Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Winter Transfers 2016

TriniKing_CE
post Jan 6 2016, 12:57 PM
Post #31

CrAzY EyeS

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,723

Several sources (including ones from Brazil) have reported that Milan are leading the race to sign Atletico Mineiro centre back Jemerson.

I have no idea of him other than from searching the net:

http://www.whoscored.com/Players/130435

http://www.transfermarkt.com/jemerson/profil/spieler/258254

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jemerson
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

maldini03
post Jan 6 2016, 02:08 PM
Post #32

Esordienti A 95

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,029

I completely disagree han, I think that despite Lopez being a better keeper with the record to back that up, Donnaruma has completely made the position his own. Keepers don't usually show this much poise and promise at this age and I think he is a special talent. Furthermore I like that he is confident with the ball at his feet. I'll give you the point that during the game it gives me a heart attack when he is toying around with the ball, but Lopez is so much the opposite its like night and day. In the beginning of the season he was making me so angry with his inability to play the ball on the ground, combine that with the lack of skill in midfield and we were giving the ball away in our own half every time we passed the ball back, which was a lot. I'm not saying Donna is the reason we have gotten better since the start of the season, but having a keeper with ability on the ball is definitely a boon, as he is always an out for the defenders. He is also quick off of his line and ridiculously tall (6'5" !!!) for a 16 year old.

I don't necessarily agree with all of the hype that he is the next Buffon, mainly due to the fact that I rate Buffon as one of the best ever, but I do believe he has a bright future and playing him hasn't sacrificed our present situation. Goalkeeper is the least of our worries. With that being said, I say let him leave if he wants to, his contract is too big for a sub, and he is too good to be a sub. Last year he was great for us but I have the feeling he is perennially angry with our lack of success, especially coming from Real Madrid.

The names we are being linked with are hardly anything to get excited over, Felliani could be a decent player in Italy but not for anywhere near the amount of money that United wants for him. They simply bought him for way more than he is worth, a common problem in England, and now they refuse to get rid of him without recouping some of the losses. Would much rather spend the same kind of money on Witsel.

De Jong hasn't played and as much as I like him as a player and a strong leader, he doesn't fit into this team. We can simply not afford to play a midfielder with no skill going forward. I like the guy and I think in the right situation he is a good player, but not unless he is playing next to a few midfielders with creative/attacking skill, ala Gattuso under Ancelotti. Leicester is a good spot for him, I hope they win the Premier League, and he could help that push, let him go.

I've never seen this defender play, but the fact that they recognize that it is a need is at least comforting. I've also read rumors linking us to Banega which could be a good pick up for the right money.

The El Shaarawy situation is infuriating me, I have read that we are trying to get rid of Cerci which is good, but El Sha is a natural replacement for the wing. I still believe that he has the ability to be a good player and instead of spending the money on another player to potentially replace Cerci, why not just hang on to him.

+Quote Post

Forza Milan!
post Jan 7 2016, 05:40 AM
Post #33

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Member No.: 12,353

QUOTE (maldini03 @ Jan 6 2016, 03:08 PM) *
I completely disagree han, I think that despite Lopez being a better keeper with the record to back that up, Donnaruma has completely made the position his own. Keepers don't usually show this much poise and promise at this age and I think he is a special talent. Furthermore I like that he is confident with the ball at his feet. I'll give you the point that during the game it gives me a heart attack when he is toying around with the ball, but Lopez is so much the opposite its like night and day. In the beginning of the season he was making me so angry with his inability to play the ball on the ground, combine that with the lack of skill in midfield and we were giving the ball away in our own half every time we passed the ball back, which was a lot. I'm not saying Donna is the reason we have gotten better since the start of the season, but having a keeper with ability on the ball is definitely a boon, as he is always an out for the defenders. He is also quick off of his line and ridiculously tall (6'5" !!!) for a 16 year old.

I don't necessarily agree with all of the hype that he is the next Buffon, mainly due to the fact that I rate Buffon as one of the best ever, but I do believe he has a bright future and playing him hasn't sacrificed our present situation. Goalkeeper is the least of our worries. With that being said, I say let him leave if he wants to, his contract is too big for a sub, and he is too good to be a sub. Last year he was great for us but I have the feeling he is perennially angry with our lack of success, especially coming from Real Madrid.

