2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Best formation?

Formations...
What is the best formation Pippo can play?
4-2-1-3/4-2-3-1 [ 3 ] ** [50.00%]
4-3-2-1/4-3-1-2 [ 1 ] ** [16.67%]
3-4-2-1/3-4-1-2 [ 2 ] ** [33.33%]
Total Votes: 6
Guests cannot vote 

X-Offender
post Sep 25 2014, 02:08 PM
Post #1

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

After four games I think we've all more or less formed an idea of what this team is capable of. Our strengths, our weaknesses, the areas of potential growth etc. So, what is in your opinion the formation Pippo can play based on what you've seen so far?

Obviously the player choices can be different, I just went with the most popular ones (like Rami and Alex as CBs). Also I believe we can all agree that Menez and Honda are best utilized as free roamers behind the striker in choices 2 and 3, but another option would be for Honda as AM behind Menez and Torres.

Please vote and give your opinion.

PS: Move thread to Polls if possible as I can't post in there.

(IMG:http://i57.tinypic.com/2624h0j.jpg)

(IMG:http://i60.tinypic.com/2lxyy60.jpg)

(IMG:http://i59.tinypic.com/ru8ku8.jpg)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Danny
post Sep 25 2014, 02:28 PM
Post #2

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,730

Kinda close to your first link, this is I believe our all-round best team:

(IMG:http://s21.postimg.org/ooch2c8d3/Untitled.png)

+Quote Post

acid911
post Sep 25 2014, 04:02 PM
Post #3

Berretti

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,736

Since Bonera will continue to start, we need a special change. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sleep.gif) Everyone at the back!

(IMG:http://i1061.photobucket.com/albums/t473/iamsuperman85/2014/bonera_tactics_zpsf92d7f1f.jpg)

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Sep 25 2014, 04:26 PM
Post #4

Prima Squadra

Member No.: 3,660

Back 3 is the way to go in Serie A IMO.

+Quote Post

acid911
post Sep 25 2014, 05:10 PM
Post #5

Berretti

Member No.: 3,736

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 25 2014, 09:26 PM) *
Back 3 is the way to go in Serie A IMO.

Indeed. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) I've always felt 3 in the back opens up a lot of possibilities. Creative possibilities up front, and you can add that extra player anywhere depending on the situation. But those three CBs have to be really good, and at least 2 of them should stay back at all time. The middle one can play as a sweeper.

Sadly, we neither have the quality, nor the stability to undergo such an adventure. If we go this route, the defense should be set in stone and don't change every other match.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 25 2014, 05:31 PM
Post #6

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

First formation for me is the best choice for us I think

Oh and I'll move the thread to the polls section

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Sep 25 2014, 06:44 PM
Post #7

It's a tricky matter. I keep having a change of heart every now and then, although in all honesty I think all three formations look good.

4-2-1-3 would allow us to have a more modern approach to the game, using attacking wingers and as well as the trequartista, plus giving enough cover to the defense with the double pivot.

4-3-2-1 is perhaps the more rational one, closest to what we've been playing, and with a more fluid midfield with Bonaventura instead of Muntari.

However, I think I'll have to agree with Kurt that a 3-man defense is perhaps the best way to go in Serie A. I actually like it a lot. It just clicks in everything. Defensive stability, use of wings and enough attacking power upfront. I just wish that if Pippo decides to go with it, he doesn't use a 5-man midfield like Juve, but 3-4-2-1 as I've put it above, because I absolutely want Menez and Honda behind Torres. I think it's more balanced as well, whereas 3-5-2 is more pragmatic and defensive-minded. Not to mention we would need different players in midfield.

So yeah, I'll give my vote to the last one this time.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 25 2014, 08:05 PM
Post #8

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

I don't think we'll ever use a 3-man midfield, it might morph into it during a game when we're attacking for example, but I can't see us actually utilising such a system, and I personally wouldn't want us to as I don't think we have defenders capable of pulling it off, they're already struggling in a system which in theory they should be comfortable with, can't imagine them trying to adapt to a 3-man defensive system

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Sep 25 2014, 08:13 PM
Post #9

Anything is possible.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 25 2014, 08:20 PM
Post #10

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 25 2014, 08:13 PM) *
Anything is possible.

