> Milan-Genoa -- 28.01.09, Giornata 20

novfan
post Jan 27 2009, 12:52 AM
Post #16

Esordienti B 96

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 1,205

QUOTE (Zed.D @ Jan 26 2009, 11:58 PM) *
Why isn't Flamini getting any chance anymore? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

Why isn't Sheva getting any chance anymore? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

MizNelson
post Jan 27 2009, 01:50 AM
Post #17

Dida per sempre

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 3,563

QUOTE (novfan @ Jan 26 2009, 03:52 PM) *
Why isn't Sheva getting any chance anymore? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

I lost a good amount of respect for Shev after the way in which he left the club, but now I'm starting to feel a twinge of pity for him because Carlo now has him Krazy Glued to the bench simply due to personal reasons that were around well before he left.

I'm no conspiracy theorist, but it could also be why Shev was yanked from the friendly at halftime, which was idiotic in itself.

+Quote Post

Bluesummers
post Jan 27 2009, 04:21 AM
Post #18

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 1,660

Playing senderos would be a bad idea against this team. Milito needs someone like maldini on him constantly and someone smart like favalli to back him up. If we had bonera it would have been better.

Ronaldinho and flamini should get some time in this one. I wouldn't start seedorf over dinho but who knows maybe the dutch master can pull of two games in a row in one week but i doubt it. I think he'll be slow.

Abbiati
Zambro-Favalli-paolo-janku

david-pirlo-ambro
kaka-dinho-
schoolkid

prediction 3-1 milan

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Jan 27 2009, 04:25 AM
Post #19

Token Girl
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 2,800

Note: the weekend game is away to Lazio. So it may be a matter of who to play against Genoa and who to play against Lazio. I'm not sure who I'd rest for which one.

As for defenders, apparently Bonera will be available for selection for Sunday.

Fishdoll agrees with Blue (gosh, do I have to use the scared smiley?) regarding the centerback pairing.

+Quote Post

Ry4n
post Jan 27 2009, 06:25 AM
Post #20

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 932

QUOTE (Tennie @ Jan 27 2009, 03:25 AM) *
Note: the weekend game is away to Lazio. So it may be a matter of who to play against Genoa and who to play against Lazio. I'm not sure who I'd rest for which one.

As for defenders, apparently Bonera will be available for selection for Sunday.

Fishdoll agrees with Blue (gosh, do I have to use the scared smiley?) regarding the centerback pairing.

Ive missed Bonera !! cheers for the info Tennie (IMG:style_emoticons/default/king.gif)

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jan 27 2009, 07:03 AM
Post #21

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

Maybe Carlo should look into resting Kaka for this one. it's a midweek game and players who have been playing non-stop since the restart would need a rest.

Personally I think starting with this formation would be better for us in the long run, ie, not having players burned out by the end of the week

Zambro--Favalli--Maldini--Janku
Flamini--Beckham--Seedorf
Dinho
Sheva--Pato

Obviously it's not going to happen but it doesn't hurt to hope...

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Jan 27 2009, 07:44 AM
Post #22

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

I'd have Pippo start this one...Pato's been playing a lot too. But then again he's a striker on a streak, so best to let him be.

Otherwise, han's formation looks nice. I'd play Pirlo though, instead of Zee. Pirlo's also been starting to find some mojo, and might be a good option.

I know Senderos is a big risk, but I'd rather he play Genoa to get some continuity. (Yes Genoa are 4th but...)

Zambro--Senderos--Paolo--Janku
Becks--Andy--Matt
Dinho
Sheva/Pippo--Pato/Sheva

+Quote Post

TriniKing_CE
post Jan 27 2009, 08:50 AM
Post #23

CrAzY EyeS

Member No.: 3,723

QUOTE (han2503 @ Jan 27 2009, 02:03 AM) *
Maybe Carlo should look into resting Kaka for this one. it's a midweek game and players who have been playing non-stop since the restart would need a rest.

Personally I think starting with this formation would be better for us in the long run, ie, not having players burned out by the end of the week

Zambro--Favalli--Maldini--Janku
Flamini--Beckham--Seedorf
Dinho
Sheva--Pato

Obviously it's not going to happen but it doesn't hurt to hope...

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jan 27 2009, 02:44 AM) *
I'd have Pippo start this one...Pato's been playing a lot too. But then again he's a striker on a streak, so best to let him be.

