> Bologna vs Milan, Giornata 20

acid911
post Jan 20 2009, 10:38 AM
Post #16

Berretti

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,736

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jan 20 2009, 02:01 PM) *
Oh there won't be. I've been mulling over this transfer for some time now. And things have changed.

I was talking more about underground stuff that the media/fans don't know about. If the management wanted the $$$ and Kaka said no to the deal, then there may yet be some repercussions. It might stay inside the walls of Milan. Then again, nothing might happen, which I hope is the case. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif) I want January the 19th to be the day this farce ends once and for all.

QUOTE (Zed.D @ Jan 20 2009, 02:31 PM) *
I wonder how Robinho feels after all this! money wh@re

Um, money whores don't feel anything. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif) Except money of course, but then again, they don't feel money because for them there's always a chance of sucking up for more. If Robinho got a better offer, he'll move there, I'm fairly sure.

This post has been edited by acid911: Jan 20 2009, 10:39 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Jan 20 2009, 10:44 AM
Post #17

Primavera

Member No.: 1,265

QUOTE (acid911 @ Jan 20 2009, 02:08 PM) *
Um, money whores don't feel anything. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif) Except money of course, but then again, they don't feel money because for them there's always a chance of sucking up for more. If Robinho got a better offer, he'll move there, I'm fairly sure.

Yeah, once he left Real for Man City, I knew his brain had stopped functioning. he's the stupidest talent on earth!

I hope he never comes anywhere near Milan.

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Jan 20 2009, 11:12 AM
Post #18

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,865

Man City should realise that they can't do the Chelsea thing. Chelsea had first mover advantage. Now it's different.

They must try the Aston Villa method. The big difference is they have more money. However they must go about it step by step. First break into UEFA. Then within two or three years into CL. It'll take them 7 years at least if they play their cards right. But they must have the patience. Get within the top 10 regularly and money can get them a good coach for their level. Like say, Laudrup or even Donadoni. Hughes is unproven, but who knows he might even make it.

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Jan 20 2009, 01:38 PM
Post #19

Smoking Bianco

Member No.: 191

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jan 20 2009, 01:12 PM) *
Man City should realise that they can't do the Chelsea thing. Chelsea had first mover advantage. Now it's different.

They must try the Aston Villa method. The big difference is they have more money. However they must go about it step by step. First break into UEFA. Then within two or three years into CL. It'll take them 7 years at least if they play their cards right. But they must have the patience. Get within the top 10 regularly and money can get them a good coach for their level. Like say, Laudrup or even Donadoni. Hughes is unproven, but who knows he might even make it.

City can take their Sheikh and his money and shove it !!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/devil.gif)

+Quote Post

Rivaldo
post Jan 20 2009, 03:34 PM
Post #20

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Member No.: 1,063

I think it will be good game. Kaka will be inspirated!

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jan 20 2009, 06:02 PM
Post #21

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Zed.D @ Jan 20 2009, 10:31 AM) *
Great, great post! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

As for #2, I never ever thought they'd be able to emulate what Chelsea did [I know what Chelsea did was no big deal either, but at least they built a team potentially capable of winning anything]. I never believed they'd do sh!t and I still do. they don't think realistically. there's no logic to the whole thing at all. when they think they can succeed with paying around £200M for a single player, you go figure.

I wonder how Robinho feels after all this! money wh@re (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

I think Chelsea had a mojor weapon at their disposal and that was Jose Mourinho, they wopuld have never won the things they won no matter what superstars they bought. Mourinho knows how to turn those egotistic stars into a team that would die before giving up and losing a match.

City on the other hand have Mark Hughes, what World Class player would be attracted to joining them when their project leader is a third rate English coach that has no experiance with how to handle a team and has never won anything of value

+Quote Post

Darunia
post Jan 20 2009, 06:14 PM
Post #22

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,240

Gazzetta's predicted lineup:

Abbiati
Antonini Maldini Favalli Zambrotta
Beckham Pirlo Ambrosini
Kaka Seedorf
Pato

I'd like to see Ronaldinho start in front of Seedorf, and also see Senderos get a start.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jan 20 2009, 07:47 PM
Post #23

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Darunia @ Jan 20 2009, 06:14 PM) *
Gazzetta's predicted lineup:

Abbiati
Antonini Maldini Favalli Zambrotta
Beckham Pirlo Ambrosini
Kaka Seedorf
Pato

I'd like to see Ronaldinho start in front of Seedorf, and also see Senderos get a start.

