han2503
post Dec 7 2006, 11:22 AM
Post #1

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

Sheva eyes Serie A return

Andriy Shevchenko has sensationally admitted that he may leave Chelsea soon as he feels he isn’t suited to Coach Jose Mourinho’s system.

The former Milan ace moved to the Premiership side during the summer in a £30m deal, but failed to live up to the expectations preceding his arrival in England.

Sheva was paired with a return to Milan in January on a loan deal, although it became clear that the rules limiting the arrival of non-EU players from a foreign club would make this impossible.

“I feel at home at Chelsea and it’s felt like my team for a long time, but I admit I could leave – my game doesn’t suit the Coach” the striker told the Daily Mirror.

“Everyone has been saying that I could be sent on loan to Milan, but I still haven’t discussed this with the management.

“I think they probably still haven’t decided themselves,” continued Shevchenko, who scored his first Champions League goal for Chelsea in Tuesday’s match with Levski Sofia.

“However, if this were to happen then I’m ready to pack my bags. I’m a self-confident person, if I don’t suit somebody I’ll go back to Italy and prove how good I can still be.

“I don’t think I’m finished as a player and I don’t feel I have something to prove, everyone knows what Shevchenko is capable of,” added the Ukrainian.

“Chelsea owner Roman Abramovic is a friend and completely on my side, but all he could do was insist on a loan deal instead of me being sold.

“I understand Mourinho – I’m not scoring as many goals as I would like to. Of course I would be sorry to leave London, firstly because of my family, who have already made a new life here.

“My wife Kristen was pleased with the move which allowed her to finally find herself in an English-speaking country. It’s clear that I will not move Kristen and our sons back to Milan.”
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

han2503
post Dec 7 2006, 11:29 AM
Post #2

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Sheva hints at move

Chelsea striker Andriy Shevchenko has admitted for the first time that he could leave Stamford Bridge after enduring a difficult start to life in England.

The Ukraine international moved from AC Milan to the Blues in the summer but has struggled to adapt to the Premiership and has been criticised for his lack of pace and goals.

Despite scoring in Tuesday's Champions League victory against Levski Sofia, Shevchenko has admitted that he has found this season tough.

He told the Daily Mirror: "I feel at home at Chelsea, and it's felt like my team for a long time, but unfortunately my game doesn't suit (Jose) Mourinho.

"Everyone has been writing about me being sent on loan to Milan. I still haven't discussed this question with the management, but the bosses themselves probably still haven't decided.

"But if it happens, I'm ready to pack my bags. I'm a completely self-confident person. If I don't suit somebody then I'll go back to Italy, no problem, and prove how good I can still be.

"I'm not finished as a player. On the other hand, I have nothing to prove to anybody. Everybody already knows what Andriy Shevchenko is capable of.

"I do understand Mourinho - I'm not scoring as many as I would like to - so even (Roman) Abramovich isn't really putting his foot down over it, although he could do as the owner of the club.

"Of course I will be sorry to leave London if it comes to that. Firstly because of my family, who have already made a new life here. My wife Kristen was so happy with the move - she's American and finally found herself in an English-speaking country. It's clear I won't move Kristen and our sons back to Milan."

The 30-year-old has scored six goals in 20 appearances for Chelsea so far this season.

I think this clears it up more since the football Italia article was confusing.

I think he is just saying that if they want tooan him then he wouldn't have a problem with it, but would rather not move his family again.

And I think he has just admitted here who wanted to move to England and it wasn't because he wasnted to learn English (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

+Quote Post

dst
post Dec 7 2006, 11:37 AM
Post #3

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 911

why would we help him get out of this situation?? I don't want Milan to get any flop on loan...

+Quote Post

arivanjj
post Dec 7 2006, 11:53 AM
Post #4

7th Heaven

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 821

ohh.. he wants us so bad..

+Quote Post

han2503
post Dec 7 2006, 11:58 AM
Post #5

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (dst @ Dec 7 2006, 10:37 AM)
why would we help him get out of this situation?? I don't want Milan to get any flop on loan...

(IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

QUOTE (arivanjj @ Dec 7 2006, 10:53 AM)
ohh.. he wants us so bad..

I think that the reason is Mourinho wants to sell him and Abramovic only wants to loan him out as a compromise. Everyone knows who's purchase Sheva was, he never fitted into the Mourinho pipe line.

I think Sheva only wants to return for footballing reasons but doesn't want to leave England because of his family

+Quote Post

Portman
post Dec 7 2006, 12:07 PM
Post #6

Berretti

Member No.: 347

QUOTE (han2503 @ Dec 7 2006, 10:58 AM)
I think that the reason is Mourinho wants to sell him and Abramovic only wants to loan him out as a compromise. Everyone knows who's purchase Sheva was, he never fitted into the Mourinho pipe line.

