Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Inzaghi, Filippo Inzaghi

X-Offender
post Sep 24 2014, 02:44 PM
Post #631

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

#OnThisDay: Inzaghi scored his first hat-trick for Milan exactly 12 years ago: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8btoO-nCG9A

SuperPippo, yes, but how awesome is Rui Costa? Those passes, that vision, that technique... One of the classiest players to have ever worn the Milan shirt. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wub.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

amancik
post Sep 24 2014, 06:33 PM
Post #632

Milanfan to Death

Member No.: 11

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 24 2014, 10:44 PM) *
SuperPippo, yes, but how awesome is Rui Costa? Those passes, that vision, that technique... One of the classiest players to have ever worn the Milan shirt. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wub.gif)

+1, I miss having a proper trequartista in the team.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Sep 24 2014, 06:46 PM
Post #633

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,564

I think every team nowadays misses a true trequartista like him.

That being said, I get always interested when the name Rui Costa pops out - in correlation to Milan. Yes, he was a genius passer, one could say the last of it's kind. He was a smart player and a real asset. But he had considerable downsides as well (when he came to Milan): unlike his spell at Fiorentina, he was almost completely unable to hit the goal and missed a few unbelievable chances. He also tackled hard and used his elbow. In the end, he didn't really play "that" much with us.

My intention isn't here to slander a true footballing legend, far from that. But it's interesting how when it comes to Rui Costa we always tend to be sentimental, assertive and forget some important aspects. The same can be said about most of our legends, but then the difference is, most of them played for 6, 7 or more years with us. I never once experienced the "Rui Costa effect" on Albertini or Gullit for example.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Sep 24 2014, 07:28 PM
Post #634

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 24 2014, 06:46 PM) *
I think every team nowadays misses a true trequartista like him.

That being said, I get always interested when the name Rui Costa pops out - in correlation to Milan. Yes, he was a genius passer, one could say the last of it's kind. He was a smart player and a real asset. But he had considerable downsides as well (when he came to Milan): unlike his spell at Fiorentina, he was almost completely unable to hit the goal and missed a few unbelievable chances. He also tackled hard and used his elbow. In the end, he didn't really play "that" much with us.

My intention isn't here to slander a true footballing legend, far from that. But it's interesting how when it comes to Rui Costa we always tend to be sentimental, assertive and forget some important aspects. The same can be said about most of our legends, but then the difference is, most of them played for 6, 7 or more years with us. I never once experienced the "Rui Costa effect" on Albertini or Gullit for example.

Aside from the not scoring goals aspect, which is true and sometimes he was unfairly booed by fans at San Siro because of it, I can't find any other negatives. Tackled hard and used his elbow? I recall no such things, at all.

The issue with Rui Costa is that we signed him too late. He was almost 30 when he arrived, and he didn't play that much in his first season because he got injured if I remember correctly (damn, I was only 12 back then, how time flies!), and then after Kaka's arrival he started slowly being marginalized by Carlo. However, he was vital in our '03 CL win, and also very important in our '04 scudetto. Christmas tree, remember? But by 05/06 he was 33 and that's too much for a trequartista. And Kaka's boom just meant more bench.

So, yeah, circumstances of late arrival and Kaká's signing hindered somehow his stay with us, but I was lucky enough to enjoy his magic. He will remain one of the classiest players I've ever seen play, and definitely in my Top 5 Milan players.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Sep 24 2014, 07:35 PM
Post #635

Primavera
Group Icon

Agreed, agreed. And sure, I remember. But why does he get that highly ranked and that much adored is beyond me.

+Quote Post

KillerMax
post Sep 24 2014, 11:07 PM
Post #636

Allievi Nazionali

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 1,388

I have no idea Fillipo, but I feel the same as x-off.

Oh and Rui Costa Pass Accuracy: 99 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Sep 25 2014, 06:46 AM
Post #637

Prima Squadra

Member No.: 3,660

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 24 2014, 08:35 PM) *
Agreed, agreed. And sure, I remember. But why does he get that highly ranked and that much adored is beyond me.