I hope Seedorf doesn't start in that trequartista role, either he starts in the midfield 3 instead of Beckham (which I think is playing a lot better then Seedorf atm so deserves to start) or he should not play at all.

Dinho or a striker should be starting.

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Jan 20 2009, 09:18 PM
Post #24

Primavera

QUOTE (han2503 @ Jan 20 2009, 11:17 PM) *
I hope Seedorf doesn't start in that trequartista role, either he starts in the midfield 3 instead of Beckham (which I think is playing a lot better then Seedorf atm so deserves to start) or he should not play at all.

Dinho or a striker should be starting.

It's really comforting to think Kaka will be there. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) I have to admit, the thought of a Milan side without Kaka troubled me more than anything, even than seeing Kaka in a sky blue jersey, during those days.

As for Dinho and Seedorf, I think it's only fair if Seedorf sits on the bench and Dinho starts along Kaka, as he didn't play much against Fiorentina. so Ka-Pa-Ro in attack [with Flamini-Pirlo-Beckham in the midfield] for me.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Jan 20 2009, 09:41 PM
Post #25

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

Antonini as RB, Zambro LB?

If this will be our line-up...I really cannot understand Ancelotti. I mean...Antonini plays the LB better, and Zambro the RB, but they are inverted for some reason. (why not try the new guy?)

Isn't Senderos match-fit? Against a Bologna I'd rather start with one fresh CB. Favalli and Maldini did an amazing job last match but...oh well, seems our regular CB pair this season will be them.

Seedorf or Dinho, I'd start with Clarence - because Dinho just like Beckham lacks still of phyisicall strenght and stamina. If things go wrong we can allways make a fast sub. But I'd pick either Becks-Ambro-Pirlo-Kaka-Clarence or Flamini-Ambro-Pirlo-Kaka-Dinho.

Flamini really dissapointed me recently. I know he plays little, but...somehow he's to neutral, a little bit of everything, but nothing sufficiently to say he's doing good.

In any way, I find it positive we're at least able to repeat line-ups and hold on one "regular" squad selection. If we stay clear of injuries till sunday, I'll be happy to see the same Viola XI minus Janku.

+Quote Post

acid911
post Jan 21 2009, 04:06 AM
Post #26

Berretti

QUOTE (Zed.D @ Jan 21 2009, 01:18 AM) *
It's really comforting to think Kaka will be there. I have to admit, the thought of a Milan side without Kaka troubled me more than anything, even than seeing Kaka in a sky blue jersey, during those days.

I still have to think about a Milan side without Maldini. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) It's not really comforting, you know.

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jan 21 2009, 01:41 AM) *
Flamini really dissapointed me recently. I know he plays little, but...somehow he's to neutral, a little bit of everything, but nothing sufficiently to say he's doing good.

I fear it might be a case of played none, won none, you're fired. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) I hope not, but the way things are going with Flamini not getting any playing time of note, his confidence seems to have dropped down. Flamini seems to me a 'touch player', once he's good, he becomes great. You absolutely have to play guys like him, regularly (even if the last 30 minutes of every match). I recall what Gourcuff's father said that one just can't destroy careers of young and upcoming players like this - they'll end up no where. Flamini is a young gun, though a bit experienced one, with a big future ahead. If he sees his career go nowhere he'll ask for a move, while we stick with our favorite players.

If I didn't know any better, I'd half think Carlo hates French players. First Gourcuff, now Flame.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jan 21 2009, 07:36 AM
Post #27

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Zed.D @ Jan 20 2009, 09:18 PM) *
It's really comforting to think Kaka will be there. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) I have to admit, the thought of a Milan side without Kaka troubled me more than anything, even than seeing Kaka in a sky blue jersey, during those days.

As for Dinho and Seedorf, I think it's only fair if Seedorf sits on the bench and Dinho starts along Kaka, as he didn't play much against Fiorentina. so Ka-Pa-Ro in attack [with Flamini-Pirlo-Beckham in the midfield] for me.

Agreed

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jan 20 2009, 09:41 PM) *
Antonini as RB, Zambro LB?

If this will be our line-up...I really cannot understand Ancelotti. I mean...Antonini plays the LB better, and Zambro the RB, but they are inverted for some reason. (why not try the new guy?)

