post Jun 20 2007, 02:24 PM
Post #1

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 911

Fiorentina make Gila bid
Wednesday 20 June, 2007

Fiorentina have reportedly made a £10m offer for Milan’s Alberto Gilardino – even if the striker would seemingly favour a switch to Juventus.

The World Cup winner has been linked with a summer exit after insisting recently that he didn’t feel the full faith of the club.

Although the two parties then ironed out their differences during crunch talks, the arrival of David Suazo may prove to be the final straw for Gilardino.

As a result, Fiorentina have allegedly made a £10m offer for the Italian international at the request of Coach Cesare Prandelli.

The tactician was in charge at Parma when the former Verona youngster exploded on to the Serie A scene with goals galore.

Prandelli rates Gila as one of the best attackers in Italy and the Della Valle family, who own the club, are ready to offer him a four-year contract worth £2.2m per season.

However, Milan would want closer to £17m for the hitman and the player himself is keener on joining Juventus should he move on.

The Bianconeri have been linked with the Rossonero for a while and Claudio Ranieri would be happy to welcome the player to the Stadio Olimpico – especially if David Trezeguet moves on.

It’s understood that Juventus and Milan will meet next week to discuss a possible move for the former Under-21 international.

channel4

That offer would never be expected! No offer should be actually... I want him to stay!

This post has been edited by dst: Jun 20 2007, 02:42 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Jun 20 2007, 02:31 PM
Post #2

Token Girl
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,800

Hm. Could we have Montolivo + Pazzini in exchange?

+Quote Post

dst
post Jun 20 2007, 02:46 PM
Post #3

Primavera
Group Icon

That would make me have a second though on this! (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post

whoarethepatriot...
post Jun 20 2007, 03:51 PM
Post #4

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 782

QUOTE (Tennie @ Jun 20 2007, 01:31 PM)

Im not interested in any of those till Inzaghi retires, and Pirlo gets old

Fine players nontheless

+Quote Post

dst
post Jun 20 2007, 04:22 PM
Post #5

Primavera
Group Icon

Juve’s Gila interest confirmed
Wednesday 20 June, 2007
Alberto Gilardino’s agent has confirmed that the Milan man is a transfer target for Serie B champions Juventus.

The Italian international’s future at the San Siro is in doubt and the Old Lady are monitoring his situation.

“Juventus are interested in the player and have made this clear,” representative Beppe Bonetto noted on Wednesday.

“However, there are some obstacles to the move which are represented by Gilardino’s [£17m] price tag and David Trezeguet’s future.

“These are not easy problems to solve and that is why I prefer to remain cautious at this moment in time.

“The solution preferred by the Rossoneri and which Gilardino agrees to is for him to remain here in Milan.

“The transfer window closes on August 30. Today he is a Milan player, but you never know what might happen seeing as the market can be unpredictable.”

Fiorentina are also keen on netting the former Parma youngster and have reportedly already made a £10m offer, but Bonetto doubts a Tuscan future looms for his client.

“The Viola don’t seem to have plans to sign players of the calibre of Gilardino,” continued the agent.

“But I also want to underline that it is untrue that [Milan Vice-President] Adriano Galliani has included Gilardino in a number of transfer negotiations.”

channel4

Wow! This is getting more and more serious!

Of course he doesn't want to leave now... Giuve have no Champions League football and nobody can guarantee him they will come 08/09! He will stay for sure!

I think he'll never leave to be honest unless he fails completely.

I'm not interested in any of those till Inzaghi retires, and Pirlo gets old

Fine players nontheless

When that happens they might not be available... but I'm not worried, our board never rushed to bring the future to Milan... it always came the other way round! (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

This post has been edited by dst: Jun 20 2007, 04:29 PM

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Jun 20 2007, 08:53 PM
Post #6

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

QUOTE (Tennie @ Jun 20 2007, 02:31 PM)

Is Pazzini really that good? I mean, his recored...15 goals in three years (65 apps.)...?

+Quote Post

Portman
post Jun 20 2007, 09:13 PM
Post #7

Berretti

Member No.: 347

If this means 10R is coming then...

Ronaldo + Suazo + Ronaldinho + Inzaghi. *g* (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif) (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif) (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif)

But I doubt Gilardino will leave.

+Quote Post

KillerMax
post Jun 20 2007, 09:21 PM
Post #8

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 1,388

QUOTE (Porty @ Jun 20 2007, 02:13 PM)

That's what I was thinking as well. Only negative would be -1 Italian +1 Brazilian which is not something I like to see.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Jun 20 2007, 10:17 PM
Post #9

Prima Squadra

Member No.: 3,660

Wow, I've just read this,

Gila is too valuable and worth a hell of alot more than £10m.

Hopefully this is just rumour and nothing materialises from it.

+Quote Post

sansiro1708
post Jun 21 2007, 01:32 AM
Post #10

Esordienti B 96

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,321

if we go for a gila for pazzini trade to me its a done deal . maybe they can give us like some agreement to sign montolivo in a couple of years. but i doubt galliani doing that.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Jun 21 2007, 02:51 AM
Post #11

Prima Squadra

If there was some sort of deal involving Pazzini and Gila I would expect something more like this:

Gila = Pazzini + £7m-£10m. £10m on it's own is a joke.

Yes, Pazzini is a great prospect, but isn't a great goalscorer, and isn't really proven in Serie A.

Gila, on the other hand, is a proven International and Serie A goal scorer, with him still only being 24, he still can become a real star.

This post has been edited by kurtsimonw: Jun 21 2007, 02:54 AM

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Jun 21 2007, 02:51 AM
Post #12

Smoking Bianco

Member No.: 191

The morning newspaper !!!!

Sport section: Juventus's Ranieri wants Alberto Gilardino.

That wa sthe headline in the sports section .. It talked about how Ranieri sees Gila as the best striker on the market to take Trezeguet's place.

I am starting to suspect that his days in Milan are numbered. Who knows .. I wouldn't mind him leaving, infact more playing time for Pippo (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/devilsmiley.gif)

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Jun 21 2007, 02:56 AM
Post #13

Prima Squadra

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jun 21 2007, 01:51 AM)
The morning newspaper !!!!

Sport section: Juventus's Ranieri wants Alberto Gilardino.
That wa sthe headline in the sports section .. It talked about how Ranieri sees Gila as the best striker on the market to take Trezeguet's place.

I am starting to suspect that his days in Milan are numbered. Who knows .. I wouldn't mind him leaving, infact more playing time for Pippo (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/devilsmiley.gif)

That'd be like replacing Gila with Suazo. I'm sure my dog would have more sense than to do that, no offense to my dog or anything. (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Jun 21 2007, 03:02 AM
Post #14

Token Girl
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,800

Gilardino's agent has apparently made noises about Gilardino being a Milan player FOR NOW, but admitting that other clubs have shown their interest.

I dunno if he's likely to leave or not. It isn't like he didn't play a lot of minutes last year....

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Jun 21 2007, 03:10 AM
Post #15

Smoking Bianco

Member No.: 191

Sell him for 24M and get R10 (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 08:31 AM