't think I can add more, as he has been a consistent factor upfront

Shevchenko ... A banner on the Curva Sud last night read: "Carletto, show more respect to Shevchenko!" I hope he stays on.

3 points in the bag and 4 points a drift off 2nd place. Yet I think the season is over, inter got the Scudetto, Juve will have to get ready for next season and so will Milan.

Very good post and agree with all but the Shevchenko part - IMO he is finished and has nothing else to offer.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Apr 6 2009, 07:56 PM
Post #195

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

I personally wouldn't mind at all if Senderos stayed as our fourth CB...

Ugly, ugly performance by the team. we didn't deserve to win IMO. with the exception of Pato, Flamini, Favalli and Pippo, no one did well IMO.

Now, here's a new perspective,..

I mean...we didn't desereve a victory? Who did? Lecce? Seen 2nd half?
Naah, won't bother discuss,..yeah, we played like sh@t and deserved to loose.

This post has been edited by Fillipo Simone: Apr 6 2009, 07:57 PM

+Quote Post

14 Pages V  « < 11 12 13 14 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 01:01 AM