> Milan To Swap Gila For Borriello?[/

Ry4n
post Apr 7 2008, 11:43 AM
Post #1

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 932

Milan To Swap Gila For Borriello?

Latest reports emanating from Italy suggest that Milan will swap Alberto Gilardino for Genoa’s Marco Borriello in a one year loan exchange.
Gilardino’s days at Milan have been numbered for quite sometime now following a third hugely disappointing season with the club.
Borriello meanwhile has been a revelation this campaign, and his 18 goals for Genoa currently make him the Capocannoniere in Serie A.

The 25-year-old is co-owned by the Rossoneri, after they sold half of his contract to Genoa last summer.

At the end of the season Genoa and Milan are due to discuss where Borriello’s future lies. Latest reports suggest that he will move back to Milan on a one-year loan deal, with Gilardino going the other way in an identical deal.

At the end of the 2008/09 campaign it will then be decided whether or not to make this arrangement permanent.

Meanwhile another player who is seemingly on his way out of San Siro is Christian Brocchi. The 32-year-old could move to Sampdoria in return for Paolo Sammarco, who is also currently on a co-ownership deal with the Rossoneri.

Sammarco has impressed this season for the Blucerchiati, scoring five goals in 25 Serie A appearances from midfield.

Roberto Rossi

Goal.com

http://goal.com/en-US/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=650159

This post has been edited by rhy_A4: Apr 7 2008, 11:45 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

redbabies
post Apr 7 2008, 12:27 PM
Post #2

'the Duck'

Member No.: 144

I've got a feeling that who ever comes to replace Gila, will score more then him!

Even though I was one of Gila's biggest fan, I've now totally lost confidence in him.

+Quote Post

morgoth
post Apr 7 2008, 12:30 PM
Post #3

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 3,827

Gila at Genoa (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Joke of the week!

+Quote Post

han2503
post Apr 7 2008, 08:24 PM
Post #4

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

Why are we so desperate to get this guy??

Not only he's not the quality we need and definately won't make a dent in the huge pile of problems we have, but he has tried at Milan on more then one occasion and dissappointed in all of them.

I just don't think he's the type of player that will trive at a big club.

+Quote Post

mishie
post Apr 7 2008, 08:32 PM
Post #5

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 1,072

QUOTE (han2503 @ Apr 7 2008, 07:24 PM)

Not only he's not the quality we need and definately won't make a dent in the huge pile of problems we have, but he has tried at Milan on more then one occasion and dissappointed in all of them.

totally agree, i think under the right circumstances Gila will come good again, perhaps being part of the rebuilding process will help after all once upon a time he was a decent striker

+Quote Post

Portman
post Apr 7 2008, 09:23 PM
Post #6

Berretti

Member No.: 347

We must sell the 3. Gilardino, Borriello and Oliveira and buy 1 FW/SS (Ronaldinho, in this case he can do the Kaka' role too) and 1 ST (Gomez?).

We'd have: Pato, Ronaldinho, Gomez and Inzaghi? - 4 options upfront. 2 fowards and 2 strikers to pair up.

Obviously this ain't gonna happen. We'll stick with the injury-prone Ronaldo who - unfortunately - is over.

I can see Galliani saying he's like a new signing coming September.

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Apr 7 2008, 09:46 PM
Post #7

Token Girl
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,800

(IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif) (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif) (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif) I'm a little worried.

I agree with most of what Porty said in the post above this one. The only disagreement I have is that I'm remaining optimistic that Milan really will sign someone GOOD this summer. Maybe I'm seeing things through rossoneri-colored glasses, but recent statements from Don Silvio lead me to believe he's actually taking this transfer window seriously.

+Quote Post

Portman
post Apr 7 2008, 09:52 PM
Post #8

Berretti

Member No.: 347

I forgot to mention... Paloschi as 5th foward/striker. Obviously the 5th striker must always be a Primavera one.

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Apr 7 2008, 09:57 PM
Post #9

Token Girl
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,800

(IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif) Now the fish doll's getting scared. I agree again.

+Quote Post

I_Rossoneri
post Apr 7 2008, 11:22 PM
Post #10

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 558

QUOTE (han2503 @ Apr 7 2008, 07:24 PM)

Totally agree. Let's not forget that Gila was great for two seasons at Parma but never carried that form with us, why should Borriello be any different?

+Quote Post

dst
post Apr 7 2008, 11:29 PM
Post #11

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 911

I don't believe a swap like this is ever going to happen but even if we just get Borriello I will be really pissed! For ****s sake these are not Milan quality players. He's great, FOR GENOA!!! (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/mad.gif) When are we going to wake up!? Even as a 5th option, Paloschi is better than Borriello ever was or will be.

QUOTE (Porty @ Apr 7 2008, 10:23 PM)
We must sell the 3. Gilardino, Borriello and Oliveira and buy 1 FW/SS (Ronaldinho, in this case he can do the Kaka' role too) and 1 ST (Gomez?).

