post May 30 2009, 05:54 AM
Post #31

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 932

Channel Four Football Italia News

Link: http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/may29u.html

Florence pays tribute to Maldini Friday 29 May, 2009

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fiorentina have planned a tribute to Paolo Maldini as he plays his final game at the Stadio Artemio Franchi.

“Maldini deserves great recognition and so we thought of a small initiative in his honour,” revealed President Andrea Della Valle on Radio Blu.

Coach Cesare Prandelli also commented on the plans to celebrate Maldini’s career.

“He is one of the last great ‘bandiera’ figures of football, having dedicated 25 years to Milan. He set an extraordinary example as a great man and player.

“I have wonderful memories of him, as when he was young he already had real character. Maldini always respected the opponents and is an example to be followed,” continued Prandelli.

“On Sunday we will stand up and applaud Maldini, I thank Florence for giving him the right welcome.”

This is a kinder way of ending his career, as the final game at San Siro was marred by a protest from a section of the Rossoneri supporters.

They unfurled banners calling him a ‘mercenary’ and declaring ‘there is only one captain – Franco Baresi.’

The Stadio Franchi hosts a crunch match and if Milan lose by two clear goals, then Fiorentina will enter the Champions League directly, bumping the Rossoneri into the preliminary round.

Nonetheless, there promises to be a party atmosphere in Florence no matter what the result.

“Our objective was fourth place this season and we have already achieved it,” added Della Valle. Now against Milan we must try to give another moment of immense joy to our deserving fans.”

This post has been edited by Ry4n: May 30 2009, 06:19 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

TriniKing_CE
post May 30 2009, 06:02 AM
Post #32

CrAzY EyeS

Member No.: 3,723

Fiorentina > Curva Sud

+Quote Post

dst
post May 30 2009, 10:36 AM
Post #33

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 911

QUOTE (Stefano Di Nardo @ May 30 2009, 05:51 AM) *
Actually, Rizzoli is from the Mirandola in Emilia-Romagna, so he is mirandolese and not fiorentino (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

I just hope Milan get a fair chance to play their game because referees have cost us too much this season (from the Seedorf goal wrongly disallowed for handball, to the Adriano fiasco, to last week's foul on Zambrotta in the box (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif) )

Welcome!

QUOTE (TriniKing_CE @ May 30 2009, 08:02 AM) *
Fiorentina > Curva Sud

Fiorentina > Milan

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post May 30 2009, 12:30 PM
Post #34

Primavera

Member No.: 1,265

Milan (4-3-1-2): Dida; Zambrotta, Favalli, Maldini, Jankulovski; Gattuso, Pirlo, Flamini; Seedorf, Kakà; Inzaghi.

Probable lineup. (IMG:http://tinypic.info/files/1yddl3sptx1gcp5929wr.gif)

Nesta will travel with the team (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif) I doubt we'll see him on pitch though.

+Quote Post

dst
post May 30 2009, 12:52 PM
Post #35

Primavera
Group Icon

Nesta will travel with the team!?!? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/yahoo.gif)

+Quote Post

vahid
post May 30 2009, 02:59 PM
Post #36

Esordienti A 95

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 3,912

QUOTE (dst @ May 30 2009, 11:52 AM) *
Nesta will travel with the team!?!? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/yahoo.gif)

Yes.
Maybe we can see Maldini-Nesta on the pitch for the last time (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

MILANELLO - These are the 21 called-up players of Carlo Ancelotti for Fiorentina-Milan:

Dida, Kalac, Perucchini, Antonini, Darmian, Favalli, Jankulovski, Maldini, Nesta, Senderos, Zambrotta, Beckham, Flamini, Gattuso, Pirlo, Seedorf, Inzaghi, Kakà, Shevchenko, Ronaldinho, Pato.
Unavailable players: Abbiati, Bonera, Kaladze, Cardacio, Borriello, Viudez.
Players not called-up: Mattioni.

+Quote Post

6Best
post May 30 2009, 04:00 PM
Post #37

Pulcini Provinciali 98

Member No.: 6,299

QUOTE (vahid @ May 30 2009, 07:59 PM) *
Yes.
Maybe we can see Maldini-Nesta on the pitch for the last time (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

MILANELLO - These are the 21 called-up players of Carlo Ancelotti for Fiorentina-Milan:

Dida, Kalac, Perucchini, Antonini, Darmian, Favalli, Jankulovski, Maldini, Nesta, Senderos, Zambrotta, Beckham, Flamini, Gattuso, Pirlo, Seedorf, Inzaghi, Kakà, Shevchenko, Ronaldinho, Pato.
Unavailable players: Abbiati, Bonera, Kaladze, Cardacio, Borriello, Viudez.
Players not called-up: Mattioni.

