Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Summer Transfers 2017

Danny
post Apr 14 2017, 02:45 PM
Post #31

Allievi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 6,730

Ahhhh to hear us talking about Milan quality players again. SOOOOOOOOOOOO NICE!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

han2503
post Apr 14 2017, 03:50 PM
Post #32

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Danny @ Apr 14 2017, 02:45 PM) *
Ahhhh to hear us talking about Milan quality players again. SOOOOOOOOOOOO NICE!

It's an amazing feeling for sure, let's see how things play out

Some key points regarding the squad from Fassone in the press conference were:
- Player renewals, they definitely want to lock down key players who have contracts running out, Suso, Donna and DeS were all mentioned + Deulofeu's situation
- Integrating more experienced players of a high calibre to help the young talent on the team
- Making a couple of very important signings this summer. The way he mentioned this point, I took it to mean that we'll be signing 1 or 2 top tier players and maybe a couple of very good ones
- They want the squad to be at the very least 70% complete before the team starts pre-season in July, so no more waiting until the last minute to see if we can beg someone to come play for us
- Montella was confirmed in his position and they want to collaborate with him in terms of transfer market decisions
- The transfer budget will be substantial. Now whether that's the 150m that's been mentioned or more is yet to be determined, but he emphasised that they want to get back into the CL pronto so I would assume that they're going to make the necessary moves required to achieve that
- He also admitted that there are teams in the league which are better than us and it's an issue that will be addressed. No more we're good as we are bull cr@p

So basically everything points to us finally having a proper, well thought out transfer campaign that is a joint effort with the coach

+Quote Post

Danny
post Apr 14 2017, 10:44 PM
Post #33

Allievi Nazionali

Yes, I saw a lot of the quotes. It LOOKS promising. I'm pleased Vince will get a chance with real money.

But we may find he's not big enough in time for Milan - hopefully he is, hopefully he's not 'able to work with poor resources but struggles with big ones'. Lots of managers like that.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Apr 15 2017, 09:54 AM
Post #34

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Danny @ Apr 14 2017, 10:44 PM) *
Yes, I saw a lot of the quotes. It LOOKS promising. I'm pleased Vince will get a chance with real money.

But we may find he's not big enough in time for Milan - hopefully he is, hopefully he's not 'able to work with poor resources but struggles with big ones'. Lots of managers like that.

Personally, I don't think that's the case, Montella has shown that he can be tactically diverse, not to mention that he doesn't just rely on a motivational factor to prepare his players (like say with Miha)

I have high hopes for Montella if he has the right resources to work with

If he doesn't live up to that we can look elsewhere, but I think that for now, he's the correct man to move ahead with, especially in this transitional phase

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Apr 15 2017, 09:56 AM
Post #35

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

Who knows. At the present moment, he's our biggest hope and chance.

And hopefully we'll make the transfers right this time.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Apr 15 2017, 10:03 AM
Post #36

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Apr 15 2017, 09:56 AM) *
Who knows. At the present moment, he's our biggest hope and chance.

And hopefully we'll make the transfers right this time.

Agreed

Plus I don't see any marquee type coach becoming available this summer

Carlo could be KO'd from the CL next week but I don't think Bayern will let him go just yet. Conte will definitely stay on at Chelsea, same with Sarri at Napoli, Mourinho at Chelsea and Klopp at Liverpool. Guardiola could be the only one available but his time at Man City is worrying, he's never been able to replicate what he did at Barca with another team, and unless we have a top class side capable of playing his style (which he's never shown to be able to deviate from no matter the players he has), it would be a complete failure

Any other coach would be a redundant exercise imo, because I think Montella is one of the best in his tier in terms of coaches

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Apr 15 2017, 04:07 PM
Post #37

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

Agreed about Montella. No reason whatsoever to let him go. He's done well with the limited resources he has.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Apr 15 2017, 07:33 PM
Post #38

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Apr 15 2017, 04:07 PM) *
Agreed about Montella. No reason whatsoever to let him go. He's done well with the limited resources he has.