We'd have: Pato, Ronaldinho, Gomez and Inzaghi? - 4 options upfront. 2 fowards and 2 strikers to pair up.

Obviously this ain't gonna happen. We'll stick with the injury-prone Ronaldo who - unfortunately - is over.

I can see Galliani saying he's like a new signing coming September.

I agree with everything except for the Ronaldinho part. I hope we get someone else instead... van der Vaart anyone!??

And I too am not too optimistic about our summer transfer movements... of course I have not ruled out the possibility of Milan finally making some serious deals but after the fiasco of the last two seasons I'm not going to let myself get carried away and then get disappointed.

+Quote Post

misha
post Apr 8 2008, 02:16 AM
Post #12

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 787

I hope not to see them both at Milan.

Borriello is good at Genoa, a small team, in which his starting place is secured and he does not need to fight for minutes. In Milan of course it's completely different. Here you need to have a different mentality to succeed (and Gila is a good example) and not everyone can handle it. It's going from a sure place to an environment where you need to earn every second on the pitch and mistakes can cost very dearly.

We must buy two proven players for attack. Like porty said, a SS and ST. Oh, and agree with dst abot Ronaldinho.

This post has been edited by mishale: Apr 8 2008, 02:17 AM

+Quote Post

han2503
post Apr 8 2008, 08:24 AM
Post #13

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (I_Rossoneri @ Apr 7 2008, 10:22 PM)
Totally agree. Let's not forget that Gila was great for two seasons at Parma but never carried that form with us, why should Borriello be any different?

Agreed, and Boriello has already been given more then 1 shot at Milan, and he's blown all of them and not only has he under performed but tarnished the Milan name by failing that dope test.

As dst said, yes he's good, but for Genoa!! He's the type of striker that will flop for a big club and succeed in a small club where he is the go-to-guy

If the management really plan on getting him and instead of selling Gila for a player that we are desperate for (good keeper) then I will seriously start questionning their intentions regarding Milan. I mean surely they see how their poor transfer policy for the last few seasons has damaged Milan.

As Porty said, we need to sell the players that are not doing it for Milan and replace them with young quality players. 2 Sugnings in attack, 1 SS (Benzema, R10) and 1 box striker (Berbatov, Gomez). 2 Signings in midfield 1 real quality defensive mid and a Pirlo sub. 2 defenders LB (Zambrotta) CB. And definately a GK. Can't continue to lose points because we don't have a competent keeper.

I know it is drastic but this could have been avoided had we made smart changes during the course of these last few years, if we had done that we wouldn't have to spend such a fortune now, and anyway we will still make money buy selling players like Gila (who I'm pretty sure is on his way out no matter what he does) Brocchi, Simic

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Apr 8 2008, 08:30 AM
Post #14

Prima Squadra

Member No.: 3,660

One thing I' don't fully understand is that a player like Boriello can do fantastic for a below average club like Genoa, where he's getting service from very average players. Yet at Milan, with some of the best midfielders in the World, he does badly. If Boriello was a one off, fair enough, but we've seen this all too often. Gila, Boriello, Oliviera.

I think it's time we stop blaming all of our 'flop' strikers and took a look at our midfield. They're the only constant in our lack of goal scoring. Pato has done a very good job and credit to him, but nobody else has, I think our midfield is the problem, not our strikers. Just my opinion.

This post has been edited by kurtsimonw: Apr 8 2008, 08:32 AM

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Apr 8 2008, 09:12 AM
Post #15

Primavera

Member No.: 1,265

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Apr 8 2008, 11:00 AM)
One thing I' don't fully understand is that a player like Boriello can do fantastic for a below average club like Genoa, where he's getting service from very average players. Yet at Milan, with some of the best midfielders in the World, he does badly. If Boriello was a one off, fair enough, but we've seen this all too often. Gila, Boriello, Oliviera.

I think it's time we stop blaming all of our 'flop' strikers and took a look at our midfield. They're the only constant in our lack of goal scoring. Pato has done a very good job and credit to him, but nobody else has, I think our midfield is the problem, not our strikers. Just my opinion.

I somehow agree with you. only I think our strikers are to blame too. just look at Gila's missed chances in the past two seasons... if Pato is doing a good job it's because he's been able to convert those easy chances Gila used to miss [his goals against Empoli, Torino, Genoa (the first goal)]. but I agree our midfield is getting more credit than it deserves. they were once the best in the world but no longer. aside from the attack and the midfield, I think our LBs and RBs have been the problem too. how many good crosses has Oddo provided for the attack since his arrival?... Janku and Sergio are always injured... Favalli cannot even run... Maldini has been fairly good overall but that's not enough. our attack never really had the support of our side backs...

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 10:30 PM