Well of course, but I just don't think that will be something Pippo tries tbh

+Quote Post

Danny
post Sep 25 2014, 10:41 PM
Post #11

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,730

I don't want 3 at the back. I'll say that now. Milan do not use a 3 at the back and to have one that works requires astoundingly hard working wing backs plus 3 excellent CBs who have a borderline telepathic understanding with each other.

It's something you take ages to work on - we don't have that luxury of time.

Furthermore a 3 at the back requires the defenders to be particularly big and strong. Only Alex fits into that. Mexes is a liability although he is big and strong, while Rami is neither big nor strong. Zapata is physical and fast but hardly a man mountain.

Nah, 4 at the back for me.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 26 2014, 08:29 AM
Post #12

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Danny @ Sep 25 2014, 10:41 PM) *
I don't want 3 at the back. I'll say that now. Milan do not use a 3 at the back and to have one that works requires astoundingly hard working wing backs plus 3 excellent CBs who have a borderline telepathic understanding with each other.

Agree with this completely. It's why I said that I don't like a 3-man defence in the other thread, because so many factors need to be taken into account and it's a complex tactical system to actually make work

+Quote Post

littlechris
post Sep 26 2014, 09:35 AM
Post #13

Pulcini Provinciali 98

Member No.: 1,747

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 25 2014, 03:08 PM) *
After four games I think we've all more or less formed an idea of what this team is capable of. Our strengths, our weaknesses, the areas of potential growth etc. So, what is in your opinion the formation Pippo can play based on what you've seen so far?

Obviously the player choices can be different, I just went with the most popular ones (like Rami and Alex as CBs). Also I believe we can all agree that Menez and Honda are best utilized as free roamers behind the striker in choices 2 and 3, but another option would be for Honda as AM behind Menez and Torres.

Please vote and give your opinion.

PS: Move thread to Polls if possible as I can't post in there.

(IMG:http://i57.tinypic.com/2624h0j.jpg)

(IMG:http://i60.tinypic.com/2lxyy60.jpg)

(IMG:http://i59.tinypic.com/ru8ku8.jpg)

One of the fundamental problems at Milan is playing players out of positions particularly midfielder interpreting wing roles. Now Menez is an accomplished winger why not flank both him El Sharaawy and put Honda behind the striker? If one of El92/Menez is unavailable then Honda/Bona can be improvised wingers.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Sep 26 2014, 10:54 AM
Post #14

QUOTE (littlechris @ Sep 26 2014, 09:35 AM) *
One of the fundamental problems at Milan is playing players out of positions particularly midfielder interpreting wing roles. Now Menez is an accomplished winger why not flank both him El Sharaawy and put Honda behind the striker? If one of El92/Menez is unavailable then Honda/Bona can be improvised wingers.

I know where you're coming from, but the thing is that Menez is our best player in terms of, well, everything. Speed, skills, vision etc. so Pippo wants to give him a free roaming role that can best utilize his strengths. If played on the right wing it would limit his positioning and impact (funny though how that doesn't apply to Honda for him). That's why I think a 2-1 attack with him and Honda as free roamers behind Torres would be best.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Sep 26 2014, 11:00 AM
Post #15

QUOTE (Danny @ Sep 25 2014, 10:41 PM) *

Furthermore a 3 at the back requires the defenders to be particularly big and strong. Only Alex fits into that. Mexes is a liability although he is big and strong, while Rami is neither big nor strong. Zapata is physical and fast but hardly a man mountain.

Nah, 4 at the back for me.

I think you're exaggerating there. Juve switched to 3-5-2 in mid-season under Conte when their 4-2-4 wasn't working, it immediately brought results. We have hard-working fullbacks, that's not a problem. Our CBs might need some time to adapt, but I don't agree that they're not "big" nor "strong" as you put it. Mexes, Alex and Rami are all that. Zapata is not big but he's very strong. Though I think we would need at least one left-footed CB for it to work properly.

That being said, I understand why some of you are skeptical about it. It's something entirely different, but that doen't mean we can't give it a try. 7 out of 20 Serie A teams already utilize it.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 09:43 PM