X-Offender
post Feb 9 2022, 11:18 AM
Post #31

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Feb 9 2022, 09:10 AM) *
Why are you all so sold on Sanches?

Because he's good, very good. I don't care if he's failed previously, or if it's just the French league. My only problem is related to his physical condition. He gets injured way too easily and frequently, and that's the kind of player we should avoid at all cost. So, I'm still on the fence.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

William405
post Feb 10 2022, 03:06 PM
Post #32

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 7,239

Theo will sign an extension soon..

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Feb 10 2022, 05:17 PM
Post #33

Botman's agent was also present at San Siro last night, and today he met with Maldini.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Feb 10 2022, 07:43 PM
Post #34

Theo's new salary will be 4.5M plus bonuses. Official announcement should come tomorrow.

Bennacer will follow after, new salary will be 3.2M (double of what he currently earns). We'll also remove the 50M release clause on his contract.

Leao will be the last to renew.

It makes me wonder, does Kessie with his 8M demand really think he's so much better than Theo, Bennacer and Leao? Because not only he's a far worse player, but asking for such a foolish amount almost sounds like an excuse and he just wants to leave.

And to be honest I'm very glad he will leave. His performances have been garbage this season. As Han said in an earlier post, he's had 1 good season out of 5. That doesn't make you a top player, and it certainly doesn't make you a starter for a scudetto challenging team. Fu*ck this guy.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Feb 10 2022, 10:01 PM
Post #35

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Feb 8 2022, 11:10 PM) *
Adli plays primarily AM at Bordeaux, but in his current system Pioli demands an AM that attacks the area very often (Brahim). Adli is more of a playmaker.

If we indeed do get Sanches, I'd be for switching to a 4-3-3 with Bennacer-Tonali-Sanches in the starting midfield, and the various Adli, Pobega, Brahim etc. on the bench. Brahim might be utilised when we need an extra offensive push in the second half. After all, he's usually devastating when he comes off the bench.

I really don't think we'll switch the formation. The double pivot system works for us, especially with the players we have. Adli is seemingly a playmaker, but he can either play in the AM position or in the double pivot according to what I've read about him he's played both position, although you are correct that he's primarily playing as an AM this season

Sanches is also a very versatile player. He can play the double pivot or he can play in that AM position.

Obviously all these guys will interpret the role differently. Sanches imo is mostly box-to-box and while it would probably suit him more to switch to a 4-3-3. Bennacer and Tonali are currently our best mids and are thriving in this system, especially Bennacer who really struggled in his first few months with us playing in a 3-man midfield

We'll see, but potentially having a midfield line-up of Bennacer, Tonali, Sanches, Pobega and Adli is very exciting to me.

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Feb 9 2022, 09:10 AM) *
Why are you all so sold on Sanches?

Because he's a top quality player. He's been immense at Lille, he literally toyed with our midfield last season at San Siro. He made the step up too early, now he's ready. You can't hold that over his head indefinitely. He'd bring in quality and versatility to our midfield as well and would be a step up on Kessie

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Feb 9 2022, 11:18 AM) *
Because he's good, very good. I don't care if he's failed previously, or if it's just the French league. My only problem is related to his physical condition. He gets injured way too easily and frequently, and that's the kind of player we should avoid at all cost. So, I'm still on the fence.

His injury issues the only worry for me as well

We could always be conservative and try to seal a deal for Kamara (depending on whether some EPL side wants him of course). But Sanches is a far more exciting option imo

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Feb 10 2022, 07:43 PM) *
Theo's new salary will be 4.5M plus bonuses. Official announcement should come tomorrow.

Bennacer will follow after, new salary will be 3.2M (double of what he currently earns). We'll also remove the 50M release clause on his contract.

Leao will be the last to renew.

It makes me wonder, does Kessie with his 8M demand really think he's so much better than Theo, Bennacer and Leao? Because not only he's a far worse player, but asking for such a foolish amount almost sounds like an excuse and he just wants to leave.

And to be honest I'm very glad he will leave. His performances have been garbage this season. As Han said in an earlier post, he's had 1 good season out of 5. That doesn't make you a top player, and it certainly doesn't make you a starter for a scudetto challenging team. Fu*ck this guy.

Great work to lock in all these players on long-term deals and for very reasonable salaries as well

Kessie just strikes me odd. I read that he doesn't even have any offers better than Milan's atm. Which makes no sense.

I'm over Kessie, but he'll be another regret of not getting a transfer fee for him, not to mention there's the possibility of him doing a Hakan and going to Inter or Juve, which would be a new level of snake worse than Hakan considering all the BS he spouted while at the Olympics

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Feb 10 2022, 11:03 PM
Post #36

Apparently Barca were interested, but then back out due to his salary demands.

+Quote Post

William405
post Feb 11 2022, 04:54 AM
Post #37

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 7,239

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Feb 11 2022, 01:03 AM) *
Apparently Barca were interested, but then back out due to his salary demands.

I'll quote you on this one:

"Kessie is simply making a fool of himself at this point. The whole world is watching and I'm enjoying it. Serve the prick right."

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/king.gif)

His relationship with us is over imo. This management deals with things quite strictly. I bet the replacement is probably in the works. I just hope we will be able to get some money going in, I feel Maldini can do so much with some more input.

+Quote Post

CrazyMilanFan
post Feb 11 2022, 05:19 PM
Post #38

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 3,873

Theo's announcement is official finaly we have extended a contract for a change (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Feb 11 2022, 06:54 PM
Post #39

Wait, so we CAN renew contracts! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

+Quote Post

han2503
post Feb 11 2022, 08:41 PM
Post #40

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Well, all jokes aide, we renewed Calabria, Alexis, Pioli and a few others in recent months

Bennacer and Leao are next with Nicolo Schira who is pretty reliable saying Benna's is done and Leao's is almost there as well

I don't think it's a coincidence though that we've basically purged all the players who were brought in under previous managements in less than 3 years. These renewal will be a clear sign of where this management want to got with their project.

