m1ke
post Aug 4 2005, 04:49 PM
Post #1

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

UEFA AWARDS, SIX ROSSONERI NOMINATED
8/3/2005
ROME - Six Milan players have been nominated amongst the 21 candidates for the UEFA Club Football Awards that will take place on August 25, in Monte Carlo. The Rossoneri are Marcos Cafu, Paolo Maldini, Alessandro Nesta, Kaka, Andrea Pirlo and Andriy Shevchenko. All the 21 players nominated will also be in the running for the Most Valuable Player. The prize-giving ceremony will be held on August 25, at 4pm CET, at the Grimaldi Forum in Monaco and will be followed by the Champions League first-round draw.

Shevchenko has got to be in the running for an award this year. (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/devilsmiley.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

amancik
post Aug 5 2005, 09:32 AM
Post #2

Milanfan to Death

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 11

haha ... i am confident that he's got a big chance of winning uefa best striker ... his performace was outstanding

+Quote Post

yourfavoritemuse
post Aug 5 2005, 03:30 PM
Post #3

Esordienti B 96

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 42

Best of luck to our boys, but stiff competition:

Best Goalkeeper nominees
Gianluigi Buffon (Juventus FC)
Petr Cech (Chelsea FC)
Jerzy Dudek (Liverpool FC)

Best Defender nominees
**Cafu (AC Milan)
Jamie Carragher (Liverpool FC)
Sami Hyypiä (Liverpool FC)
**Paolo Maldini (AC Milan)
**Alessandro Nesta (AC Milan)
John Terry (Chelsea FC)

Best Midfielder nominees
Michael Ballack (FC Bayern München)
Steven Gerrard (Liverpool FC)
**Kakà (AC Milan)
Juninho Pernambucano (Olympique Lyonnais)
Frank Lampard (Chelsea FC)
**Andrea Pirlo (AC Milan)
Mark van Bommel (PSV Eindhoven, now FC Barcelona)

Best Forward nominees
Adriano (FC Internazionale Milano)
Samuel Eto’o (FC Barcelona)
Ji-Sung Park (PSV Eindhoven, now Manchester United FC)
Ronaldinho (FC Barcelona)
**Andriy Shevchenko (AC Milan)

+Quote Post

amancik
post Aug 6 2005, 04:44 PM
Post #4

Milanfan to Death

I'm a bit confused ... Is Ji-Sung Park a forward?

+Quote Post

yourfavoritemuse
post Aug 7 2005, 12:32 AM
Post #5

Esordienti B 96

amancik, I think you're confusing "forward" with "striker". The two are not necessarily the same; ie, all strikers are "forwards", but not all forwards are strikers.

Ji-Sung Park has a similar position to Ronaldinho. Technically speaking, the two occupy midfield positions (usu. in the hole)...one doesn't have to be a striker to be considered a "forward".

If I'm explaining this wrong (I probably am), anyone can feel free to correct me... (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/happy.gif)

+Quote Post

m1ke
post Aug 7 2005, 02:20 AM
Post #6

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

QUOTE (yourfavoritemuse @ Aug 7 2005, 12:32 AM)
If I'm explaining this wrong (I probably am), anyone can feel free to correct me... (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/happy.gif)

No I agree, but why then have they classed Kaka as a midfielder.

Not that it matters now! Would be nice for a Milan player to take home an award though. (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/king.gif)

+Quote Post

Boban
post Aug 7 2005, 02:53 AM
Post #7

Esordienti B 96

Member No.: 79

shevchenko has got a very big chance of winning this award adn hopefully he does (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post

amancik
post Aug 10 2005, 03:34 AM
Post #8

Milanfan to Death

QUOTE (yourfavoritemuse @ Aug 7 2005, 01:32 AM)
Ji-Sung Park has a similar position to Ronaldinho. Technically speaking, the two occupy midfield positions (usu. in the hole)...one doesn't have to be a striker to be considered a "forward".

you're correct but what I meant was ... r u sure he plays in that position? cuz I thought he's a center midfielder ...

+Quote Post

Boban
post Aug 10 2005, 06:37 AM
Post #9

Esordienti B 96

Member No.: 79

nah park is a attacking mid or forward agianst milan he was playing up front for PSV thats wat i thought anyway im pretty sure he has a similiar position to ronaldinho :S

+Quote Post

Milan Are Brilli...
post Aug 10 2005, 07:00 PM
Post #10

Berretti
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 90

QUOTE (Boban @ Aug 10 2005, 06:37 AM)
nah park is a attacking mid or forward agianst milan he was playing up front for PSV thats wat i thought anyway im pretty sure he has a similiar position to ronaldinho :S

Park did play a more attacking role against Milan but I believe he plays on left-midfield for South Korea, he is an extremely versatile player.

+Quote Post

yourfavoritemuse
post Aug 10 2005, 10:51 PM
Post #11

Esordienti B 96

I guess this just confuses matters even more, but for Man U, looks like he'll be playing down the left side as well (as he did yesterday to great effect against Debrecen).

I think the Milan players (esp. Sheva) deserve to take home awards, but I have a sinking feeling that Liverpool's CL final display & Chelsea's dream season might have something to say about that. I think it's going to come down to the people who "omfg he had an outrageously out-of-the-ordinary good season!" as opposed to the consistently good & dependable & well-rounded players...which is why I think Liverpool & Chelsea will get awards. (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

Sheva should win the "Best Forward" award, though, he's certainly performed the best in UEFA competition out of those nominated.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 12:20 PM