You'd think. But it really is Li's trainset now, and whatever he has planned for Milan is up to him and the board.

If they simply don't like Vince, he's gone. New regimes more often than not simply like having their own men even if the existing one is doing well enough - simply because he isn't theirs.

For Abramovich/Chelsea see Ranieri. For City see Hughes.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Apr 15 2017, 08:09 PM
Post #39

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Danny @ Apr 15 2017, 07:33 PM) *
You'd think. But it really is Li's trainset now, and whatever he has planned for Milan is up to him and the board.

If they simply don't like Vince, he's gone. New regimes more often than not simply like having their own men even if the existing one is doing well enough - simply because he isn't theirs.

For Abramovich/Chelsea see Ranieri. For City see Hughes.

True, but Montella was a joint decision between the previous management and the new one. Fassone confirmed this yesterday

Either way I personally think he'll still be Milan coach next season. Now whether he can live up to the lofty expectations the new management have is another thing altogether, especially if they provide him with quality signings

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Apr 16 2017, 12:43 AM
Post #40

QUOTE (han2503 @ Apr 15 2017, 08:09 PM) *
True, but Montella was a joint decision between the previous management and the new one. Fassone confirmed this yesterday

Indeed.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Apr 16 2017, 02:10 AM
Post #41

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (han2503 @ Apr 15 2017, 08:09 PM) *

Either way I personally think he'll still be Milan coach next season. Now whether he can live up to the lofty expectations the new management have is another thing altogether, especially if they provide him with quality signings

If Lux etc had a hand in this decision, I'd say he's more protected then. Not entirely, he's only 50% their man. But that's much better than it being 0. But yes, lofty expectations they will be.

PS is anyone yet starting to have doubts about Donnarumma yet or will I remain alone on that one too?

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Apr 16 2017, 04:17 PM
Post #42

QUOTE (Danny @ Apr 16 2017, 02:10 AM) *
PS is anyone yet starting to have doubts about Donnarumma yet or will I remain alone on that one too?

I think you'll remain alone, mainly because I think you fail to realize that the kid's only 18. No goalie has shown such promise in such an early age since Buffon 20 years ago.

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Apr 16 2017, 07:16 PM
Post #43

Smoking Bianco

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 191

The positions to be filled are a cb, a fb, two midfielders and two strikers cause Bacca can go bacca himself off.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Apr 16 2017, 08:34 PM
Post #44

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Apr 16 2017, 04:17 PM) *
I think you'll remain alone, mainly because I think you fail to realize that the kid's only 18. No goalie has shown such promise in such an early age since Buffon 20 years ago.

I do love the 'the kid is only 18' fallacy that is being used over and over again. We have a phrase here in the UK:

'If you're good enough, you're old enough'.

People regularly cut Donnarumma slack 'because he's 18', but guess what - he's AC Milan's goalkeeper - his age should NOT be a factor to justify his mistakes and his 'learning'.

He has been given that position not 'because he's 18', but because he's supposed to be good enough.

Well in the past 6 months, he hasn't been - whether he's 18, 28, or 38 doesn't matter. I'd have agreed that 6 months ago he was indeed showing that astonishing promise you allude to - but for me since then he's gone backwards and simply has not developed.

In short, he is no better than he was, and is definitely worse.

I'm not saying he's absolutely rubbish, but he definitely hasn't improved or learned much in the past half year, which is exactly what an 18 year old kid is supposed to do.

Both goals, the first one especially on Sunday, worried me hugely. A world class goalie would have saved that.

'But it's ok, he's only 18'.

Oh well, it's ok we didn't win then! It costs us points and goals, you know.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Apr 16 2017, 08:35 PM
Post #45

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Apr 16 2017, 07:16 PM) *
The positions to be filled are a cb, a fb, two midfielders and two strikers cause Bacca can go bacca himself off.

Something about Bacca doesn't fit this system. Never did. Yet despite it, he's still our top scorer with a one in two ratio this season and the highest shot conversion rate in Serie A, I believe.

+Quote Post

114 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:42 PM