Isn't Senderos match-fit? Against a Bologna I'd rather start with one fresh CB. Favalli and Maldini did an amazing job last match but...oh well, seems our regular CB pair this season will be them.

Seedorf or Dinho, I'd start with Clarence - because Dinho just like Beckham lacks still of phyisicall strenght and stamina. If things go wrong we can allways make a fast sub. But I'd pick either Becks-Ambro-Pirlo-Kaka-Clarence or Flamini-Ambro-Pirlo-Kaka-Dinho.

In any way, I find it positive we're at least able to repeat line-ups and hold on one "regular" squad selection. If we stay clear of injuries till sunday, I'll be happy to see the same Viola XI minus Janku.

Agreed on the whole fullback point, Sometimes I just cannot understand Carlo, the strange things he does, and it would be ok if they worked well in favour of the team, but this whole 'strategy' of putting the right footed fullback on the left and vice-versa is just rediculous.

As for who should start, I still say Dinho, Beckham and Flamini instead of Seedorf, Ambro. Seedorf in the trequartista role really holdes us back with his lack of speed, bad passing and slow build up game. Dinho might not be a road runner but he's far better at distributing and playing on the wing cutting through the middle. It should be a choice between Seedorf and Beckham in the midfield 3 and imo, if we're going to go on starting the player that has been performing better and putting in more effort on the pitch then Beckham would win it hands down, but since we all know that that is not how Carlo picks his starting 11 then we all know who he will choose to start (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

Flamini started great, he put in some really class performances at the beginning of the season but then Ambro and Rino were both available to play and Carlo dropped him immediately. This is what I hate about Carlo, the fact that he doesn't pick his teams based on performances and form but on seniority and favourites. And Ambro has been bad these past few games, bad touches, bad passes, irrational challenges. Flamini brings far more to the table, he's got a far better technique on the ball, better passing and doesn't go in on players like Ambro does.

QUOTE (acid911 @ Jan 21 2009, 04:06 AM) *
I still have to think about a Milan side without Maldini. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) It's not really comforting, you know.

I fear it might be a case of played none, won none, you're fired. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) I hope not, but the way things are going with Flamini not getting any playing time of note, his confidence seems to have dropped down. Flamini seems to me a 'touch player', once he's good, he becomes great. You absolutely have to play guys like him, regularly (even if the last 30 minutes of every match). I recall what Gourcuff's father said that one just can't destroy careers of young and upcoming players like this - they'll end up no where. Flamini is a young gun, though a bit experienced one, with a big future ahead. If he sees his career go nowhere he'll ask for a move, while we stick with our favorite players.

If I didn't know any better, I'd half think Carlo hates French players. First Gourcuff, now Flame.

Agreed

This post has been edited by han2503: Jan 21 2009, 07:39 AM

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Jan 21 2009, 07:38 AM
Post #28

Primavera

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jan 21 2009, 12:11 AM) *

When Pato played little, he disappointed too! he was neutral too!... Carlo needs to trust Flamini more than this... give him more time on the pitch. otherwise he will be yet another player that failed at Carlo's Milan.

So I for one will not expect anything special from Flamini unless he plays with some continuity. I certainly wouldn't blame him for his poor form [just so you don't get me wrong and start arguing, I'm not saying you are blaming him or anything (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) ].

+Quote Post

acid911
post Jan 21 2009, 07:57 AM
Post #29

Berretti

QUOTE (Zed.D @ Jan 21 2009, 11:38 AM) *
So I for one will not expect anything special from Flamini unless he plays with some continuity. I certainly wouldn't blame him for his poor form [just so you don't get me wrong and start arguing, I'm not saying you are blaming him or anything ].

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) Oooh, I love these little disclaimers! But I certainly agree with Han's and your posts above. Let Carlo do the same with Ambro, Seedorf and others, and let's see how ordinary they become after getting ten minutes twice a month. Sure every coach has trouble balancing things, but this is something else, entirely.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Jan 21 2009, 11:26 AM
Post #30

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

No, I don't agree with the conclusion that Flamini's performances depend on his playing time, and once again Ancelotti is unreasonable.

Pato never dissapointed, he's totally a different page. But guys...with that kind of attitude Milan/Ancelotti would have soon to develop a 12 or 13 man-on field strategy. I mean, it can't be that everything summs up to the - "Gourcuff should have played more and Flamini should have played more"...

+Quote Post

22 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 05:17 AM