Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Milan vs Fiorentina, Giornata 19

acid911
post Jan 14 2009, 01:42 AM
Post #1

Berretti

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,736

So, the last match of the first round. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif) I don't know what to put up here, seeing our last performance in Rome, other than maybe, just maybe, Milan may give me an early birthday present (on January 19). This match, however is two days back, this Saturday. We have a fruitcake to take care of, named Gilardino, who's on second place as the league top scorer with 12 goals. And sorry to say this, but how many goals does Borriello have up till now? One, maybe, two. Pity he's injured so much, I had high hopes for him.

Anyway, we'll see what happens in this week. Unless something really strange happens and both inter and Juve lose their games, I'll officially call it quits this season. Finish 4th, or 14th, no big deal for me, because we certainly don't look like a team to win the Scudetto now, almost half-way through the season. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) Even if we do, we won't deserve it. Even if we win each match from now on. I'll still cheer for the team before the start of every match, forgetting everything, but this isn't the stuff Champions are made of. The contenders give you a chance to climb back, and we do what? Blow it away. Maybe we'll win the UEFA Cup, and hopefully divert our attentions to that tournament from now on. Oh, and I'm hoping for a win, but also hoping for Gila to score the first goal of the match; it'll be worth seeing his reaction. The good days, the all-or-nothing days:

(IMG:http://i41.tinypic.com/2gxiirc.jpg)

You guessed it, time for some stats between the two clubs, current rankings, head to head, top scorers, etc. Only this time there aren't any available at the time of going to press. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) I'll update the thread once they come in. Ha! Okay they're in, right from the oven:

(IMG:http://i40.tinypic.com/awt6va.jpg)

(IMG:http://i44.tinypic.com/zmxm6d.jpg)

(IMG:http://i42.tinypic.com/30910z9.jpg)

(IMG:http://i43.tinypic.com/r1ae0i.jpg)

Date: Saturday, 17 January, 2009
Time: 7:30 pm to 9:30 pm GMT
Place: Stadio Giuseppe Meazza (San Siro)

Forza Milan! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/devil.gif)

(big edit to add in the stats images)

This post has been edited by acid911: Jan 17 2009, 07:22 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Giocare08
post Jan 14 2009, 02:14 AM
Post #2

Pulcini 99

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 5,996

I can see us winign here I'm feeling :
Abbiati
Zambrotta-Maldini-Kaladze-Janku
Beckham-Pirlo-Ambro
Kaka- seedorf
PATO
Pato has been in good form and the Viola have a loss last week. They will want to win badly to keep them in the race for Champions. I think a 1-1 tie with Gila and Kaka scoring. I agree with everything you said acid but i dont want to give up hope yet. I dont mind Juve winning it but Inter would be a serious smack in the face as me and my father bet on the scudetto winner and he is an Inter fan.(Dont ask how it happened as my grandfather is a Juve fan)
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post

arivanjj
post Jan 14 2009, 03:07 AM
Post #3

7th Heaven

Member No.: 821

Mutu is out (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Jan 14 2009, 03:14 AM
Post #4

Token Girl
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 2,800

So is Osvaldo (2 game ban). Frey is questionable.

+Quote Post

acid911
post Jan 14 2009, 03:27 AM
Post #5

Berretti

QUOTE (Giocare08 @ Jan 14 2009, 06:14 AM) *
I can see us winign here I'm feeling :
Abbiati
Zambrotta-Maldini-Kaladze-Janku
Beckham-Pirlo-Ambro
Kaka- seedorf
PATO

Good squad, but I think Seedorf has lost the right to start years ago. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) He makes himself look like a clown two out of three times he gets the ball, so maybe the last 30 minutes as a sub would be good. Not that Ronaldinho too much of an improvement, but I'll take a guy that can't run than a guy that doesn't want to run, 365.25 days a year. My choice:

Abbomination
Zamborghini * Mr. Football * Kalmagaddon * Janks
Flamini * Steel Factory Owner * Ambro
Golden Boy * English Lad
The Duck

QUOTE (Giocare08 @ Jan 14 2009, 06:14 AM) *
Pato has been in good form and the Viola have a loss last week. They will want to win badly to keep them in the race for Champions. I think a 1-1 tie with Gila and Kaka scoring. I agree with everything you said acid but i dont want to give up hope yet. I dont mind Juve winning it but Inter would be a serious smack in the face as me and my father bet on the scudetto winner and he is an Inter fan.(Dont ask how it happened as my grandfather is a Juve fan)

Wow, some really interesting family you go there, Gio. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) Don't tell me your mother is a Roma fan. Anyhoo, if anyone wants to give up hope now's the time. I, however, am with you in thinking that still some good can come out of this season. And if you read my previous post (hypothetically speaking, don't start reading all 4,663 of my posts here), you'll find out that I'm always hopeful, more so at least one day before a match. Going into the right frame into each encounter is the least that should be expected.

Oh, and about winning the league, I'd much rather have Napoli win it than any of inter or Juve, thank you. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif) Napoli is my least favorite club, but still when it comes to the Scudetto, I want neither the snakes nor the zebras winning this year. Of course, I also want world peace, but hey, let's leave it at that!

QUOTE (arivanjj @ Jan 14 2009, 07:07 AM) *
Mutu is out

I'd have preferred him being in, but oh well. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) The feeling is infinitely better once you defeat a full strength opposition. That's if you defeat them first, of course. Anyway, this is one match I don't want Milan to win. If we can spare Roma two free points, than Gila deserves all three. Besides, Fiorentina for the 4th once again (sorry zd, you being a Napoli fan and all).

