> Summer Transfers 2011

Rossoneri7
post Feb 3 2011, 12:19 PM
Post #16

Smoking Bianco

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 191

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Feb 3 2011, 01:19 PM) *
Yes, he has an already competitive team in his hands, but not competitive enough to challenge big names for the Champions League. Our priority this season is the Scudetto, but next year we must make a wink at the Champions League as well. And to do that, we need some quality reinforcements, especially in defense.

To challenge for the CL trophy you need a coach of that caliber as well ... I don't see Allegri winning it for Milan, of course that doesn't mean Milan should reinforce in the summer .. It's just that I find our chances to land an 8th CL trophy being very weak.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Feb 3 2011, 12:39 PM
Post #17

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Feb 3 2011, 01:19 PM) *
To challenge for the CL trophy you need a coach of that caliber as well ... I don't see Allegri winning it for Milan, of course that doesn't mean Milan should reinforce in the summer .. It's just that I find our chances to land an 8th CL trophy being very weak.

I completely agree with you there. Allegri just doesn't convince me on the big scene. I think he still has that small-club mentality, which is clearly reflected in our game. But you never know, with the right set of players, even a rookie manager could overachieve.

We've been lacking proper fullbacks since 2007, when Oddo and Jankulovski were at their top. We've also been lacking a quality trequartista since Kaka' left. Personally, I think these absences have highly influenced our game in recent years. Just look at Inter last season. Two of their main strengths resided in Maicon and Sneijder.

+Quote Post

pacang
post Feb 3 2011, 12:44 PM
Post #18

Esordienti B 96

Member No.: 2,171

QUOTE (William405 @ Feb 3 2011, 05:41 AM) *
Yeah,exactly.I really hope that Ganso's story is true,I won't celebrate his signing until it's 100percent done deal,no letdowns ;p .

100% agreed.. there's a part in "the damned united" movie which says when a transfer is completed 99%, it could mean the player hasn't signed yet.. but, maybe it's just in the movie..

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Feb 3 2011, 12:54 PM
Post #19

Smoking Bianco

Yeah, the issue of Milan's fullbacks has been in circulation since Cafu and Serginho left, now we have made an acquisition in Didac Vila and I don't trust those youtube clips so until I see him for a whole 90 mins, I'll remain inline with the crowd who claims we have a fullback problem.

On the other hand, I would also like to point at the issue of our formation not being dependent on a triquartista anymore .. We play with a 4-3-3, where the front three are all pure strikers in essence, and as we have observed they work very well at creating chances for themselves .. Hence I am comfortable in the fact that we dont have a pure triquartista anymore. If we end up getting one, all the better, but it is not a pressing issue IMO as a fullback would be.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Feb 3 2011, 01:04 PM
Post #20

Our playing system is a huge issue IMO. We can't play a 4-3-3 because we simply lack the necessary assets. Robinho is the only winger we have. Pato is not a winger, neither is Cassano nor Boateng. Our playing system is 4-3-1-2, with Robinho behind the strikers. However, that is not a solution, because 1) Robinho tends to go wide and thus leave a hole in the center, which in turns affects Pato's positioning, who goes wide as well, instead of playing as a pure striker; 2) Robinho does not have the quality of making assists to the forwards like Rui Costa, Kaka' or Seedorf do.

Thus, our game, at the moment, is a big clusterfuck. This could be solved only by signing a quality trequartista that would allow us to play the 4-3-1-2 system effectively and efficiently.

+Quote Post

acid911
post Feb 3 2011, 01:24 PM
Post #21

Berretti

Member No.: 3,736

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Feb 3 2011, 05:04 PM) *
Robinho does not have the quality of making assists to the forwards like Rui Costa, Kaka' or Seedorf did.

Fixed. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) For all intent and purposes, Seedorf only has one assist all season, the one he made to Ibra (probably) in one of the first few matches. The guy can be a sub for a little while longer, but we probably have the worst #10 in all the top clubs right now. Even last season the guy was comparatively better.

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Feb 3 2011, 05:04 PM) *
Thus, our game, at the moment, is a big clusterfuck. This could be solved only by signing a quality trequartista that would allow us to play the 4-3-1-2 system effectively and efficiently.