Unfortunately , he won't play . (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

+Quote Post

han2503
post May 30 2009, 04:25 PM
Post #38

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Zed.D @ May 30 2009, 12:30 PM) *
Probable lineup. (IMG:http://tinypic.info/files/1yddl3sptx1gcp5929wr.gif)

Nesta will travel with the team (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif) I doubt we'll see him on pitch though.

Looks like Carlo wants the chances of facing Milan next year in the CL to be lessened by sending us through preliminaries.

That's the only logical thing I could come up with of why he would choose that line-up

Pippo's purple patch has come at an ubrupt end, just like I knew it would.
Kaka is way off his game.
Pato is barely getting a look in and looks rusty whenever he gets his usual 20 minutes
Seedorf does not actually deserve a comment regarding how he's playing (praying every night that he hops on the jet to merry old London with Carlo)
Using 2 defensive midfielders is never a good thing.
Janku is terrible atm
And Favalii wasn't that great against Roma either

Now the obvious first 11 based on how the players have been playing in the last few games just picks itself out, and itspretty obvious but I guess Carlo just likes to be a reble (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif) I really hate what he's doing to Milan atm.

Flamini--Favalli--Maldini--Zambro
Rino--Pirlo--Seedorf
Dinho
Pato--Sheva

The defence picks itself out. Rino obviously gets ahead of Ambro, I still put Seedorf in there but atleast he's not playing in the AM role, which is where he really stinks up the place. And if he did not play we would be left with Ambro and Rino which wouldn't be pretty let me tell you.

Kaka needs to be benched bu it's obvious he won't so he'll play tomorrow. Pato needs to be in that starting line-up and Sheva looked really good whenever he's gotten a look in lately (mostly firendlies) same goes for Dinho. And I think Sheva and Pato have a much better understanding then Pippo and Pato have

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post May 30 2009, 04:51 PM
Post #39

Primavera

Member No.: 1,265

I like your formation/lineup but we both know it's unlikely Carlo's going to 'risk' all that much and play with two strikers! I think we'll see the same old Christmas tree [hopefully for the last time].

We will not change attitude or tactics.

From Carlo's press conference.

No comment.

+Quote Post

han2503
post May 30 2009, 04:54 PM
Post #40

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

Someone should tell Carlo that the reason we are in this situation is because of his stubborn nature and his unwillingness to change attitude or tactics (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post May 30 2009, 05:02 PM
Post #41

Prima Squadra

Member No.: 3,660

Carlo acts like a 6 year old, pathetic.

+Quote Post

dst
post May 30 2009, 05:45 PM
Post #42

Primavera
Group Icon

We will not change attitude or tactics...

... unless we change coach, yeah we got it Carlo, that's why you're leaving!

+Quote Post

MizNelson
post May 30 2009, 08:36 PM
Post #43

Dida per sempre

Member No.: 3,563

Here's my favorite nugget from his press conference:

“The nicest moment of the season? I think it was the initial part, when we came from two consecutive defeats (against Bologna and Genoa) and we managed to return at the top of the standings, with the win in the first leg of the derby.That was our best period."

Oh, yeah, that was when we held the Serie A lead this season for a whopping one week. Congrats, Carlo.

QUOTE (Stefano Di Nardo @ May 29 2009, 07:51 PM) *
Actually, Rizzoli is from the Mirandola in Emilia-Romagna, so he is mirandolese and not fiorentino (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Yeah, I discovered that after I posted, but I was too lazy to go back and fix it. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

This post has been edited by MizNelson: May 30 2009, 08:59 PM

+Quote Post

FDL
post May 31 2009, 01:51 AM
Post #44

Pulcini 99

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,537

Carlo is leaving Milan with a 4-3-2-1?! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif) This is so disturbing.

+Quote Post

Locke Lamora
post May 31 2009, 02:05 AM
Post #45

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 3,499

QUOTE (MizNelson @ May 30 2009, 09:36 PM) *
Here's my favorite nugget from his press conference:

Oh, yeah, that was when we held the Serie A lead this season for a whopping one week. Congrats, Carlo.

Yeah, I discovered that after I posted, but I was too lazy to go back and fix it. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Managed to return to the top of the standings? This is AC MILAN FFS! Being top of the league shouldn't be treated like an unexpected surprise. It sounds like he's the manager of Udinese or Palermo, not the most internationally titled club on the planet...

+Quote Post

18 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:11 PM