Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HAS MOURINHO FAILED REAL MADRID SO FAR?

littlechris
post May 23 2011, 10:44 AM
Post #1

Pulcini Provinciali 98

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 1,747

HAS MOURINHO FAILED REAL MADRID SO FAR?
Much is expected of Jose Mourinho from the Madrid fatefuls when he was announced officially last summer as the team coach.
Last summer Jose Mourinho took the helm of affair at the Santiago Bernabau stadium after guiding Inter Milan FC of Italy to a historic treble. But same cannot be said of the former Chelsea boss this season after falling behind to Barcelona FC in the La Liga table and suffered an embarrassing 5-0 defeat in the hand of their arch rival the Catalonian at the Nou camp and losing the champions’ league semi-final berth to the same team.
Even as the Galaticos won the Copa de Laray under the tutelage of the special one for the first time in 18 years, the style and tactical approach of the Portuguese did not meet the attractive football that the Madrid fans have been craving for. When you have players that is full of flair like Cristiano Ronaldo, Kaka, Segio Ramos, Mesut ozeil to mention but few I think it’s only normal for fans to look forward to a good display of soccer artistry from your team.
Apart from the reasons mentioned above, Mourinho is well known for causing controversies and having row with referees and other officials, and that attitude has not changed since moving to Madrid. This has made UEFA sanctioned him at least on two occasion this season, he was sanction for deliberately instructing two of his players Sergio Ramos and Xabi Alonso to act dirty in order to receive the matching order from the referee, for them to enter the last sixteen without any record of booking. Lastly during the semi-final first leg at the Santiago Bernabau he was sent to the stand for mocking officials after Pepe was sent off controversially for reckless tackle on Sergio Bousquet of Barcelona which eventually open up more space for the Pep Guardiola men to operate. The advantage gave Lionel Messi the chance to score double in the last 10 minutes of the match.

Shameless plug removed.
Chris Okunnuwa.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

han2503
post May 23 2011, 11:01 AM
Post #2

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

Topic moved

+Quote Post

Milan Are Brilli...
post May 23 2011, 11:07 AM
Post #3

Berretti
Group Icon

Member No.: 90

I've also edited it. Why post it on our forum if you want people to go and talk about it elsewhere? Oh and just for future reference:

(IMG:http://i54.tinypic.com/14shbf6.jpg)

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post May 23 2011, 11:17 AM
Post #4

Prima Squadra

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,660

Definite fail.

One of the highest points tallies in the clubs history with a Cup win over Barca and a CL SF appearance. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

+Quote Post

han2503
post May 23 2011, 11:48 AM
Post #5

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ May 23 2011, 10:17 AM) *
Definite fail.

One of the highest points tallies in the clubs history with a Cup win over Barca and a CL SF appearance. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

He still didn't reall achieve what he was hired to do (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

For the sake of Real though, I hope they give him a chance for next season, they can't do better then Mou in my oppinion, so they can only improve under him but changing him would further put back the team

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post May 23 2011, 11:49 AM
Post #6

Prima Squadra

Member No.: 3,660

Yep, same as Chelsea really. Can't go around sacking coaches after 1 or 2 years, you won't sustain success.

+Quote Post

han2503
post May 23 2011, 11:52 AM
Post #7

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ May 23 2011, 10:49 AM) *
Yep, same as Chelsea really. Can't go around sacking coaches after 1 or 2 years, you won't sustain success.

Agreed. Chelsea made a mistake in sacking Carlo imo. No continuaty, no success, Roman spiralling into a further pit of dispare (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post

Milan Are Brilli...
post May 23 2011, 01:12 PM
Post #8

Berretti
Group Icon

Member No.: 90

QUOTE (han2503 @ May 23 2011, 11:52 AM) *
Agreed. Chelsea made a mistake in sacking Carlo imo. No continuaty, no success, Roman spiralling into a further pit of dispare (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Don't get the sacking either, really don't.

Who now - Hiddink again?

+Quote Post

acid911
post May 23 2011, 01:57 PM
Post #9

Berretti

Member No.: 3,736

QUOTE (Milan Are Brilliant @ May 23 2011, 05:12 PM) *
Who now - Hiddink again?

Louis van Gaal me reckon. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) Then again, that guy likes to be the biggest fish in the swamp, how he gets along with the Chelsea player could be a story on its own. Unless they decide to clean house first and Roman opens up the wallet again for a new generation. But it it works, Louie can get them the gold, that's for sure!

+Quote Post

Jack Bauer
post May 23 2011, 08:18 PM
Post #10

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 6,705

Spanish cup in Spain is as important as coppa in Italy. There's a reason why Madrid haven't won it for so long - they usually play there with weak line ups. This time it was important because a chance to beat Barca in the final. But it's still just a consolation trophy.
Overall, it's definitely not a successful season for them since the main goal was to stop Barca's hegemony in the league and win the CL.
But Madrid fans can be optimistic, Mou's second season usually better than the first.

+Quote Post

han2503
post May 23 2011, 09:09 PM
Post #11

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Jack Bauer @ May 23 2011, 07:18 PM) *
Spanish cup in Spain is as important as coppa in Italy. There's a reason why Madrid haven't won it for so long - they usually play there with weak line ups. This time it was important because a chance to beat Barca in the final. But it's still just a consolation trophy.
Overall, it's definitely not a successful season for them since the main goal was to stop Barca's hegemony in the league and win the CL.
But Madrid fans can be optimistic, Mou's second season usually better than the first.

Yep, that's why they shoved the thing under the bus (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post May 25 2011, 11:45 AM
Post #12

Primavera

Member No.: 1,265

I think their season has been a success! and they're getting scarily strong which is why I'm hoping for Mourinho to go back to England (because as a Milan fan I don't want to seem them wining their 10th CL before us!). remember he needed 2 season to do it with Inter. I think next season Real will go far.

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post May 25 2011, 12:53 PM
Post #13

Smoking Bianco

Member No.: 191

I think Madrid's only drawback is that they play in a league with Barca ... I don't think his specialness is able to turn the tide next season or the one after, unless something changes within the Barca camp.

As things stand, Madrid is one hell of a team with a squad that is capable of pinning any team back ... Again Barca are the supreme protagonists in Spain and Europe.

+Quote Post

Bluesummers
post May 25 2011, 11:16 PM
Post #14

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 1,660

yes. He didn't win la liga or champions league. Madrid fans consider that a failure.

+Quote Post

Dracoris
post May 26 2011, 05:23 AM
Post #15

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,716

Compared to recent past Madrid seasons, it was a success. Compared to the success of Barca, it was a failure.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 01:05 PM