> Serie A 2020/2021 season, League related discussion / All Milan Games

han2503
post May 23 2021, 10:09 PM
Post #2311

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

16 - AC Milan have set a new all-time record for away wins in a Serie A season: 16 ? no side has ever done better in the top-5 European leagues in a single campaign (16 also for Real Madrid 2011/12 and Manchester City 2017/18). Conquering.

It's also astonishing that we nearly got 80 points this season and were one mis-step away from finishing 5th. When in the previous seasons anything above 65 is basically a sure thing for top 4

I think this goes to show that Serie A is a bit too bloated with terrible teams...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post May 23 2021, 10:12 PM
Post #2312

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

We parked the bus like Cagliari did against us last week. But honestly I was never expecting to dominate a team like Atalanta. Nevertheless, this kind of mentality will bring us nowhere next season in the CL.

We need to make a few quality signings if we wanna go anywhere. It's imperative.

I honestly don't think the second penalty was legit, but even so it was in the very end, and with Napoli drawing even if Atalanta somehow tied it still wouldn't have mattered.

Speaking of which, Napoli not winning was a huge shocker. I was certain they had the easiest match, especially considering their superb form as of lately. Football really is unpredictable.

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post May 23 2021, 10:14 PM
Post #2313

Smoking Bianco

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 191

Now, first things first.. Donna and Hakan renewals please.

Then a vice Zlatan, and proper cover for full backs.

Let the dreams begin (IMG:style_emoticons/default/king.gif)

+Quote Post

han2503
post May 23 2021, 10:21 PM
Post #2314

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ May 23 2021, 10:12 PM) *
We parked the bus like Cagliari did against us last week. But honestly I was never expecting to dominate a team like Atalanta. Nevertheless, this kind of mentality will bring us nowhere next season in the CL.

We need to make a few quality signings if we wanna go anywhere. It's imperative.

I honestly don't think the second penalty was legit, but even so it was in the very end, and with Napoli drawing even if Atalanta somehow tied it still wouldn't have mattered.

Speaking of which, Napoli not winning was a huge shocker. I was certain they had the easiest match, especially considering their superb form as of lately. Football really is unpredictable.

I think we've been slipping in terms of performances for a while now over this season. A lot has happened to contribute to this. It has not been an easy few months by any means. Through Covid, an unending injury list which plagues us to this final day, players never getting any playing rhythm or form and starting the season so early after practically no summer break. It has been a difficult season with many curve balls thrown in.

We have shown that we can beat the best teams in the league while playing good football. Tonight, we scrapped for our lives and did it. We could never have gone out gung-ho against Atalanta. That's basically an open door-way for them to score. Just as we did in the first game.

I think in these last 5 critical games we have shown that we have the spirit and quality, As usual we made life difficult for ourselves against Cagliari for no apparent reason other than this being the typical Milan way for the last 10 years.

The goal of CL is not simply about playing in that competition again. It's about the doors that will open because of playing in that competition. The much needed extra cash injection, which will allow Paolo and the rest much more opportunities in the transfer market.

As we all know, getting CL is the spring board we have been desperate for for years now. We can finally make the improvements we need to make in the squad

+Quote Post

han2503
post May 23 2021, 10:23 PM
Post #2315

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ May 23 2021, 10:14 PM) *
Now, first things first.. Donna and Hakan renewals please.

Then a vice Zlatan, and proper cover for full backs.

Let the dreams begin (IMG:style_emoticons/default/king.gif)

I don't have any doubts about Donna personally, I think he'll renew. Not so sure about Hakan. I won't cry about losing him from the pitch, but it would be terrible financially for us to lose him for free

Belotti would be my ideal vice Zlatan. Fiorentina will want an arm and a leg for Vlahovic, I don't think we have that kind of money to burn at this point

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post May 23 2021, 10:23 PM
Post #2316

Kessie MVP of the season. What a warrior!