Otherwise, han's formation looks nice. I'd play Pirlo though, instead of Zee. Pirlo's also been starting to find some mojo, and might be a good option.

+ 1 (...Each (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbup.gif) )

+Quote Post

acid911
post Jan 27 2009, 11:15 AM
Post #24

Berretti

Member No.: 3,736

QUOTE (Zed.D @ Jan 27 2009, 03:58 AM) *
Why isn't Flamini getting any chance anymore?

Better not ask, when you already know the answer, ZD. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sleep.gif) Carlo never learned the word 'rotation' in school, it seems. He's lucky we have a, quote unquote, family atmosphere here in Milano, and (most) players keep it quite. Any other club, and you'll be hearing hue and cry. And lots of it.

QUOTE (MizNelson @ Jan 27 2009, 05:50 AM) *
I lost a good amount of respect for Shev after the way in which he left the club, but now I'm starting to feel a twinge of pity for him because Carlo now has him Krazy Glued to the bench simply due to personal reasons that were around well before he left.

I'm no conspiracy theorist, but it could also be why Shev was yanked from the friendly at halftime, which was idiotic in itself.

Hit the nail right on the kisser, there, Miz. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/innocent.gif) It's a hell of a time for payback, huh? 2005 (the time when Sheva and Carlo had a whole bunch of public fights), seems all too far away.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jan 27 2009, 11:34 AM
Post #25

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jan 27 2009, 07:44 AM) *

I know Senderos is a big risk, but I'd rather he play Genoa to get some continuity. (Yes Genoa are 4th but...)

Zambro--Senderos--Paolo--Janku
Becks--Andy--Matt
Dinho
Sheva/Pippo--Pato/Sheva

Yeah but Pirlo will only miss a mid week game, I'd prefer it if we rested him. I opted for Pato because with Kaka out he's be the only one in the attack that could inject pace. Dinho and Sheva can only provide short burts of pace, but nothing like Pato or Kaka.

And like you said, he's a striker on a streak so we should leave him be

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Jan 27 2009, 12:35 PM
Post #26

Token Girl
Group Icon

Pirlo's 1 card away from a suspension. might not be the worst idea to let him get booked tomororw, rest against lazio and be for sure available against the cugini (that game's coming up).

As for Flamini, I think there are 2 reasons why we've not seen more of him: 1. he hasn't shown himself to be all that stellar (not necessarily a bad thing; new league, new team, etc. he's taking time to adjust). 2. #32 is taking teh spot that would in likelihood have been Flamini's in the lineup.

+Quote Post

Rivaldo
post Jan 27 2009, 01:56 PM
Post #27

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Member No.: 1,063

QUOTE (KakaIlCapitano @ Jan 26 2009, 11:17 PM) *
Lets give him some credit....

Yep. Milito will be glad to use this credit (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

QUOTE (Zed.D @ Jan 26 2009, 11:58 PM) *
Why isn't Flamini getting any chance anymore? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

Cos Berlu said BECKHAM MUST PLAY (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif)

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Jan 27 2009, 03:30 PM
Post #28

Token Girl
Group Icon

Carletto gave his prematch press conference. Lots of chatter in this one.

Highilights:
* there'll be turnover from the starting XI on Sunday (nobody named)
* he thinks Genoa (and Milito in particular) is dangerous
* Borriello will be available starting next weekend (this is v Reggina)
* Nesta's training twice a day and will start working with the team in about 10 days.

+Quote Post

KillerMax
post Jan 27 2009, 03:55 PM
Post #29

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 1,388

Nesta and Boriello... We miss both dearly... Now who is going to be benched when Boriello returns God knows.. I think it will be Pato. Carlo will keep Boriello on the bench until Pato has a few bad games and then KABOOM!

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Jan 27 2009, 04:06 PM
Post #30

Primavera

Member No.: 1,265

QUOTE (KillerMax @ Jan 27 2009, 07:25 PM) *
Nesta and Boriello... We miss both dearly... Now who is going to be benched when Boriello returns God knows.. I think it will be Pato. Carlo will keep Boriello on the bench until Pato has a few bad games and then KABOOM!

Pato showed his worth and what he can do in this period. if Carlo all of a sudden benches him then he's officially... . [reserving the proper adjective in case it did happen!]

+Quote Post

21 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 10:58 AM