Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Summer Transfers 2019

Forza Milan!
post Jun 28 2019, 05:08 PM
Post #16

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 12,353

And we are officially out of EL (link). This was supposed to be part of an agreement that buys us some time to meet FFP targets, but only the exclusion has been announced.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Forza Milan!
post Jun 28 2019, 05:10 PM
Post #17

Giovanissimi Regionali B

QUOTE (Forza Milan! @ Jun 26 2019, 11:28 PM) *
PSG offering Areola + 20M for Donna (link)

Was hoping for more, and I hate losing someone like Donna. That said, we risk losing him in two years anyway (I do not trust Raiola), I was impressed by Plizzari during the U17 WC, and we can use the plusvalenza to help us get closer to FFP compliance. Areola is valued 30M in the deal, would prefer to sell Donna for straight cash.

Let's see if the rumor is true, and (if so) it would be interesting to see how Milan reacts (reject or counteroffer).

Apparently we have rejected the offer (we want more money and no Areola). PSG is likely to come back with a new offer.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Jun 28 2019, 09:00 PM
Post #18

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,730

The fact Milan have been barred from UEL (would have been UCL had we made it) barely makes a ripple now.

Same way Chelsea's transfer ban wasn't really considered relevant by anyone.

In three days we're building a new stadium, possibly demolishing San Siro and we're barred from Europe and literally no one cares.

Oh how we've fallen (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

+Quote Post

Forza Milan!
post Jun 29 2019, 06:33 AM
Post #19

Giovanissimi Regionali B

QUOTE (Danny @ Jun 28 2019, 10:00 PM) *
The fact Milan have been barred from UEL (would have been UCL had we made it) barely makes a ripple now.

In three days we're building a new stadium, possibly demolishing San Siro and we're barred from Europe and literally no one cares.

There was talk about being banned from EL, and it was positioned as some sort of agreement that would benefit us. I had some misgivings, but tried to look at it in a positive light ... until the official communication from UEFA, which I found rather depressing.

Stadium ... unclear what the plan is. The mayor of Milan went on record sayong it will not happen, but some commentators claim it is just posturing, and plans are moving ahead. Who knows ...

Mercato ... as confusing as ever.

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Jun 29 2019, 09:04 AM
Post #20

Smoking Bianco

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 191

QUOTE (Danny @ Jun 29 2019, 12:00 AM) *

As I understand it Milan we're scrutinised for breaching FFP in the seasons 2015-17 and 2016-18. And the only way to Waive it off is to accept punishment of being barred from UEFA competitions for one season.

Facts are stubborn things, and as things stand Milan had accumulated losses during those periods which were not reversable. So taking that into consideration, Milan starts on a clean slate.

I think there is some good here.

+Quote Post

CrazyMilanFan
post Jun 29 2019, 01:42 PM
Post #21

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 3,873

So now we can spend freely (if we have the money) and if we qualify for UCL next season there wouldn't be any issues for 2 years now right?

+Quote Post

Forza Milan!
post Jun 29 2019, 02:08 PM
Post #22

Giovanissimi Regionali B

QUOTE (CrazyMilanFan @ Jun 29 2019, 02:42 PM) *
So now we can spend freely (if we have the money) and if we qualify for UCL next season there wouldn't be any issues for 2 years now right?

We still have to operate within FFP parameters, which means we need to break even (or close to) in 3 years. So, I don't think we can spend freely.

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Jun 29 2019, 02:10 PM
Post #23

Smoking Bianco

QUOTE (CrazyMilanFan @ Jun 29 2019, 04:42 PM) *

No we can't spend freely, it has to be calculated. If Milan gets into UEFA competitions next year then FFP will be an issue again, just that aggregate losses from season 15-17 and 16-18 won't be haunting the club again as the club took its punishment.

At least that's how I understand it.

If the club spends freely now, next year the club faces the same issue all over again.

+Quote Post

TriniKing_CE
post Jun 29 2019, 04:48 PM
Post #24

CrAzY EyeS

Member No.: 3,723

Seems to be a bit of confusion over the EL pull out.

Here's an article I just came across which tries to analyze it a bit.

https://milantalk.com/2019/06/29/five-reaso...e-is-good-news/

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jun 29 2019, 05:10 PM
Post #25

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jun 26 2019, 09:37 AM) *
I think you're talking about Krunic there.

Well that shows my clear lack of knowledge on that... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sleep.gif)

QUOTE (Forza Milan! @ Jun 28 2019, 05:08 PM) *
And we are officially out of EL (link). This was supposed to be part of an agreement that buys us some time to meet FFP targets, but only the exclusion has been announced.

We basically excluded ourselves to give the new management time to fix the mess that our finances are thanks to B & G and the Chinese

QUOTE (Danny @ Jun 28 2019, 09:00 PM) *

I think everyone was sort of expecting it as the rumours about us being in talks with UEFA to pull out have been going around since the end of the season

And honestly, if this allows us to get things in order while also having a bit more lee-way this summer to operate on the market, I'm all for it.

The EL is a waste of time anyway

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jun 29 2019, 02:10 PM) *
No we can't spend freely, it has to be calculated. If Milan gets into UEFA competitions next year then FFP will be an issue again, just that aggregate losses from season 15-17 and 16-18 won't be haunting the club again as the club took its punishment.

At least that's how I understand it.

If the club spends freely now, next year the club faces the same issue all over again.

But I read that this will give us a lot more breathing room on the transfer market this summer...

I understand that we won't be breaking the bank, but from what I understand this will definitely give us room to flex much more than we would have been had we stayed in

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Jun 29 2019, 07:20 PM
Post #26

Smoking Bianco

Whatever it is, the new owners chose this punishment to have a clean slate. Going forward the losses that Milan had on its books is erased and it will be the management and new owners responsibility to adhere to FFP going forward.

The mercato is approaching and by end of August you will know to what extend they could spend.

+Quote Post

CrazyMilanFan
post Jun 29 2019, 07:36 PM
Post #27

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 3,873

When is the window closing? Is it start of serie A or end of August?

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Jul 1 2019, 10:14 PM
Post #28

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

QUOTE (CrazyMilanFan @ Jun 29 2019, 07:36 PM) *
When is the window closing? Is it start of serie A or end of August?

Should be start of Serie A.

Theo Hernandez a done deal. Rodriguez should move out, last I read to Barcelona for 15M.

Being linked with Perin as Donnarumma will probably be sold if PSG make a 50M, cash-only offer.

Ceballos seems close but Madrid want a repurchase clause, just like with Morata.

Lovren is the main objective in defense.

+Quote Post

Forza Milan!
post Jul 1 2019, 10:30 PM
Post #29

Giovanissimi Regionali B

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jul 1 2019, 11:14 PM) *
Lovren is the main objective in defense.

Not too thrilled about this. Not overly impressed by the player, and it does not fit the profile of what we should be looking for. Feels more like a Galliani move.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Jul 2 2019, 03:25 PM
Post #30

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,730

Dejan Lovren?! Are you guys serious?

Ricardo Rodriguez to Barca?!

Have I slipped into a parallel universe?

This post has been edited by Danny: Jul 2 2019, 03:25 PM

+Quote Post

70 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:50 PM