I think Sheva only wants to return for footballing reasons but doesn't want to leave England because of his family

Mourinho was always a Shevchenko fan. Even in Porto he said that zillions of times "Kaka' and Shevchenko are amazing. The best players in the world on their positions". He said that when he arrived in Chelsea too. He has a lot of respect for Milan.

But 1 thing is "you like a player". Other is that "if that player fits on your team and in your league". So, I'd say that was more like an Abramovich buy than a Mourinho choice.

Well, dunno. I never though Shevchenko would say something like this.

This post has been edited by Portugal: Dec 7 2006, 12:08 PM

+Quote Post

han2503
post Dec 7 2006, 12:25 PM
Post #7

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Portugal @ Dec 7 2006, 11:07 AM)
Mourinho was always a Shevchenko fan. Even in Porto he said that zillions of times "Kaka' and Shevchenko are amazing. The best players in the world on their positions". He said that when he arrived in Chelsea too. He has a lot of respect for Milan.

But 1 thing is "you like a player". Other is that "if that player fits on your team and in your league". So, I'd say that was more like an Abramovich buy than a Mourinho choice.

Well, dunno. I never though Shevchenko would say something like this.

Totally agree.

Chelsea play their best football when they play with Robben and Cole suppoting Drogba on the flanks.

Sheva never fitted into Mourinho's system. He doesn't even fit into the English system.

Mourinho might be an admirer of Sheva but I don't think he wanted him that much. Roman was the one that wanted him, he got him and he isn't working out. I think Abramovic should stick to what he knows best, shelling out the cash and not stick his head in something he understands nothing about, which is football.

About Sheva saying what he said, I think he's getting fed up, look after he scored the goal and the way he celebrated it and compare it to when he last scored a league goal for Chelsea. I don't think his head is with Chelsea. Or maybe something really is brewing between us and Chelsea and this was everyones way of putting it out there

This post has been edited by han2503: Dec 7 2006, 12:28 PM

+Quote Post

LaPalma
post Dec 7 2006, 02:11 PM
Post #8

Insert cool title here<--
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,792

Sheva back in Milan? Believe me... it'll happen!

+Quote Post

han2503
post Dec 7 2006, 03:12 PM
Post #9

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (LaPalma @ Dec 7 2006, 01:11 PM)

You really think it will happen?

I don't know. I have serious doubts that he will ever wear the Milan shirt again (unless it's one he got off of ebay that is (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) ). It's just not realistic. If he wants to come he should have stayed in the first place, I think it's too late now.

+Quote Post

m1ke
post Dec 7 2006, 03:14 PM
Post #10

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Interesting. Maybe Ash will get to change his forum name back (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

+Quote Post

misha
post Dec 7 2006, 03:24 PM
Post #11

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 787

TBH I don't want him back and especially on a loan deal. It makes us look bad and it makes him look bad.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Dec 7 2006, 03:28 PM
Post #12

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (mishale @ Dec 7 2006, 02:24 PM)
TBH I don't want him back and especially on a loan deal. It makes us look bad and it makes him look bad.

Exactly. PRIDE!!!

+Quote Post

kdman
post Dec 7 2006, 03:29 PM
Post #13

Esordienti B 96

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 53

QUOTE (LaPalma @ Dec 7 2006, 02:11 PM)

Well, I hope it doesn't. We are not a trash can.

+Quote Post

Portman
post Dec 7 2006, 03:31 PM
Post #14

Berretti

Member No.: 347

QUOTE (LaPalma @ Dec 7 2006, 01:11 PM)

Maybe in 7 years as a scout for the Ukraine and Russia. (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

Well, I don't want Shevchenko on loan. Or he's a Milan player or not. Milan don't use "loan" players... we're not Inter.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Dec 7 2006, 03:36 PM
Post #15

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Portugal @ Dec 7 2006, 02:31 PM)
Maybe in 7 years as a scout for the Ukraine and Russia.  (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

Well, I don't want Shevchenko on loan. Or he's a Milan player or not. Milan don't use "loan" players... we're not Inter.

::cough:: Crespo ::cough:: (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

It's not about wether we take him on loan or not. It's the taking him back part that I don't like. He made his bed now he has to lie in it.

He knew what type of football Mourinho played when he decided to go there, it's not some big secret. (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

I am pretty certain from what Sheva said that Mourinho wants to sell him, it's perfectly clear, this is just saying I'm not going to stay where I'm not wanted, Abramovic wants him to stay, so there is going to be a loan as a compromise.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 05:14 AM