han2503
post Mar 4 2017, 08:46 AM
Post #46

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Feb 27 2017, 06:34 AM) *
Bringing up the Niang thing again, I too thought it was just a mentality thing - but then I read this very interesting interview by Acerbi on football-italia.

He's doing really well at Sassuolo, so again I imagined it was mismanagement from our side. But he was honest enough to say that when he was in Milan he was 5 kgs overweight and his mentality was that he'd made it. So he felt he was in a big side, and could coast from then on.

That puts things in a different perspective I think. Quite a lot of players who suddenly seem to take their foot off the accelerator once they make it to a big club and then just seem to flop. Maybe we think they can't handle the pressure, but quite possibly it could be they're not putting in an honest shift at all.

With Niang- if you look at his last few games, it seems more like he wasn't trying at all - versus trying too much. For e.g. Suso tends to try too much, get frustrated and angry. Niang looked like he couldn't be bothered. A lot like Balotelli. Once he's made that immediate impact he thinks he's owed something and likes to chill.

Well Balo actually did something for the club, Niang never even got to that point

And I do think what you're saying is a valid point but I also think there are cases where players generally like to be the big fish in the small pond and get swallowed up once they're at sea.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:52 PM