Guests cannot vote 

Fillipo Simone
post Sep 23 2014, 10:00 PM
Post #1

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,564

So, a two-sided match. We showed some brighter things, but the mistakes we made were just plainly terrible. I'm gonna rate the players this time:

Abbiati - 6.5 - looked a bit shaky (as usual) when absorbing the ball, but was fine all in all and not at fault the goals.

MDS - 6 - tried much, did something good going forward, but still lacks concentration in defense.
Bonera - 4 - terrible performance. No pace, no positioning, poor marking and overall movement. Painful to watch.
Zapata - 4.5. - only slightly better then his partner. Never covered Bonera's obvious lack of speed and looked vulnerable in aerial challenges.
Abate - 7.5 - very good performance. Keeps on piling up assists and doing an overall fine job. Just some minor defensive mistakes made me not give him an 8. Today's MOM for me.

Nigel de Jong - 5.5 - he wasn't master of his space, didn't have control over the backline (not his fault at most) and lacked precision and more presence.
Marco van Ginkel - / - no real chance to prove himself, but started rather "Poliesque".
Sulley Muntari - 4 - nervous, tactically unorganized and completely off when it comes to marking and spatial movement (positioning), one of the worst today.

Jeremy Menez - 6.5 - worked hardly, succeeded sometimes; we need a player like him, he has grit and determination. Only problem is his diving habit (today not so evident but still present).
Keisuke Honda - 6 - showed more determination in the second half, but lacked what Menez has - grit and especially more precision. He's not fast, not the best dribbler, but he's simply got to be more precise for a #10
Fernando Torres - 7 - slowly grew on me; showed some really nice skill, scored the goal and looked finally as a true striker with presence. We need that to be consistently done.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Jack Bauer
post Sep 23 2014, 10:07 PM
Post #2

Allievi Regionali B

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 6,705

Top - Abate
Flop - Bonera but Muntari came very close. Both are pure garbage.
PIppo - Learn faster.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Sep 23 2014, 10:11 PM
Post #3

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

MOM - Abate hands down. Two assists (could have been there if Torres had scored there) and lots of hard work and determination.

Flop - Bonera, followed by Muntari. The two nightmares that just won't seem to go. Bonera was absolutely appalling, perhaps even topping his Sassuolo performance. At fault at both goals. Muntari was just... Muntari. Lazy, unorganized, terrible with the ball and almost got red carded.

I also thought De Sciglio was quite poor today (which is becoming a constant with him) and De Jong was rather sloppy, not his usual self.

Menez and Torres were very good. That post man! If only the ball was a few centimeters below. Honda was good as well, but I agree with Fillipo that for a #10 he should be more precise and smarter.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 23 2014, 10:47 PM
Post #4

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

I don't really have anything to add to what you guys said, Abate very obviously MoM for me and that's 2 games in a row now that I've given it to him, he's really setting the bar high this season.

Menez was great as usual, Honda as well, very good second half but the frustration he shows when he's stuck wide on that right side cannot be ignored, he either needs to play through the center in a 4-2-3-1 or in midfield in the 4-3-3 Pippo wants to use. Torres was awesome imo, great movement, great dribbling, great technique especially with that goal. I see good things for him in the future if he continues in this manner. Bonaventura and Poli also deserve a mention as they put in some great work in that second half

The flops were obvious for me. Bonera at his absolute peek of hilarity, even worse the fact that he tried to blame his team mates for his awful positioning and marking on both goals. Muntari was close second but it was great to see Pippo recognizing his glaring mistake to start him and yanking him off at HT. Zapata and DS were also bad. Zapata was really awful in fact and didn't help matters much, him and Bonera were like the footballing equivalence to Beavis and Butthead

+Quote Post

Danny
post Sep 23 2014, 11:35 PM
Post #5

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,730

Torres MOTM for me.

Flop Bonera.

Flop Pippo. The team got the point despite his attempts otherwise. Needs to pick the best players we have.

+Quote Post

KillerMax
post Sep 24 2014, 12:11 AM
Post #6

Allievi Nazionali

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 1,388

Top: Abate
Flop: Boner-head
Inzaghi: (IMG:style_emoticons/default/realmad.gif)

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Sep 24 2014, 12:33 AM
Post #7

Boner-head (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Sep 24 2014, 08:15 AM
Post #8

Primavera
Group Icon

Who voted Menez as flop?

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Sep 24 2014, 11:00 AM
Post #9

Obviously someone confused MoM with flop as Muntari also has a vote under MoM. That, or we have a troll lurking around.

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Sep 24 2014, 11:38 AM
Post #10

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

Oh no. Just me not having had enough coffee in the morning. Sorry. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) Please flip around my votes. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blush.gif)

+Quote Post

Danny
post Sep 24 2014, 11:51 AM
Post #11

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,730

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Sep 24 2014, 10:38 AM) *
Oh no. Just me not having had enough coffee in the morning. Sorry. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) Please flip around my votes. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blush.gif)

You're a moderator ya div. You can do it yourself!

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 24 2014, 11:54 AM
Post #12

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Danny @ Sep 24 2014, 11:51 AM) *
You're a moderator ya div. You can do it yourself!

I think it has to be the poll creator to do it.

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Sep 24 2014, 12:04 PM
Post #13

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

Yup. Danny just hates me coz I'm good looking, charming, funny and great in bed while he's just good at computer games.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Sep 24 2014, 12:05 PM
Post #14

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Sep 24 2014, 12:13 PM
Post #15

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Sep 24 2014, 01:38 PM) *

So, Muntari flop and for top?

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:57 AM