> Serie A - Week 1 - Crotone - Milan, Date: 20/08/2017 Time: 20:45 CET

X-Offender
post Aug 22 2017, 12:40 PM
Post #91

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

QUOTE (Danny @ Aug 22 2017, 11:53 AM) *
Wow, on the contrary he's done nothing to justify it either! If you're actually saying arguably the two easiest matches the defence will have all season prove he's worth every penny, that's actually more concerning than me being cautious.

I never said that. I just find your criticism very rushed and unfounded.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Danny
post Aug 22 2017, 02:00 PM
Post #92

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,730

Odd. D'Arc said:

"Bonucci: 6.5 - Same assesment like the Musacchios but in fact Leo struggled a little. The captains armband shouldnt be so heavy for him. Also he tried some long passes and not all of them hit. Its only normal till the players are get used to each other."

So, not so unfounded.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Aug 22 2017, 02:09 PM
Post #93

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

That's a fair criticism. Yours was way too heavy and out of place. "He isn't convincing he wants to be here" Are you serious?

But I won't argue any further cos I know we'll end up frustrating each other. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post

Danny
post Aug 22 2017, 02:32 PM
Post #94

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 22 2017, 02:09 PM) *
That's a fair criticism. Yours was way too heavy and out of place. "He isn't convincing he wants to be here" Are you serious?

Until he plays like a 40M defender, yes. Until he plays like one of the best defenders around, yes. I expected more and can only speculate as to why he isn't. His defending thus far is average, he hasn't commanded his box, and he's been diabolical in the air. If he wants to be here, I really wonder why he's playing so underwhelmingly.

But I won't argue any further cos I know we'll end up frustrating each other. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Wise young man! This truly is how I see debate. Exchange some views, and if no agreement is in sight after about two or three passes, what's the point in continuing. Just respect each other and move on (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post

Ry4n
post Aug 22 2017, 03:10 PM
Post #95

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 932

QUOTE (Danny @ Aug 22 2017, 10:59 AM) *
It's not what he does before kick off (nice swallowing of club propaganda btw), it's how he looks during the match. And sorry, he's not living up to the hype. I bought into this signing as much as most others, but I reserve the right to be concerned and to have an opinion which doesn't follow the herd.

Soon as he looks like a 40M defender I'll be first in line to praise him.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

To me he will always be an inter/juve player sorry until he surpasses Inzaghi , Pirlo ( Even though he left us to Juve i still hold him in high esteem ) , Seedorf ect ect ill wait and see..

You must earn the T shirt and it takes time.

This post has been edited by Ry4n: Aug 22 2017, 03:12 PM

+Quote Post

han2503
post Aug 22 2017, 03:14 PM
Post #96

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 22 2017, 12:40 PM) *
I never said that. I just find your criticism very rushed and unfounded.

What's new with Danny though? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

Are you guys seriously questioning if Bonucci is good enough to justify being at Milan? After going through defences that contained Zapata, Paletta, Alex, Mexes, Ely, etc???

We finally have a top class CB in the team and you still find things to nit pick about, honestly goes to show that people have nothing to complain about so they're splitting hairs about the most obscure things. Bonucci losing an aerial dual suddenly means that he looks like he doesn't want to be here? Bonucci is the one that pushed through the move to Milan, he wanted Milan at all costs, I'm sure Juventus would have rather sold him for the 60m City were offering, and Bonucci would have gotten better paid as well

Bonucci is coming from a team where the system has been drilled into all the players, it will take time for him to fully acclimate to a new way of playing. Let's not forget that he's been in a Juve bubble for over 6 years now, even with Italy he always played in the so called Juve set up.

As for his leadership, even the other players have said that he's brought more professionalism into the dressing room

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Aug 22 2017, 07:15 PM
Post #97

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

QUOTE (Danny @ Aug 22 2017, 08:59 AM) *
It's not what he does before kick off (nice swallowing of club propaganda btw), it's how he looks during the match. And sorry, he's not living up to the hype. I bought into this signing as much as most others, but I reserve the right to be concerned and to have an opinion which doesn't follow the herd.

Soon as he looks like a 40M defender I'll be first in line to praise him.

QUOTE (Danny @ Aug 22 2017, 01:53 PM) *
Wow, on the contrary he's done nothing to justify it either! If you're actually saying arguably the two easiest matches the defence will have all season prove he's worth every penny, that's actually more concerning than me being cautious.

Hmh, I'm really stunned. Now come on man, after two matches you're already prepared to say "he's not living up the hype" even though both matches ended up with a total of zero conceded goals? This is ridiculous man, come on!