+Quote Post

han2503
post May 23 2021, 10:26 PM
Post #2317

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ May 23 2021, 10:23 PM) *

It's insane the amount of games he's played this season

Aside from the impeccable performances throughout the season. After what we've been through with injuries, I have come to appreciate his dependability of always being fit and available for the team. What a man!

Tomori, Kjear and him were amazing today

Btw. Donna did not make a single save if I am not mistaken. Which is a huge defensive feat in and of itself

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post May 23 2021, 10:55 PM
Post #2318

QUOTE (han2503 @ May 23 2021, 10:26 PM) *
Btw. Donna did not make a single save if I am not mistaken. Which is a huge defensive feat in and of itself

We've scored 14 goals and conceded 0 in the last 5 games.

+Quote Post

William405
post May 23 2021, 11:44 PM
Post #2319

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 7,239

QUOTE (X-Offender @ May 24 2021, 12:23 AM) *

Him guarding the ball in the end of the match resumes his season for us. True warrior!

+Quote Post

William405
post May 23 2021, 11:46 PM
Post #2320

Allievi Regionali B

QUOTE (han2503 @ May 24 2021, 12:23 AM) *
I don't have any doubts about Donna personally, I think he'll renew. Not so sure about Hakan. I won't cry about losing him from the pitch, but it would be terrible financially for us to lose him for free

Belotti would be my ideal vice Zlatan. Fiorentina will want an arm and a leg for Vlahovic, I don't think we have that kind of money to burn at this point

Donnarumma was very emotional after the game. We often forget that he is just a kid.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post May 24 2021, 11:31 AM
Post #2321

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

QUOTE (han2503 @ May 24 2021, 12:26 AM) *

Wrong. Malinovskiy shot a outside-the-box shot straight into his arms.

Anyway, I'm in for a reassessment of our season and team.

Donnarumma, Kessie, Calabria and Kjaer had a almost impeccable season. We should definitively hold onto them.

Rebić, Hernandez and Alexis are very important to us and I think they still can grow. Tomori is a potential rock and we should definitively sign him permanently. Unsure what to do with Romagnoli. The biggest problem with him is that he's not improving and making the same mistakes over and over again. Yet his leadership skills and commanding ability is what we lack often.

Ibra is the true team leader and it's really good to have something of his winning mentality.

I'd also keep Krunić and Meite who seem to be needed by Pioli as the sort of extra muscle Ancelotti used to take in. Sure, they're not especially quality but yesterday they proved me wrong and gave much needed stability to the team. Not for the first time either.

I'm very unsure about Diaz, who has his bright moments but all in all has too many problems to be considered a long term solution. Leao should definitively be sold. Dalot improved a lot, but still I'm leaning towards sending him back. I'd also keep Mandzo for a second spell because he seems to be coming into shape and I think he can be cheap and effective given more time as a 3rd option upfront.

Now the biggest question mark for me is Bennacer. After his repeated injury he never came back if you ask me. I was angry when Pioli took him off against Cagliari but yesterday he did rightly so. Misplaced passes all over the field, no real creative impetus and above all not able to shake off the pressuring. I know you guys adore Bennacer and I still think he's a really good option in midfield, but I'm starting to be skeptical here.

Pioli. Well... now that we secured CL I'll say that I'd rather sign a more experienced coach who won't burn out that quickly with us. I think Pioli is handling this team good but I think there's very little room to grow. He's played every trick in his playbook, he's having a good relationship with the team, granted, but I don't see how he can further improve the troops. That being said, I'm not sure a good coach is available and willing to take over, not to say that our management is satisfied. So keeping Pioli will definitively be the right thing to do, but not the best thing IMO.

For next season we need a new striker. We need a right winger who is capable of attacking and has speed and mobility. We need a creator to replace Hakan (Mkhitaryan maybe?), another perhaps younger creative midfielder to replace Meite, a fullback (perhaps keep Conti and Laxalt) and potentially a CB if Romag leaves. So we need 3 top players/potentially starters and at least 3 rotational players.

