Portman
post Jul 28 2007, 07:23 PM
Post #1

Berretti

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 347

MILAN SOUL ABOVE EVERYTHING

7/28/2007 7:07:00 PM

Ahead of the first friendly of the season, the coach anticipated the formation and said that what makes Milan strong most of all is its soul.

MILANELLO - Here are the themes discussed by Carlo Ancelotti in today's press conference held at the Rossoneri's sporting center:

Tomorrow at Lecco against the local team, Milan will be playing their first friendly of the season. What kind of Milan will it be? "We have to expect normal things, we are at the end of the first week of training, we now have a friendly that closes off this week, which has been positive. We're not expecting anything particular, the team knows its mechanisms, we are only aiming to improve our condition. From this point of view, it's been a good week, there haven't been any mishaps, all the players have worked and prepared well."

Concerning to possible formation for tomorrow: "We will put out two mixed teams. In the first half we should have: Dida, Cafù, Bonera, Kaladze, Serginho, Gattuso, Brocchi, Gourcuff, Kakà, Seedorf and Ronaldo".

Is Pippo Inzaghi unavailable? "I don't know but he has had some problems: I'm not yet sure whether he will play."

What are Milan looking for compared to last year? "We are looking to be more consistent. Last year we had an inconsistent start due to several factors. This year however we have the possibility and also the opportunity to start off better".

Then on the transfer campaign: "The team is already strong as it is now. Either a new player comes who can make a difference or we will keep with the current group of players who have given us ample guarantees regarding their reliability. We are talking about top-level players and those who have them, keep them: that's normal. As far as we're concerned, again, at the risk of becoming boring I say: if there is a good opportunity then we will buy someone otherwise we will keep this team which has won the Champions League."

On Pato: "He's a player with a great future, but not someone we interested right now."

How did he see Ronaldo: "Just like the others, he worked consistently, he was very available, and spent a lot of energy. This week has been very good for him, especially for the future."

As far as Gilardino is concerned, who will not be there against Lecco tomorrow: "Gilardino is working on his own, he is recovering from his meniscus operation, I think that within three to four days he could join the rest of the team."

On the team's general conditions: "The players all arrived well prepared, one more than the other, they worked during the vacations and generally they are in good shape. We have been able to do some intense work."

Will Kaká be playing often as a striker? "We'll have the opportunity to play in both ways. The system we use now gives us security, which gives us guarantees for the top-level matches."

For Ancelotti, is Baptista a striker or a midfielder? "He's a good player, he can play in both roles. His origins are as midfielder."

On Maldini: "On 30 July he will unite with the team. Halfway through September he should be ready to play".

How much have Inter reinforced? "Only the pitch will say that, Inter have got great players, they had them last year even without Chivu and Suazo. They can't play with more than eleven men: only results on the pitch will say how much they have improved with these signings."

Again on the transfer campaign: "It always remains to be seen whether the players you buy are useful to the team. Every team has made some moves because it seemed necessary and useful to them, but it's always a question how useful a transfer campaign is."

Regarding Milan's interest for Riquelme: "No, it doesn't exist, it came out like this, I don't know how come."

Then again on the market: "There is time until 31 August and then there is also the January transfer window. A great player could come in January, it isn't certain he has to come now. The Milan fan should believe in the strength of this team which is not bound to the players we buy but to the team's soul, this should give them serenity."

Again on Pato: "Eventually he would come only in January."

On Kaká and what has been a recurring story this summer, the coach was ironic: "He's very tired, he's completely confused about all these rumours: he doesn't sleep, he doesn't eat... he's a destroyed man!"
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Portman
post Jul 28 2007, 07:26 PM
Post #2

Berretti

Member No.: 347

Didn't like the way the talked about Baptista.

So much noise about the Mister X and it could be Baptista? I mean... I like him, he's a good player that can play in many positions but still... (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

Bah.

+Quote Post

dst
post Jul 28 2007, 08:42 PM
Post #3

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 911

Baptista... (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/cry.gif) Please God, don't let this happen!!!

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Jul 28 2007, 09:54 PM
Post #4

Primavera

Member No.: 1,265

It's Baptista! just look at how he rules out Riquelme but gives an interesting opinion on Bap!

Oh god... I hope Baptista do a Suazo to us!!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 04:48 PM