05/06 Bayern Munich
06/07 VfB Stuttgart
07/08 Bayern Munich
08/09 VfL Wolfsburg
09/10 Bayern Munich
10/11 Borussia Dortmund

Holders

Bundesliga: Borussia Dortmund

(IMG:http://www.ran.de/de/fussball/bundesliga/1105/Bilder/485/1c10f8449f79ad2af69ca5f7304bd3db61-hat-momentan-viel-grund-zum-lachen-juergen-klopp_485x364.jpg)

DFB-Pokal: Schalke 04

(IMG:http://www.augsburger-allgemeine.de/img/15168536-1306088521000/topTeaser_crop_Der-FC-Schalke-04-ist-DFB-Pokalsieger-2011.jpg)

European Entries

Champions League
Borussia Dortmund
Bayer Leverkusen
Bayern Munich

Europa League
Hannover 96
Mainz 05
Schalke 04

Promoted from 2.Bundesliga:
Hertha BSC
FC Augsburg

Bundesliga 2011/12 team list
FC Augsburg, Bayer Leverkusen, Bayern Munich, Borussia Dortmund, Borussia Mönchengladbach, SC Freiburg, Hamburg SV, Hannover 96l, Hertha BSC, 1899 Hoffenheim, 1. FC Kaiserslautern, 1. FC Köln, 1. FSV Mainz 05, 1. FC Nuremberg, Schalke 04, VfB Stuttgart, Werder Bremen, VfL Wolfsburg.

Top summer transfer: Manuel Neuer (from Schalke to Bayern, 18 million Euro)

Random facts:

Reigning player of the year: Arjen Robben (27 yo, Bayern Munich)
Reigning top scorer: Mario Gomez (25 yo, 28 goals)
Top scorer (all time): Gerd Müller (365 goals, Bayern Munich)
Most appearances: Karl-Heinz Körbel (602 games, Eintracht Frankfurt)
Youngest player to play: Nuri Sahin (16 years, 335 days; Borussia Dortmund)
Oldest player to play: Klaus Fichtel (43 years; Schalke 04)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Kazdoodle
post Jun 17 2011, 12:52 PM
Post #2

Esordienti B 96

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 9,154

Never thought i would see hertha berlin again. Nice to see them back hope they have a better season than the season they got relegated from

+Quote Post

LaPalma
post Jun 17 2011, 01:30 PM
Post #3

Insert cool title here<--
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,792

Don't particularly like Hertha. When I go to see a game here I usually like to see Union in the 2nd Bundesliga. Great stadium, great fans, great atmosphere. I will though, go to the Olympic stadium in July when Real Madrid is in town to play against Hertha in a friendly. They payed 1,5 million for that match, so I hope for Hertha, that it's going to be a decent game.

+Quote Post

Milan Are Brilli...
post Jun 17 2011, 04:20 PM
Post #4

Berretti
Group Icon

Member No.: 90

QUOTE (LaPalma @ Jun 17 2011, 01:30 PM) *
They payed 1,5 million for that match, so I hope for Hertha, that it's going to be a decent game.

In Euro's? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

Hope for their sake Madrid take some of the stars over to play.

+Quote Post

LaPalma
post Jun 17 2011, 07:57 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

In Euros. Madrid always make a nice profit with their summer friendlies. But Hertha will make some profit as well I think. Sponsors like the Deutsche Bahn paid more than 50% of that sum. And lots of people will watch that match (it's already sold out I guess). So, 70.000 times 15...

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Jun 17 2011, 08:55 PM
Post #6

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

QUOTE (Milan Are Brilliant @ Jun 17 2011, 05:20 PM) *
In Euro's? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

Hope for their sake Madrid take some of the stars over to play.

Yep, it's a trend. Hajduk of Split in Croatia played the same amount to bring Barcelona for a summer friendly.

+Quote Post

LaPalma
post Jun 18 2011, 10:04 AM
Post #7

Group Icon

Michael ballack is officialy no longer a member of the NT. Löw announced it on thursday. Really weak move by him. Everyone knew right after the WC that he was only waiting for an opportunity to axe Ballack and now he did it, right after the season, just before his vacation, hoping no one would care. Now, Löw has done a great job as coach of our NT, but as a person I can't respect him. Without Ballack the 2000s would have been an even bigger catastrophe for Germany. he should have given him more credit. Löw offered Ballack the friendly against Brazil next fall as farewell. Ballack declined and rightfully so. A man being our most important player for the last decade playing his farewell at a game which was already scheduled last year? Come on...

