> World Cup 2014

han2503
post Jun 4 2014, 08:12 PM
Post #31

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

Candreva: Easily the most limited player I've seen with the Italy shirt in a while. Feels like playing with 10-men, he can't even make a simple cross field pass out to DS from the right side
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jun 4 2014, 08:20 PM
Post #32

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

And WTF is Prandelli doing with that midfield. I seriously hope this is not how he sets them out against England

Pirlo so high up is getting by-passed, he needs to be the one to pick the ball up from deep and dictate, not get stuck out nearly wide left.

Marchisio is playing as the AM which imo is a mistake as Verratti would be better there while Marchisio is best making those late runs into the box

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Jun 4 2014, 09:43 PM
Post #33

Prima Squadra

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,660

Sterling sent off for being pushed in the back of the head and grabbed round the throat by Valencia. Valencia obviously should've been sent off, but to give Sterling a red there is ridiculous.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Jun 4 2014, 10:16 PM
Post #34

Prima Squadra

Italy with one of the worst International results... ever?

+Quote Post

Danny
post Jun 4 2014, 10:34 PM
Post #35

Allievi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 6,730

Put my bet on at last. I'm not a betting man but I've been shouting off my last 4 for ages so time to put my money where my mouth is and put £5 on Brazil, Uruguay, Germany and Belgium being the final 4.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jun 4 2014, 10:42 PM
Post #36

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 4 2014, 10:16 PM) *
Italy with one of the worst International results... ever?

Meh, didn't they draw with Haiti 2-2 before the Confeds? Then there was that 3-0 loss to Russia and 1-0 loss to the USA before the Euros.

They also drew both friendlies before the 06 WC as well as drew 2 and lost 1 before the 2010 WC

Aside from 2010, you can't really make much of it.

Prandelli started with the 11 (hopefully minus Candreva) that are most likely to start against England but it felt like he was taking the p!ss out of it with all of the experiments that were going on with the midfield and Candreva constantly changing positions and even their shape

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Jun 4 2014, 11:41 PM
Post #37

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

Why would he play Candreva? Why? Why? Why?

+Quote Post

Jack Bauer
post Jun 5 2014, 12:40 AM
Post #38

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 6,705

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jun 5 2014, 02:41 AM) *

(IMG:http://thechicagoimprovden.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/blog-one-pic.png)

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jun 5 2014, 08:45 AM
Post #39

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jun 4 2014, 11:41 PM) *

Seriously! He's easily the most limited player I've seen in a while play for Italy. And he was supposedly included in the line-up instead of Cassano because he provides more work rate and cover for Abate, but Marchisio and Pirlo were doing a better job at that on the left side helping DS out while Candreva was almost invisible.

He mostly made terrible passes, especially to Abate after he busted his gut to overlap his run and shot at row Z a couple of times.

There's obviously a lot Italy need to work in in the next few days. The midfield last night was a complete mess. Don't know if it was intentional from Prandelli to throw off the teams in their group as these friendlies are usually used as indications of how a team will play, especially for the opener.

Also, Cassano isn't a "hard worker" (not that Candreva was busting his @ss out there yesterday) but he gives Italy that creative spark that no one else on that team can, some of the combinations him and Balo played yesterday after he came on were simply amazing to watch.

Imo, the best 11 for Italy and the one they should play against England with is

Abate--Chiellini--Barzagli--MDS
Pirlo
De Rossi--Marchisio
Verratti
Balo--Cassano

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Jun 5 2014, 09:10 AM
Post #40

Prima Squadra

I would hope Italy would do something like that. Lack of pace would be a huge plus to us.

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Jun 5 2014, 09:26 AM
Post #41

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

Prandelli's abysmal friendly record is not news. He treats friendlies they way they ought to be. Glorified training ground 11 v 11.

His record as NT coach is pretty impressive. I read it today morning. 20 victories and 3 defeats. 2 to Spain and 1 to Brazil in the Confed cup.

So if you're only losing to eventual tournament winners that's not too bad. Especially considering the shape of that squad.

That defence. Urgh!

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jun 5 2014, 10:22 AM
Post #42

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 5 2014, 09:10 AM) *
I would hope Italy would do something like that. Lack of pace would be a huge plus to us.

Just like it was a huge plus for you in the Euros? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Italy have always had a lack of pace as a collective, sure there are certain pacy players who have played in the team, but mostly it's always been a relatively slow side.

We have pace where it matters imo, FBs. It's the only area England can use their pace. Sturridge through the centre will come up against Chiellini and Bonucci/Barzagli.

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jun 5 2014, 09:26 AM) *
Prandelli's abysmal friendly record is not news. He treats friendlies they way they ought to be. Glorified training ground 11 v 11.

His record as NT coach is pretty impressive. I read it today morning. 20 victories and 3 defeats. 2 to Spain and 1 to Brazil in the Confed cup.

So if you're only losing to eventual tournament winners that's not too bad. Especially considering the shape of that squad.

That defence. Urgh!

I think it's 2 defeats, he only lost once to Spain, in the Final of the Euros. He drew with them both in the group stage and in the Confed Cup

+Quote Post

Danny
post Jun 5 2014, 01:14 PM
Post #43

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,730

I don't see Italy making it to the last 8.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jun 5 2014, 01:19 PM
Post #44

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Danny @ Jun 5 2014, 01:14 PM) *
I don't see Italy making it to the last 8.

We'll see, I'm not overly confident. The mish mash in the friendlies from Prandelli has put in even more doubt at the back of my mind.

But if they do get out of the group I think last 8 is a given considering whoever comes out of group D is going to face relatively easy opposition. Quarter final is where both teams will get halted as you have either Spain or Brazil waiting for you (unless an unthinkable upset occurs).

My only concern is how Italy start this tournament. They're notorious slow starters, and this England game has a bore draw written all over it. So what they do against Costa Rica and Uruguay will be crucial

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Jun 5 2014, 01:59 PM
Post #45

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

I honestly see Italy winning the thing, but that's just me.

+Quote Post

108 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 06:10 AM