Once again, Only regret here is that we're about to purge a total of around 150m worth of transfer fees for absolutely nothing. Which is a big shame. Because that kind of money in Paolo's hands would have taken us very far

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Feb 11 2022, 09:15 PM
Post #41

Indeed. We should have applied the policy that if you don't renew at least one year before expiry then you're automatically on the market. Kessie should have been sold this summer. With all the English clubs interested in him, we could have easily gotten, what, 20-25M? And we could have spent that money directly for Sanches.

Still can't get over his Olympics statements.

I am proud to have chosen Milan and it is not my intention to leave. Indeed, I want to stay forever.

When I get back from the Olympics I will fix everything. There will be no problems, I always keep my word. The club has always known that my will is to stay with the Rossoneri. An important season awaits us.

I just want Milan. We are a fantastic group, I can't wait to be able to hug my teammates and the coach again. We will have to live up to the name Milan has in Europe. We have to aim for the maximum in every competition, both in the league and in the cups. We will not disappoint.

I like it so much when the ultras sing 'a President, there is only one President'. I want to stay for life here. I would like to go as far as possible in the Olympic tournament with the Ivory Coast, then Milan will have me for as long as they want...

I mean, WTF?!

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Feb 12 2022, 03:24 PM
Post #42

Smoking Bianco

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 191

Think its the bigger picture here, renewals that fit within the budgets will be tendered. Those who demand something astronomical to the club?s economic capacity will not be entertained (as it will become a snowball which will engulf more players demanding the same). Imagine if Milan had caved in to Dollarumma and Kessie, do you honestly think Theo would accept the contract terms he had just signed?

The bigger picture here is of a sustainable Milan, and I like the approach the management is taking. Zlatan is not the exception to the rule, but what he brought in was not just a kick of the ball or goals, what he brought in was a team spirit and dedication in training. So that said, if you are able to offer more than what is within your job description to the club and the team then you will be valued differently.

This new Milan taking shape has no room for those like Cala, Dollar, Kessie and to an extent Romag.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Feb 12 2022, 10:49 PM
Post #43

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Feb 12 2022, 03:24 PM) *
Think its the bigger picture here, renewals that fit within the budgets will be tendered. Those who demand something astronomical to the club?s economic capacity will not be entertained (as it will become a snowball which will engulf more players demanding the same). Imagine if Milan had caved in to Dollarumma and Kessie, do you honestly think Theo would accept the contract terms he had just signed?

The bigger picture here is of a sustainable Milan, and I like the approach the management is taking. Zlatan is not the exception to the rule, but what he brought in was not just a kick of the ball or goals, what he brought in was a team spirit and dedication in training. So that said, if you are able to offer more than what is within your job description to the club and the team then you will be valued differently.

This new Milan taking shape has no room for those like Cala, Dollar, Kessie and to an extent Romag.

I agree there. We can't just give in to all the demands, even though we were going to give Donna 8m (!!) which thinking back on it now with Maignan playing for just a fraction of that, would have made that a terrible deal. Donna might be a generational goalkeeper, but no keeper is worth that kind of money. Especially not for us when that can fund 2 important renewals for outfield players

The Chalanogu situation was different imo. The difference between what we were offering and what Inter eventually gave him was apparently less than 1m. Hakan felt like he was not wanted by the club, he was abused on social media by our fans on a daily basis as well, basically for the entire time he was with us. I personally can't stand him, but I think management were just not that into him either so didn't make any extra efforts.

With Kessie we know the management have been willing to go over what they are offering the others. But he's being a prick and I'm sure him an his agent smell sign on bonuses and commissions coming their way as well. The rumours now linking him to Barca make absolutely no sense. He's just spent 5 years in re-build limbo and is willing to go to another similar situation, just when we're really starting to get out of said limbo. Just a dumb move all around as he doesn't really suit their style either

For Romagnoli. Again, I think this is another situation similar to Hakan. I think the management are just not making the extra effort with him. They've put the 2.8m on the table and they've basically tagged on a take it or leave it notice. Fassone and Mirabelli obviously made a fatal error with his contract, basically just like with everything else they did. He has not really performed up to the standard of a 6m per year player either for a while now. And with rumours about Botman being as they are, he's mostly being pushed out rather than the other way around as he's willing to take a cut, just not that big a cut

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Feb 18 2022, 12:43 PM
Post #44

I read Milan-related articles very often with regards to our summer objectives, but nobody, and I mean nobody ever mentions any RW names. It's like that area of the pitch is completely forgotten by everyone: management, journalists, even fans. Am I the only nutcase who thinks we CANNOT be competitive with Saelemaekers and Messias in such a fundamental position?

Everyone is obssesing about Botman, Renato Sanches and the eventual new CF, but man it irks me to no end how we're never linked to a RW!

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Mar 2 2022, 05:15 PM
Post #45

Carlo Pellegatti told some news on the possible Milan-Botman deal from his Youtube channel: ?Milan is starting to build. Botman is a Milan player: I tell you this because I personally checked with sources of his Dutch agents, and even these totally founded, totally reliable sources tell me that Botman will be a Milan player, the first big signing to strengthen the team. I am really happy because I like it so much when Milan moves quickly, well and authoritatively. And there's more: the player had important offers but he strongly wanted Milan."

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:35 PM