Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Milan confirm Allegri for 2013-14

Jack Bauer
post Feb 4 2013, 02:40 PM
Post #1

Allievi Regionali B

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 6,705

Milan have insisted that boss Massimiliano Allegri will not be leaving for Roma at the end of the season.

The tactician has been paired with the capital club for 2013-14 after the decision to sack Zdenek Zeman on Saturday.

“Roma can’t steal Coaches from other clubs,” the official noted. “Allegri will still be the Milan boss next season.

“He’s a good tactician and we’ve always known that. He reminds me of Carlo Ancelotti, for how balanced he is.”

Allegri’s job was thought to be on the line in the Autumn after a problematic start to the campaign and Silvio Berlusconi’s open admiration for future Bayern Munich boss Pep Guardiola.

“The club were right to not make a coaching change,” Galliani continued. “Other clubs would not have done the same.

“We’re climbing back up the table and fighting for the positions that we always have done. We’re now travelling at our pace from the last two seasons.”

The Diavolo have won eight of their last 10 games in Serie A. Their only loss came at Roma in that run, while they were held at Sampdoria.

Allegri’s contract at Milan expires in June 2014.

http://www.football-italia.net/30352/milan...allegri-2013-14
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Feb 4 2013, 04:13 PM
Post #2

Prima Squadra

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,660

The start of the season wasn't surprising. Milan are always slow starters and this season we had the added issue of losing our 3 best best players without really replacing them. Bring in the 2/3 starters we need in the summer and see how we do. If we don't make a realistic title challenge then don't renew his contract in summer '14.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Feb 4 2013, 09:40 PM
Post #3

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

Find me the biggest head slap gif you can find (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

I'm sure this is just talk in the air. Can't see Allegri as our coach beyond this season. That would be suicidal on our part

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Feb 4 2013, 09:52 PM
Post #4

Prima Squadra

If he does manage to finish 3rd this season, staying on isn't good enough. He deserves a new contract.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Feb 4 2013, 10:50 PM
Post #5

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Feb 4 2013, 09:52 PM) *
If he does manage to finish 3rd this season, staying on isn't good enough. He deserves a new contract.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Good one

+Quote Post

dst
post Feb 4 2013, 10:57 PM
Post #6

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 911

I don't like Allegri but 3rd place finish with this squad is great. I agree with Kurt.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Feb 5 2013, 12:31 AM
Post #7

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

You all know how I feel about Allegri, but if we manage to get 3rd place then I think it's only fair to cut him some slack.

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Feb 5 2013, 07:50 AM
Post #8

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

I think if he finished 3rd, we couldn't complain one bit. You could nitpick and point out that it was the inclusion of Balotelli that made all the difference, but that would be just silly. We need the stability for now and he hasn't done too badly.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Feb 5 2013, 08:23 AM
Post #9

Prima Squadra

I read that before the Udinese game in the past 10 games only Barca in all of Europes top leagues had picked up more points so it's not all bad. Defeat to Roma is disappointing, but they can beat and lose to anyone, so unpredictable.

I hope if he does get 3rd that the squad is strengthened a bit. I don't want "Balotelli will have a full season" new player BS.

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Feb 5 2013, 08:43 AM
Post #10

Smoking Bianco

Member No.: 191

Agreed, if he finishes 3rd then he deserves to stay on for another season. Considering all that had happened last summer, the aftermath of the same, and how he made a team out of the 'eggs' he had on hand .. It is only deserved.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Feb 5 2013, 10:50 AM
Post #11

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

You guys talk as if he's taken a Serie B side to third.

At the start of the season we all agreed that this squad should get 3rd. We're still better than the likes of Roma, Lazio and Fiorentina.

No matter what happens by the end of the season, Allegri should be out, he's as much responsable for our terrible displays which led to losses as he is for our supposed "revival"

+Quote Post

acid911
post Feb 5 2013, 12:16 PM
Post #12

Berretti

Member No.: 3,736

QUOTE (han2503 @ Feb 5 2013, 03:50 PM) *
No matter what happens by the end of the season, Allegri should be out, he's as much responsable for our terrible displays which led to losses as he is for our supposed "revival"

Aye. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sleep.gif) If he stays, we'll probably not win a Scudetto anytime soon, and the CL is out of question already. I said probably, because of Allegri's apparent lack of tactical awareness. It has been ages since I have seen Milan as a well oiled machine winning matches left and right due to their sheer footballing abilities. It's one good match, then bust.

A big name, experienced coach, on the other hand, could see see us to success.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Feb 5 2013, 02:39 PM
Post #13

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

^^^

Agreed.

Getting 3rd will be a good stepping stone for this supposed new young Milan to start from. Not making that 3rd spot would be a disaster for us as we absolutely need that money.

A CL place was the minimum expectation from Allegri, and he agreed to this as well. If anything this season has been a huge disappointment no matter what the circumstances Allegri was dealth. A Serie B side plays with more cohesion and motivation than Allegri's team.

Next season we really need to start thinking about our future, and that means a very good coach, who's not just tactically astute, but also able to get the best out of the players he has

+Quote Post

acid911
post Feb 5 2013, 03:19 PM
Post #14

Berretti

Member No.: 3,736

QUOTE (han2503 @ Feb 5 2013, 07:39 PM) *
Next season we really need to start thinking about our future, and that means a very good coach, who's not just tactically astute, but also able to get the best out of the players he has

This. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) If we are to get another hack then maybe I can tolerate Mr. Smalltime Coach™ and his antics for a little while longer. But provided we can get a very good coach, like you said, then no reason why we should not. Particularly if we are seriously working towards a project, and don't want to wander around aimlessly between 2nd and 3rd.

Sure, in his defense we lost two cornerstones this summer, but Allegri never seemed a guy that would extract the last ounce of greatness from his players and gel them into a lethal unit. You take a look at clubs around the world, and there are plenty that play with an identity and grit. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif) We just seem to wander around, sometimes to a Scudetto, sometimes to a hopeless 2nd place crash, while being in command most of the season.

But like I said, only if a quality replacement arrives. This guy is lucky he's had players like Ibra, and now Balotelli at his disposal. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sleep.gif) Leonardo, lest we forget, for all his shortcomings, had to make do much less.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Feb 5 2013, 03:38 PM
Post #15

Prima Squadra

QUOTE (han2503 @ Feb 5 2013, 11:50 AM) *
You guys talk as if he's taken a Serie B side to third.

At the start of the season we all agreed that this squad should get 3rd. We're still better than the likes of Roma, Lazio and Fiorentina.

In the same way some on here say "We had Zlatan and Silva, of course we should've won the title" the same could be said of Napoli this season. I think Hamsik has been overrated in the past, but this season he's been unreal. Cavani > all of our strikers, Hamsik + Inler now he's back to his Udinese form > the rest of our team. Juve and Napoli are certainly better than us. Even you said earlier in the season Inter have a better squad. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

I'd say 3rd is a decent acheivment considering.

This guy is lucky he's had players like Ibra, and now Balotelli at his disposal. Leonardo, lest we forget, for all his shortcomings, had to make do much less.

I guess SAF is just lucky he had Beckham, Scholes, Giggs, Keane, Rooney, Nistelrooy, Ronaldo, etc. Wenger is lucky he had Pires, Ljungberg, Vieira and Henry. Ancelotti that he had a Milan all-star team. Every top club needs top players and we've still not won the league often.

It's almost as if Allegri is being criticised for winning the league. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) He did an incredible job in his first season.

This post has been edited by kurtsimonw: Feb 5 2013, 03:42 PM

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:36 PM