15 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Champions League - Group Stage Day 1 - Milan - Anderlecht, Date: 18/09/12 Time: 20:45 CET

han2503
post Sep 16 2012, 02:54 PM
Post #1

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

Could this be Allegri's swan song?

If he does not win this one I can see him getting the sack. Inexcusable decisions in all of the games so far with the Bologna result flattering him.

If we want to achieve something decent in the CL this season then we have to win the group, but if losing this game means Allegri going, then I'd hope for a loss at this point

Anyone know who will be back from injury for this one?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Sep 16 2012, 03:16 PM
Post #2

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 16 2012, 04:54 PM) *
Could this be Allegri's swan song? If he does not win this one I can see him getting the sack.

Galliani today: "Allegri is absolutely not in discussion. He must remain calm".

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post

Danny
post Sep 16 2012, 03:28 PM
Post #3

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,730

We are NOT going to win the group. We are battling with Malaga for the runners' up spot, and I doubt we can beat a strong Spanish side somehow.

If we qualify from this group, given our quite agonising home form, I will be staggered.

As for our opening game, Anderlecht will be anything but mugs. Belgian football is enjoying a very purple spell with some high profile players (Vermaelen, Hazard, Kompany, Buyten, Fellaini, Lukaku to name a few) and while Anderlecht only have one significant international in Gillet they will be tough.

We will really have to hit form very quickly if we're to have any chance of getting anything from this match.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 16 2012, 03:37 PM
Post #4

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 16 2012, 03:16 PM) *
Galliani today: "Allegri is absolutely not in discussion. He must remain calm".

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

We all know for a fact that Galliani is a compulsive liar

+Quote Post

Danny
post Sep 16 2012, 04:08 PM
Post #5

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,730

QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 16 2012, 04:37 PM) *
We all know for a fact that Galliani is a compulsive liar

That statement to me could actually mean he's not part of the discussion as we're getting rid as soon as possible.

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Sep 16 2012, 04:13 PM
Post #6

Primavera

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 1,265

Not that we've not been crap, but this is a completely new team made up of mostly average players (our few decent players like Pato, Binho and Monto have spent more time on treatment table than on the pitch so far). I'd wait more than 3 games to sack the coach no matter what his decisions have been. look at Madrid, with all those quality superstars they've been a mess in the new season. I saw the first half of their game with Sevilla and they were utter crap. should Madrid sack Mouinho as well?

That said, there's a limit. we're not in the running for the Scudetto and there's plenty of time to make a comeback for a CL spot. I'll wait one month worth of games and then decide about Allegri.

If we sacked him though, I'd really like MvB to replace him. I just don't know why but I feel he'll succeed.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Sep 16 2012, 04:17 PM
Post #7

QUOTE (Danny @ Sep 16 2012, 06:08 PM) *
That statement to me could actually mean he's not part of the discussion as we're getting rid as soon as possible.

No, Galliani actually meant that Allegri will not be sacked.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 16 2012, 05:13 PM
Post #8

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Zed.D @ Sep 16 2012, 04:13 PM) *
Not that we've not been crap, but this is a completely new team made up of mostly average players (our few decent players like Pato, Binho and Monto have spent more time on treatment table than on the pitch so far). I'd wait more than 3 games to sack the coach no matter what his decisions have been. look at Madrid, with all those quality superstars they've been a mess in the new season. I saw the first half of their game with Sevilla and they were utter crap. should Madrid sack Mouinho as well?

That said, there's a limit. we're not in the running for the Scudetto and there's plenty of time to make a comeback for a CL spot. I'll wait one month worth of games and then decide about Allegri.

If we sacked him though, I'd really like MvB to replace him. I just don't know why but I feel he'll succeed.

Even with those players missing, he still has a better team in his hands than the likes of Samp, Bologna and Atalanta. The fact here is that Allegri has always let personal grudges and dislikes get in the way of his team selection. Add to that the fact that he has no plan B what-so-ever to his rigid system. He wants to squeeze his selected 11 players into the 4-3-1-2.

Playing both Ambro and De Jong yesterday was the epitome of this very fact.

If he wanted both, than he should have switched it to a 4-2-3-1, not lumped both in flat 3 man midfield and pushing one of them wide.

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 16 2012, 04:17 PM) *
No, Galliani actually meant that Allegri will not be sacked.

This is the guy that said that Silva and Ibra would stay at Milan and then sold them a week later. Like I said, a compulsive liar. If we don't win the next 2 games coming up, Allegri's out

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Sep 16 2012, 08:27 PM
Post #9

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

He won't be out han2503. We never fire our coaches mid-season. They 'resign'. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

I think he will win this. The squad are probably really embarrassed about last night's performance and will surely want to pick up. I expect a 1-0 or a 2-0 win.

With Allegri one has to expect a really slow sh!tty start to the season and then hope that the other teams are not so far into the distance that we can catch up with them around January. It's been the same story for the past 3 seasons now.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Sep 17 2012, 01:56 PM
Post #10

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

Well, I'm pretty sure Tabarez and Terim were fired (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

@han - "Anderlecht" not "Anderlecth" (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 17 2012, 02:11 PM
Post #11

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 17 2012, 01:56 PM) *
Well, I'm pretty sure Tabarez and Terim were fired (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

@han - "Anderlecht" not "Anderlecth" (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

Lol, and what's even more emberassing is that I was looking at the uefa site to not get the spelling wrong on them (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blush.gif)

I'll fix it

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Sep 17 2012, 02:15 PM
Post #12

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

It happens, always and to everyone (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Sep 17 2012, 03:04 PM
Post #13

Prima Squadra

Member No.: 3,660

Maybe it's good someone else opens a thread, I am clearly not working. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Sep 17 2012, 03:06 PM
Post #14

After two atrocious defeats and a fluke win, I'm curious to see what changes Allegri will make. He seems to think it's only a psychological factor, but that's so much more to it. Starting from his own decisions.

+Quote Post

acid911
post Sep 17 2012, 03:06 PM
Post #15

Berretti

Member No.: 3,736

Well, this surely isn't as bad as when I put in 'Leece' instead of Lecce'. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blush.gif) I recall I was busy then, and wanted to quickly create the thread before the match. Oh, those were the times when I used to create match threads for Serie A matches, complete with stadium/player photos, past and current statistics as well as odds for that particular match.

Nov 7 2008, 04:24 AM never felt so far behind in the past

+Quote Post

15 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 12:53 AM