> Serie A - Week 2 - Parma - Milan, Date: 14/09/2014 Time: 20:45 CET

Danny
post Sep 15 2014, 03:41 PM
Post #286

Allievi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 6,730

QUOTE (acid911 @ Sep 15 2014, 02:11 PM) *
Will have to think really hard to name a better DM these days.

He's definitely top 5 on earth. Alonso is arguably up there, if you wish to class him as one, and I probably would. Busquets too. But De Jong is definitely the best in that slot in Serie A by quite a margin.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

acid911
post Sep 15 2014, 04:13 PM
Post #287

Berretti

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,736

QUOTE (Danny @ Sep 15 2014, 08:41 PM) *
He's definitely top 5 on earth. Alonso is arguably up there, if you wish to class him as one, and I probably would. Busquets too. But De Jong is definitely the best in that slot in Serie A by quite a margin.

Exactly, only a few contenders, all very close to each other up top. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/king.gif) De Jong wins the battle for playing like a champion every time, and playing in the toughest league in the world. My only concern is how long will be able to keep him in the Milan shirt.

If he stays another year or two, then he'll retire here. Or leave for one final stint in some rich league.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Sep 15 2014, 04:30 PM
Post #288

Prima Squadra

Member No.: 3,660

QUOTE (Danny @ Sep 15 2014, 11:57 AM) *
It was a foul. You're right. Problem is he dived after the foul finished. He fell on his own. That's called diving, X.

If you try to trip someone up, but they run for 2 strides then fall, that's a dive.

If you believe otherwise then you're just seeing what you want to see.

Yep. He cares if he knows how to sell it, a dive is a dive and the guy is a cheat. I wonder if we'll find no problems with it when it happens to us?

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 15 2014, 05:29 PM
Post #289

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Danny @ Sep 15 2014, 03:39 PM) *
I would reluctantly settle on De Jong if I had a gun to my head. But I feel like he thrives as part of the team and not as the leader of it. He's respected by all, but I'm not sure he'd feel the burden of captaincy to be a good thing. Look how it absolutely wrecked Montolivo - he couldn't cope with being captain of Milan and he'd already had experience of the role at Viola. De Jong hasn't even had THAT experience.

Nah, I just feel like there's no one stand out, just some weak candidates each of whom has a major flaw or two regarding the idea of being captain.

I think Monto was just off form last season, nothing to do with the armband imo. At first I thought it effected him negatively as well. But now looking back I just think he wasn't in the kind of condition that he was in during his first season with us. Some might call it a classic second season dip.

We'll see how he does when he returns, although I can't really see him holding down a regular spot this season since it takes major time to completely recover from a break and we have a lot more options in midfield this season as well

I'd still give it to Abate at this point

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 15 2014, 04:30 PM) *
Yep. He cares if he knows how to sell it, a dive is a dive and the guy is a cheat. I wonder if we'll find no problems with it when it happens to us?

We'd whine and get over it. Simply because everyone is a bit of a cheat in football, everyone dives and play acts. If we can gain from it, who cares, if we get burned by it, we complain and move on. Not like the first time it would have happened

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Sep 16 2014, 04:59 AM
Post #290

Smoking Bianco

Member No.: 191

QUOTE (acid911 @ Sep 15 2014, 06:11 PM) *
Will have to think really hard to name a better DM these days.

I cant relate to the new players, let alone identify a good DM.

But DJ is a solid player, he has impressed me since the first day in our shirt. Whatever he did in the past is history, what matters is today and today he is a mature, experienced and model professional. Someone who deserves to be singled out. But the captain's arm band should be sacred in these parts, Bonera and Abbiati are the rightful heirs of the arm band if you ask me.

But of course the coach makes his own assessments.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 16 2014, 08:33 AM
Post #291

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Sep 16 2014, 04:59 AM) *
I cant relate to the new players, let alone identify a good DM.

But DJ is a solid player, he has impressed me since the first day in our shirt. Whatever he did in the past is history, what matters is today and today he is a mature, experienced and model professional. Someone who deserves to be singled out. But the captain's arm band should be sacred in these parts, Bonera and Abbiati are the rightful heirs of the arm band if you ask me.

But of course the coach makes his own assessments.

It's sacred but you want to give it to Bonera or Abbiati? Bonera has been a perennial bench warmer in this team for as long as he's been with us, plus he's just one huge liability on the pitch, good behaviour doesn't or at least shouldn't automatically mean you get the armband, you need to have leadership qualities, you need to be an example for your team mates both on and off the pitch and you need to be able to be that voice on the pitch that either spurs your team mates on or calm things down when needed. Bonera is none of those things.

Abbiati on the other hand is far from an exemplary person, a self proclaimed fascist for me isn't an ideal captain.

For me atm, looking at our squad it has to be; Abate, De Jong and DS in that order

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Sep 16 2014, 09:51 PM
Post #292

Smoking Bianco

Member No.: 191

QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 16 2014, 11:33 AM) *
It's sacred but you want to give it to Bonera or Abbiati?

Yes and it is called my opinion (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

You don't rate them, I find that they are the few that I can relate to.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 16 2014, 10:07 PM
Post #293

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Sep 16 2014, 09:51 PM) *
Yes and it is called my opinion (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

You don't rate them, I find that they are the few that I can relate to.

You only feel that way because they've been here the longest and were (sort of) part of our more successful yesteryears. But aside from that, they've never been symbols of Milan or a definition of what we stand for.

I agree there's few players on our roster that I can relate to or really like as well, Abate and DS are surely that for me, same as De Jong.

+Quote Post

Jack Bauer
post Sep 16 2014, 10:25 PM
Post #294

Allievi Regionali B

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 6,705

QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 16 2014, 11:33 AM) *
It's sacred but you want to give it to Bonera or Abbiati? Bonera has been a perennial bench warmer in this team for as long as he's been with us, plus he's just one huge liability on the pitch, good behaviour doesn't or at least shouldn't automatically mean you get the armband, you need to have leadership qualities, you need to be an example for your team mates both on and off the pitch and you need to be able to be that voice on the pitch that either spurs your team mates on or calm things down when needed. Bonera is none of those things.

Abbiati on the other hand is far from an exemplary person, a self proclaimed fascist for me isn't an ideal captain.

For me atm, looking at our squad it has to be; Abate, De Jong and DS in that order

+1, especially the bolded part.

+Quote Post

20 Pages V  « < 18 19 20
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:25 PM