+Quote Post

acid911
post Jun 18 2011, 10:22 AM
Post #8

Berretti

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,736

Agreed, LaPalma. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) I really dislike coaches who think they are the total authority as long as they are in charge of a team. With such power comes a tons of responsibility, who to play, for how long, how to manage the egos and what not. Ballack may officially no longer be a member of the NT, but unofficially he is perhaps the unluckiest guy I have seen in world football right now.

He has had it hard for quite a while now, all the way from missing the 2002 World Cup final, to injuries at key moments, getting robbed in the CL. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sleep.gif) The guy sure had a burning desire to win a lot, and none of it came to be.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Jun 18 2011, 10:36 AM
Post #9

Primavera
Group Icon

I agree, but to an instant.

Isn't Ballack also partially to blame? I think the team also had a renaissance with him not playing in the WC? Correct me if I'm wrong but Ballack is in many ways not an easy person and his effect on the team also isn't just positive. I think Löw is just following the general feel of the team. Also, the German strategy isn't suitable for a injury prone and shabby, slow Ballack. The renaissance happened - partially - because of a fast midfield. Ballack would just slow down things.

Also, there is this Looserkusen mentality. I don't buy into that cr@p, but some people are convinced that once Ballack is out for good, Germany will have better chances in wining actually a final or silverware. You gotta admit, the mans record when it comes to lost titles and finals is almost unbelievable.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Jun 18 2011, 11:24 AM
Post #10

Prima Squadra

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,660

I just think it's stupid to say you won't pick someone - like Capello's decision with Beckham. What if he scores 20 league goals and they win the league next season because of his performances, is he still not going to call him up? If he's not good enough, don't call him up. But to say you're never going to call someone up for no reason it just makes you seem biased against that person and a total ****.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Jun 19 2011, 08:10 PM
Post #11

Primavera
Group Icon

So, what do you guys think of Heynckens, the new Bayern coach? I'm a bit ambivalent. I got fond of van Gaal. I did rate Heynckens but I consider this to be a step back - he's an old coach who not so long ago was their interim coach. I'm really not sure if he's up to the test, the last time he was coaching such a big club was at Real Madrid, and that was long ago...

+Quote Post

CHU-LIP
post Jun 19 2011, 08:23 PM
Post #12

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 7,230

To be honest, even though I rate Van Gaal too, he was far from the perfect coach for Bayern. Them seperating was inevitable. Heynckes is a good coach in my opinion, so I find it a good decision by Bayern.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Jun 19 2011, 08:48 PM
Post #13

Primavera
Group Icon

Good coach, that's sure. But is he still top?

+Quote Post

LaPalma
post Jun 20 2011, 10:22 AM
Post #14

Group Icon

I think Heynckes is better than he ever was. He's much more calm, than in his early days. And although he might already be 65 he's still young at heart. Leverkusen played some great football last season and at Bayern with Robben, Ribery, Müller, Schweinsteiger AND Neuer I'm sure Heynckes won't have a problem reclaiming the top spot. And, also very important, he's a very good friends with Uli Hoeneß much unlike van Gaal. And being Ulis friend surely helps a lot.

I wonder how Dortmund will do. With Sahin they lost their most important player to Real Madrid. And what about all the young player like Götze, Großkreutz, Hummels etc. Will they be on top of their game after this very impressing season? For me Dortmund is the only club able to challenge Bayern next year, besides Leverkusen maybe. But then...it's Leverkusen.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Jun 20 2011, 11:31 AM
Post #15

Primavera
Group Icon

Well, here's the thing for me:

1) When it comes to Bayern, they still have a very flawed defense. If they even sign Arturo Vidal, they'll have to bring in also another CB as well. Breno sucks, while van Buyten stopped being good long time ago. Badstuber isn't bad, but not good enough, same goes for Contento. They'd need someone from abroad, someone reliable.

Heynckes is a question mark for me, but I get where your optimism is coming from. It may result in something good, the whole story about his appointment. We'll see.

2) Dortmund is a big question mark too for me. They've got Kagawa back (who was instrumental for the first few weeks) and they've signed Perišić who's supposedly very good and talented, even if I watched him a few times and he was awful in every occasion. I think they need one more signing to make up for Sahin's departure. Who? I'm not sure.

3) I don't think Leverkusen can hold on to their previous results. I'd say Schalke or a reformed HSV, even Wolfsburg - all of them have more chances in becoming dangerous to Bayern. Also, I'm very keen to see Gladbach and Stuttgart trying to start a better season then the last one.

+Quote Post

9 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 10:16 AM