I'm willing to watch the EURO and give Belotti another chance but right now I'm all against him. I think he's vastly overrated and he stayed for too long in Turin to become anything else but a choker and loser. For Christ sake, there's a reason why he's pushing 28 and still playing for Torino. I'd rather sign someone who can bring either the unknown talent factor (like Leao should have done) or a tested and proven player. What do you guys think of Giroud for free and a versatile striker who can cover both CF and RW?

The creative spot to replace the ever undependable Hakan is what worries me. No real target comes to mind other then Mkhitaryan who is better then Hakan but still not what we need.

+Quote Post

William405
post May 24 2021, 03:00 PM
Post #2322

Allievi Regionali B

Aguero' a free agent..so is Diego Costa (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post

William405
post May 24 2021, 03:01 PM
Post #2323

Allievi Regionali B

Mandzu is leaving for sure Pippo.

I think Dalot could be always a decent backup and he can improve even more..it will all depend on where he wants to go also.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post May 24 2021, 03:02 PM
Post #2324

QUOTE (William405 @ May 24 2021, 03:00 PM) *
Aguero' a free agent..so is Diego Costa (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Aguero's about to sign for Barca, I think. And Costa hasn't played since December, for some reason he never found a club.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post May 24 2021, 04:42 PM
Post #2325

@Fillipo Bennacer had a bad season, there's no other way of seeing it, between constant injuries and the team playing badly in the second part. I don't doubt his qualities as a player. I think he and Kessie are the players we should start from in midfield.

Here's my way of looking at things:

Goalie: I really want Gigio to stay. Besides being a superb goalie, the way he incites the players is remarkable. He's a leader at 22 years old, a youth product, and should become the next Maldini.

Center backs: Romagnoli should stay. We'll be facing three intense competitions, so we need a decent third option, and Romagnoli can be that player. Granted, he hasn't lived up to expectations, but he's still a good defender. We also need a fourth option, cos guys like Gabbia and Kalulu don't convince me in the slightest. Maybe Caladara?

Fullbacks: I'd keep Dalot but I don't think the club is willing to spend what ManUtd is asking for a second option RB. Dalot has improved a lot throughout the season, and let's not forget he's only 22. But if he does leave then I think we'll sign Hysaj from Napoli. We also need to sign a sub for Theo.

Central midfield: Like I said, Bennacer and Kessie are untouchable. Tonali will also be signed permanently (although I am still puzzled by the way he disappeared from the radar in this last part of the season). Krunic I would sell. Let's not get emotional by this season's achievement, if we wanna aim higher players like Krunic have no place on this team. Meite I'm unsure of, because he's shown that he can be a very reliable player sometimes. If we don't keep him then obviously we need a fourth option in that midfield.

Attacking midfield: Hakan has been the worst player of the season for me. For a number 10 who's supposed to be the brains and spark of our attacks, he's been a huge let down. I would personally let him go, but who are we gonna sign instead? De Paul? Ilicic? They don't convince me. As for Brahim, if it's possible I would like to extend the loan for another season. He's a good backup to have.

Wingers: This is where push comes to shove. Our attack has been so poor this season, and that part of the pitch we need to invest the most in the summer. Get rid of Castillejo and Leao. Take Hauge out on loan. We need two top class wingers. Rebic and Saelemaekers can only be second choices. I have no idea who we can sign. Depay would have been great, free agent, but apparently he's also set for a Barca move.

Striker: Mandzukic just said his farewell. We need someone who can rotate with Zlatan. I like Belotti personally, but aren't there any other names we can go after? Vlahovic doesn't convince me 100%, and obviously Fiorentina will demand an arm and a leg for him.

It's gonna be an intense summer, maybe the Euros can showcase a few interesting talents. But we need to improve this team a lot, especially in attack. Three top forwards are imperative.

+Quote Post

157 Pages V  « < 153 154 155 156 157 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:21 AM