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Jan 14 2009, 03:44 AM
Post #6

Token Girl
Group Icon

Kalmagaddon. That's a new one. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

(Fishdoll and I offer apologies to our boardmember from the Republic of Georgia for all the Kaladze jokes).

Actually, i don't think he's going to play. He's having an MRI today and there's talk of him going to see Doctor Martens in Belgium - that usually = surgery. Gazzetta is projecting a (surprise surprise) 4-3-2-1 with Favster playing next to Il Capitano in the center of defense.

+Quote Post

arivanjj
post Jan 14 2009, 03:57 AM
Post #7

7th Heaven

Member No.: 821

QUOTE (acid911 @ Jan 14 2009, 11:27 AM) *
I'd have preferred him being in, but oh well. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) The feeling is infinitel better once you defeat a full strength opposition. That's if you defeat them first, of course. Anyway, this is one match I don't want Milan to win. If we can spare Roma two free points, than Gila deserves all three. Besides, Fiorentina for the 4th once again (sorry zd, you being a Napoli fan and all).

i just genuinely hate him... nothing personal.

+Quote Post

acid911
post Jan 14 2009, 05:11 AM
Post #8

Berretti

QUOTE (Tennie @ Jan 14 2009, 07:44 AM) *
Kalmagaddon. That's a new one.

It's also a keeper. For me, at least. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

(Fishdoll and I offer apologies to our boardmember from the Republic of Georgia for all the Kaladze jokes).

No worries, Ten. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif) The people of Georgia probably share our enthusiasm in bashing that guy. He can be that bad sometimes. Of course there are times when he's good too, but I still don't think we deserve him and his antics.

Actually, i don't think he's going to play. He's having an MRI today and there's talk of him going to see Doctor Martens in Belgium - that usually = surgery. Gazzetta is projecting a (surprise surprise) 4-3-2-1 with Favster playing next to Il Capitano in the center of defense.

I'm all for it. Thanks God for God! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/devil.gif) In fact, Paolo hasn't been anywhere near injured this season, and I hope it stays this way. We'd have been very lost indeed without him, now that Nesta has had more than his fair share of knocks. Of course, I get to like Favster more every match.

QUOTE (arivanjj @ Jan 14 2009, 07:57 AM) *
i just genuinely hate him... nothing personal.

That's fine. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/innocent.gif) We all like or dislike certain players. In fact, I wasn't talking about Mutu in particular. Generally, a good victory for me is when you take on a fully fit opponent. An even sweeter one is when half your team is our injured and you defeat an opposition that's full strength. Nothing tops that!

+Quote Post

MizNelson
post Jan 14 2009, 05:53 AM
Post #9

Dida per sempre

Member No.: 3,563

Kaladstrophe. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Jan 14 2009, 08:43 AM
Post #10

Primavera

Member No.: 1,265

@ ari

Good to see you around more (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

While I expect the players and the fans to show Gila some respect, I hope we make him look miserable on the pitch! Gila has a point to prove, so do we.

I predict a 3-1 win (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif)

+Quote Post

acid911
post Jan 14 2009, 12:23 PM
Post #11

Berretti

QUOTE (Zed.D @ Jan 14 2009, 12:43 PM) *
@ ari
Good to see you around more

+1. Second that. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sleep.gif)

While I expect the players and the fans to show Gila some respect, I hope we make him look miserable on the pitch! Gila has a point to prove, so do we.

Can we, now? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif) We made someone like Vučinić look class a couple of days back, Gila is another story.

I predict a 3-1 win

A case of too little, too late. We'll see. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) If the midfield functions like it did in the last match, I don't think we'd be able to score anywhere near 3 goals, even if we're playing at home. Roma was an 11th position team, without Totti and others. Last I checked, Fiorentina is 5th. Still, all I want is a good match. Been a couple of weeks, since I watched one.

+Quote Post

CrazyMilanFan
post Jan 14 2009, 12:30 PM
Post #12

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 3,873

ok so another match and another xmas tree

+Quote Post

acid911
post Jan 14 2009, 12:52 PM
Post #13

Berretti

QUOTE (CrazyMilanFan @ Jan 14 2009, 04:30 PM) *
ok so another match and another xmas tree

Yeah, well in my formation above I wanted to include two strikers, but hey who are we kidding?! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) I really wanted to, but as long as Carlo's in charge it's Christmas all around, all the time, 12 months a year. He seems to have a passion for 4-3-2-1.

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Jan 14 2009, 01:08 PM
Post #14

Token Girl
Group Icon

There will be two training sessions today. The first training session has taken place, and it was a lot of individual work (some in the gym, some running springs, some in the sand pit, etc).

+Quote Post

kizo
post Jan 14 2009, 03:23 PM
Post #15

Pulcini Provinciali 98

Member No.: 778

I Think it refers to me, Yes?

Appology isn't necessary as people who really understand football in Georgia share the same enthusiasm about kala's recent atrocious plays. Kala appears not to be good anymore, but he was quite good in past seasons, espacially in 05-06.

So he needs to step up, and if he works well, he might not be flop anymore.

His marriage might also be the factor of not playing well. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

He isn't playing well recently, but please everyone agree to fact that she has beautiful wife.

rumours are spreading here that she is pregnant

(IMG:http://img382.imageshack.us/img382/6550/post681231864405gm8.jpg)

This post has been edited by kizo: Jan 14 2009, 03:24 PM

+Quote Post

13 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:58 PM