I can see why you feel this way. I think one reason is that a lot of our legends and greats over the past few decades always performed better for Milan than anyone else. Rui Costa was more like that for Fiorentina, a legend of theirs who moved on and wasn't quite the same for Milan.

+Quote Post

TriniKing_CE
post Oct 12 2014, 05:31 PM
Post #638

CrAzY EyeS

Member No.: 3,723

SKY Sports Video: Inzaghi - My first 100 days on AC Milan bench

http://video.sky.it/sport/calcio-italiano/...rni/v216764.vid

+Quote Post

TriniKing_CE
post Oct 12 2014, 05:38 PM
Post #639

CrAzY EyeS

Member No.: 3,723

Inzaghi's full interview with GdS, Sky and Milan Channel

“Good and intense days. I think that I’m doing a nice work in a club that loves me and gave me a lot. The team makes me proud and the fans are close to me. I hope to continue well and give satisfactions to them and to the president.” His transition from the U-19 to the first team was smooth: “I didn’t sleep even when I was coaching U-17 and U-19. I didn’t sit on the bench even for a minute, I can’t fake, I am who I am. I like to live the game. Few minutes before the match, I think about the last advice I can give to the squad. The presence of the coach must always be felt, both when things go well and when they god badly.”

He managed to transmit what he wanted to his players: “Starting from day one, I was looking for the will to never give up in my players and I think this is the thing that is doing the biggest difference. It’s hard to find a team that has more desire than we do; maybe there are stronger teams, but not more desire to win. In this moment, we know our virtues and our flaws: we have a good attack, the best in the league; we have to correct something in the defense: the team must be shorter on the pitch and we have to find the right mechanisms; but you can’t have everything right away. We need to start from what we have done well so far and, with time and work, improve on some aspects.”

“We have five very important games ahead of us, after those we’ll draw another balance. We don’t set goals, we have the right spirit and I hope we’ll improve game after game. Who knows where we’ll arrive. Surely we aim at doing better than in the past season, Milan can’t stay out of Europe. Coppa Italia? We live that like it was Champions League.”

One of the meetings with Berlusconi is an unforgettable moment for Pippo: “I will always carry my first dinner in Arcore in my heart. After two draws, he gathered the team to transmit confidence to the players, especially to the newcomers and the youngsters. He realized that we wanted to do well and that we had the right attitude.”

He weighed in on the single players: “I have never hesitated in fielding Honda right away. He always showed kills and desire and he was capable of winning over who criticized him. When I was proposed Menez, I asked for some opinions and they were all positive, so Galliani and I went to talk to him to understand his frame of mind and his will. A minute was enough to understand that he wanted to redeem himself and that he was very motivated. Everybody knows how much I esteem El Shaarawy. I picked 4-3-3 to make him perform at his best, then, at a point, I had to make some choices. If Stephan plays like in those 20 minutes against Chievo, he won’t be benched a lot.”

He concluded with a message of love: “I’ve the great fortune of coaching the team I love. Who coaches Milan must be ambitious. I hope to bring it back to high levels and make it return the Milan that it has always been.”

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Oct 12 2014, 08:41 PM
Post #640

Smoking Bianco

Member No.: 191

Cheers Trini (IMG:style_emoticons/default/king.gif)

Inzaghi has his work cut out for him alright. Despite the decline in quality within Serie A, it is still a tough league to endure. The honeymoon ended after the after the Juventus game, all the euphoria faded and what is left is results.

I trust him to come good, but he is still a rookie, a bad patch and the whole team could burn to the late-teens of the table.

+Quote Post

Fishdoll
post Aug 9 2017, 01:32 PM
Post #641

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 7,075

Youtube Clip

(IMG:http://images2.gazzettaobjects.it/methode_image/2014/05/26/Calcio/Foto%20Gallery/26srt02f1_mediagallery-page.jpg)

Happy Birthday, Super Pippo!

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Aug 9 2017, 02:46 PM
Post #642

Primavera
Group Icon

Legend (IMG:style_emoticons/default/devil.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/devil.gif)

Wish him all the best with Venezia.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post May 22 2018, 12:24 AM
Post #643

Primavera
Group Icon

Truly a god.

Scored a hattrick today (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post

43 Pages V  « < 41 42 43
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:59 AM