And please tell me, what should he do to justify his prize tag exactly? Stop every single attack with Jedi mind tricks? Oh well...

+Quote Post

Fishdoll
post Aug 22 2017, 09:30 PM
Post #98

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 7,075

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Aug 22 2017, 02:15 PM) *
And please tell me, what should he do to justify his prize tag exactly? Stop every single attack with Jedi mind tricks? Oh well...

He could wiggle his tushie more! This fish would certainly approve of that! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/devilsmiley.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/devilsmiley.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/devilsmiley.gif)

+Quote Post

Danny
post Aug 22 2017, 09:34 PM
Post #99

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Aug 22 2017, 07:15 PM) *
Hmh, I'm really stunned. Now come on man, after two matches you're already prepared to say "he's not living up the hype" even though both matches ended up with a total of zero conceded goals? This is ridiculous man, come on!

Are you actually saying the worst European team we've faced near enough in our recent history and a 10-man Crotone are anything like a test for a the defence we have?

He has not looked good in either match. Anyone saying otherwise is just talking out their backside. This is not me condemning him to the wastelands of Onyewu, I am just calling a spade a spade - hopefully we see something like the level of defending I'd expect from a player of his magnitude.

So far I've seen very little better than any of our old defenders would do.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Aug 22 2017, 09:35 PM
Post #100

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 22 2017, 03:14 PM) *
Are you guys seriously questioning if Bonucci is good enough to justify being at Milan?

No.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Aug 22 2017, 09:36 PM
Post #101

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (Ry4n @ Aug 22 2017, 03:10 PM) *
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

To me he will always be an inter/juve player sorry until he surpasses Inzaghi , Pirlo ( Even though he left us to Juve i still hold him in high esteem ) , Seedorf ect ect ill wait and see..

You must earn the T shirt and it takes time.

Well said. He hasn't yet. He is a theoretically brilliant defender and I can't wait to see him produce that level of performance.

So far that he hasn't is not exactly thrilling, but plenty of time to improve.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Aug 22 2017, 09:40 PM
Post #102

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Aug 22 2017, 07:15 PM) *
And please tell me, what should he do to justify his prize tag exactly?

Not be beaten with ease in the air inside a minute outside the box by a Crotone striker would be a good start I suppose.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Aug 23 2017, 07:15 AM
Post #103

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Danny @ Aug 22 2017, 09:36 PM) *
Well said. He hasn't yet. He is a theoretically brilliant defender and I can't wait to see him produce that level of performance.

So far that he hasn't is not exactly thrilling, but plenty of time to improve.

But what does his past have to do with anything. Ryan is clearly prejudiced against him because he was at Juve, as he said from minute one that he came back on this board

So what if he was at Juve? Does it really matter?

And really I don't get what you guys wanted from him in the 2 games he's played? Maybe swashbuckling football where he walks the ball into the goal 3 times and tells Musacchio/Zapata to take early showers so he could handle the defending on his own...

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Aug 23 2017, 07:53 AM
Post #104

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

QUOTE (Danny @ Aug 22 2017, 11:34 PM) *
Are you actually saying the worst European team we've faced near enough in our recent history and a 10-man Crotone are anything like a test for a the defence we have?

He has not looked good in either match. Anyone saying otherwise is just talking out their backside. This is not me condemning him to the wastelands of Onyewu, I am just calling a spade a spade - hopefully we see something like the level of defending I'd expect from a player of his magnitude.

So far I've seen very little better than any of our old defenders would do.

Well, I don't think it's time to call him anything because the man made just his Serie A debut in a completely new environment and a defense made out of two kids, one ex-Buli player and one ex-Primera player. I think we should give them time no matter what. But fact is, he hasn't done anything wrong. I've seen all world class defenders getting beaten in the air hundreds of times.

But your last sentence is really untrue IMO. Clearly you haven't seen enough of Paletta and co. Then a 10 men Crotone would have been faced by a 10 men Milan.

+Quote Post

milanbuf88
post Aug 23 2017, 08:07 AM
Post #105

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Member No.: 7,674

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Aug 23 2017, 03:53 AM) *
But your last sentence is really untrue IMO. Clearly you haven't seen enough of Paletta and co. Then a 10 men Crotone would have been faced by a 10 men Milan.

This is the key bit to me. Paletta and Zapata rarely ever looked comfortable or composed for the length of a match with the ball at their feet. Ball handling might not be a traditional skill for a CB but it is clearly very important in the modern game, especially with the tactics that Montella wants to employ. Bonucci and Musacchio looked very confident both defensively and in position. Not once did I have the half heart attack that routinely occurred with Paletta and Zapata last year.

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 09:15 PM