Agreed. Hence more the reason to buy Ganso (or someone else that is top quality). (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) Can't wait for the summer transfer window, I sense at least two players coming, and a bunch from the current squad leaving.

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Feb 3 2011, 03:58 PM
Post #22

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,865

Zee has 5 assists this season. Stats

6th in the Serie A list. And at par with Krasic who a lot of people were drooling over in this forum.

It's just the fact that we remember Zee at his imperious best and compare him to now. If Zee had performed like Pastore did for Palermo in the match before the last....he'd be getting his heart chewed out.

But to get old in football it seems is to condemn yourself by default to being considered mediocrity.

+Quote Post

acid911
post Feb 3 2011, 04:10 PM
Post #23

Berretti

Member No.: 3,736

True. It's a pity he got injured, at the wrong time then. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sleep.gif) Would have been good to see how he slotted in behind Ibra and friends and tried creating chances (particularly with Pirlo out too). Fact is that I still remember his peak from the late 90s to say our 2007 CL adventure. The last few years have been a big downer from those heights, and the major part of it has got to do with his laziness - the intelligence is still there it seems.

I still haven't forgiven him for not covering the space for Madrid's second goal at San Siro, though. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) He wasn't directly at fault for the last-minute goal, but a bit more application from him could have prevented that goal. Would have been a hell of a victory after going 1 down.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Feb 3 2011, 05:51 PM
Post #24

Laziness? He's always had it. It's more the fact that he'll be 35 in two months. That is too much for a trequartista. Even Zidane hung his boots at 33. Seedorf's contract expires in June. I swear, if Galliani decides to renew it, he'll be making the biggest mistake of his life!!!

(Alright, the last bit was an exaggeration, but you get the point. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) )

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Feb 3 2011, 08:59 PM
Post #25

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Feb 3 2011, 05:51 PM) *
Laziness? He's always had it. It's more the fact that he'll be 35 in two months. That is too much for a trequartista. Even Zidane hung his boots at 33. Seedorf's contract expires in June. I swear, if Galliani decides to renew it, he'll be making the biggest mistake of his life!!!

(Alright, the last bit was an exaggeration, but you get the point. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) )

What, that you started to exaggerate things and now you can't let go of it? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

Anway, 'always' is a very very subjective term. I remember a very busy and hard working Seedorf at Real, even Inter.

I'd renew with him, clearly he adds up more to the team then showed on pitch. Same goes for a bunch of players, while some should leave. But it's up to the board and themselves to deal with it.

It's just the fact that we remember Zee at his imperious best and compare him to now. If Zee had performed like Pastore did for Palermo in the match before the last....he'd be getting his heart chewed out.

But to get old in football it seems is to condemn yourself by default to being considered mediocrity.

Exactly. It's only when you retire some people realize what's gone and lost for ever.

+Quote Post

dst
post Feb 4 2011, 01:07 AM
Post #26

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 911

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Feb 3 2011, 04:58 PM) *

6th in the Serie A list. And at par with Krasic who a lot of people were drooling over in this forum.

Stats... really? Do you watch the games? Sure he's made 5 assists... probably did not do anything else in those matches. You can't afford that as a team in my view.

I don't blame him... had I won what he was won I'd probably not even warm up... playing against Bari... he's played more CL finals than he's played Bari... he can't start matches, not Series A matches anyway.

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Feb 4 2011, 03:33 PM
Post #27

Primavera

Member No.: 1,265

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Feb 3 2011, 06:28 PM) *

Since when stats matter? he's capable of much more than that. just like you say Pato is capable of much more than 8 goals in 10 starts. you know... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

Everyone's biased towards their own favorite players, I guess.

+Quote Post

dst
post Feb 4 2011, 03:35 PM
Post #28

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 911

except for me because my favorite player is actually a God

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Feb 4 2011, 03:39 PM
Post #29

Prima Squadra

Member No.: 3,660

Who is that then?

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Feb 4 2011, 03:49 PM
Post #30

Smoking Bianco

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Feb 4 2011, 05:39 PM) *
Who is that then?

The other Paul McGrath (IMG:style_emoticons/default/96.gif)

+Quote Post

311 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 10:56 PM