> Franco Baresi, Defender

KillerMax
post Aug 22 2006, 11:50 PM
Post #16

Allievi Nazionali

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 1,388

QUOTE (LaPalma @ Aug 22 2006, 09:07 AM)
You surely can compare him to Nesta, but Baresi and Maldini are above them. They are legends.
You know, there are good defenders like Stam or maybe even Kaladze, then there are awesome and outstanding defenders like Nesta and Cannavaro and then there are Maldini and Baresi (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

word.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

dudernahata
post Aug 23 2006, 11:49 PM
Post #17

Esordienti B 96

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 572

QUOTE (GULLIVER @ Aug 22 2006, 11:16 AM)
Nesta with the quality of game he shows can be equal to Maldini and Baresi and at the same time not be a legend.

Cannavaro is something like that - quality of game, leadership, etc.  but not a legend

no way man, when people think of a defender they compare them to baresi or maldini. the world never knew of such defenders. cannavaro is great and a great leader but remember that baresi and maldini are also great leaders for their teams and countries. nesta isnt near baresi or maldini when they were in their prime.

+Quote Post

GULLIVER
post Aug 24 2006, 01:53 AM
Post #18

Esordienti A 95

Member No.: 1,214

QUOTE (dudernahata @ Aug 24 2006, 02:49 AM)
no way man, when people think of a defender they compare them to baresi or maldini. the world never knew of such defenders. cannavaro is great and a great leader but remember that baresi and maldini are also great leaders for their teams and countries. nesta isnt near baresi or maldini when they were in their prime.

Someday you'll talk other way... Time decides everything

+Quote Post

amancik
post Aug 24 2006, 09:12 AM
Post #19

Milanfan to Death

Member No.: 11

QUOTE (LaPalma @ Aug 22 2006, 04:07 PM)
You surely can compare him to Nesta, but Baresi and Maldini are above them. They are legends.
You know, there are good defenders like Stam or maybe even Kaladze, then there are awesome and outstanding defenders like Nesta and Cannavaro and then there are Maldini and Baresi (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

absolutely true ...

1) Legends = Maldini, Baresi
2) Outstanding Defenders = Nesta, Cannavaro
3) Solid Defenders = Stam, Puyol, Thuram
4) Good Defenders = Kaladze, Gallas

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Aug 24 2006, 09:15 AM
Post #20

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,865

Really, I thought Gallas was as good as Stam...otherwise y are we touting him as our Stam replacement??

+Quote Post

amancik
post Aug 24 2006, 09:22 AM
Post #21

Milanfan to Death

Member No.: 11

yeah I wasn't so sure where to put Gallas ... that classification is just an example of how I would put these defenders in order of their defending abilities ...

I don't think Gallas could be a direct replacement for Stam but it would certainly fill the gap ...

+Quote Post

GULLIVER
post Aug 24 2006, 10:39 AM
Post #22

Esordienti A 95

Member No.: 1,214

QUOTE (amancik @ Aug 24 2006, 12:12 PM)
absolutely true ...

edit

*Legend -- isn't the indication of the quality of their game ONLY

Legend -- isn't the indication of the quality of their game

This post has been edited by GULLIVER: Aug 24 2006, 10:42 AM

+Quote Post

LaPalma
post Aug 24 2006, 12:40 PM
Post #23

Insert cool title here<--
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,792

QUOTE (amancik @ Aug 24 2006, 08:12 AM)
absolutely true ...

To me Thuram is definetely more than solid, he's definetely outstanding, and I guess in France he's a legend too. Oh and puyol too, is more than solid I'd say.

+Quote Post

KillerMax
post Aug 24 2006, 02:13 PM
Post #24

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (LaPalma @ Aug 24 2006, 05:40 AM)
To me Thuram is definetely more than solid, he's definetely outstanding, and I guess in France he's a legend too. Oh and puyol too, is more than solid I'd say.

Nah, I agree with him. None of those defenders(Puyol and Thuram) have the class and elegance of Nesta and Cannavaro. They are still very good though.

+Quote Post

dst
post Aug 24 2006, 04:36 PM
Post #25

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 911

Puyol's definetely in Nesta's league and Gallas is definetely more than just any good defender. Kaladze on the other hand is well .. let's just say he's bad!!!

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Aug 24 2006, 04:37 PM
Post #26

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

QUOTE (dst @ Aug 24 2006, 04:36 PM)
Kaladze on the other hand is well .. let's just say he's bad!!!

No, no, no. Another player we don't agree there dst. (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post

KillerMax
post Aug 24 2006, 06:45 PM
Post #27

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (dst @ Aug 24 2006, 09:36 AM)
Puyol's definetely in Nesta's league and Gallas is definetely more than just any good defender. Kaladze on the other hand is well .. let's just say he's bad!!!

Puyol is in Nesta's league? (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) Wow, you don't have a clue how lucky we are to have him... When he gets back in form you'll see that he is the best defender in the world Period. Puyol lacks class. A lot of it. He is a defender version of Gattuso and he will never get close to Nesta's class.

+Quote Post

misha
post Aug 24 2006, 06:53 PM
Post #28

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 787

QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Aug 24 2006, 07:45 PM)
Puyol is in Nesta's league? (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) Wow, you don't have a clue how lucky we are to have him... When he gets back in form you'll see that he is the best defender in the world Period. Puyol lacks class. A lot of it. He is a defender version of Gattuso and he will never get close to Nesta's class.

It's hard to compare between them but I would say that Nesta is a little bit better

+Quote Post

dst
post Aug 24 2006, 08:41 PM
Post #29

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 911

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 24 2006, 06:37 PM)
No, no, no. Another player we don't agree there dst. (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

it's healthy (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Aug 24 2006, 08:45 PM)

well ... I've been watching Nesta play for 7-8 years now so that gives me a clue I think. I remember him since his Lazio days and I know that he's the best defender in the world. I got his shirt and he along with Maldini is the reason why I loved defence so much. Stealing the ball is an art the way they do it. so ... I sure know we're lucky to have him!!!

All that has nothing to do with Puyol!!!! Ofcourse Nesta is a better player but tell me why is Cannavaro in Nesta's league and Puyol isn't? Puyol has been amazing for the past two years and in the World Cup while Cannavaro had only had a great WC but two mediocre seasons!!! Puyol is 28 and Cannavaro 33 ... Fabio at 28 was nowhere near Puyol!!!

+Quote Post

KillerMax
post Aug 25 2006, 09:08 AM
Post #30

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (dst @ Aug 24 2006, 01:41 PM)
it's healthy  (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
well ... I've been watching Nesta play for 7-8 years now so that gives me a clue I think. I remember him since his Lazio days and I know that he's the best defender in the world. I got his shirt and he along with Maldini is the reason why I loved defence so much. Stealing the ball is an art the way they do it. so ... I sure know we're lucky to have him!!!

All that has nothing to do with Puyol!!!! Ofcourse Nesta is a better player but tell me why is Cannavaro in Nesta's league and Puyol isn't? Puyol has been amazing for the past two years and in the World Cup while Cannavaro had only had a great WC but two mediocre seasons!!! Puyol is 28 and Cannavaro 33 ... Fabio at 28 was nowhere near Puyol!!!

IMO:
Nesta>Cannavaro>Puyol (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:39 PM