The names we are being linked with are hardly anything to get excited over, Felliani could be a decent player in Italy but not for anywhere near the amount of money that United wants for him. They simply bought him for way more than he is worth, a common problem in England, and now they refuse to get rid of him without recouping some of the losses. Would much rather spend the same kind of money on Witsel.

De Jong hasn't played and as much as I like him as a player and a strong leader, he doesn't fit into this team. We can simply not afford to play a midfielder with no skill going forward. I like the guy and I think in the right situation he is a good player, but not unless he is playing next to a few midfielders with creative/attacking skill, ala Gattuso under Ancelotti. Leicester is a good spot for him, I hope they win the Premier League, and he could help that push, let him go.

I've never seen this defender play, but the fact that they recognize that it is a need is at least comforting. I've also read rumors linking us to Banega which could be a good pick up for the right money.

The El Shaarawy situation is infuriating me, I have read that we are trying to get rid of Cerci which is good, but El Sha is a natural replacement for the wing. I still believe that he has the ability to be a good player and instead of spending the money on another player to potentially replace Cerci, why not just hang on to him.

Well said, I agree with most of what you are saying.

Donnaruma does extremely well for his age, and it is good to see us make space for our youth players (should be doing more of it). No sense in keeping Lopez around, especially if he is generally unhappy.

We desperately need some creativity in midfield, and that means we need to "make space" by getting rid of some of the players we currently have there (especially those that are a bit too "one dimensional", and that includes De Jong). Fellani could be a good addition (though I have some reservations, don't need yet another "hot head"), but I doubt it we are going to spend that much money right now (and if we did there are probably better ways to spend it). BTW, doubt it we will get Witsel either (Zenit is not likely to sell him right now). Instead, I have a sinking feeling we will get some second-rate player from one of Galiani's favorite sources.

Mixed feelings about El Sha. Like the guy, and he could cover a hole we currently have. OTOH, I am not sure he is exactly what we need, and he seems to have "flopped" at Monaco.

+Quote Post

Forza Milan!
post Jan 8 2016, 07:16 PM
Post #34

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Member No.: 12,353

Saponara may be heading to Juve. But I guess he was not good enough for Milan.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Jan 9 2016, 10:29 AM
Post #35

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,564

In all honesty, I didn't see it in him. Maybe it's an Allegri fixation, don't think Juventus doesn't buy wrongly as well.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Jan 9 2016, 02:49 PM
Post #36

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

Indeed. Just because Juve are interested in him doesn't mean he is or will become a big player. That being said, I would much prefer him to what we currently have.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jan 9 2016, 08:23 PM
Post #37

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

I respectfully disagree with you guys on Donnarumma, I don't think he's all that and I certainly don't think that a top keeper should be benched for him. But it's pointless to get into it

As for Saponara. he has a clear vibe about him that reminds me of the likes of Gila, Cerci, etc.

Perfectly comfortable at a team like Empoli where he can shine but shrivels into a corner at a bigger club, I really do wish Juve will throw millions at him. At least it won't be us for once who are duped (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Jan 10 2016, 12:33 AM
Post #38

Mediaset said Donnarumma made two vital saves tonight in the first half, and named him MVP.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Jan 10 2016, 03:59 PM
Post #39

Primavera
Group Icon

Nevermind Mediaset. The thing is, we still have a disorganized defense. Now, Donna maybe a great potential with sharp reflexes and great reactions. But he still has a lot to learn, and putting a rookie goalie directly into a fire without a stellar defense to give him security and strength isn't good at all. On the other hand, I can see no viable reason for Lopez getting benched.

In the end, it all come up to this: you guys believe Donnarumma is better the Lopez at the moment?

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Jan 10 2016, 05:02 PM
Post #40

I think they're equally good.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Jan 10 2016, 06:19 PM
Post #41

Primavera
Group Icon

Really??

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Jan 10 2016, 08:48 PM
Post #42

Yeah. Donnarumma hasn't made any mistakes that Lopez didn't which would make him worse, and he's made some good saves overall. Lopez was good, reliable, but he wasn't a world beater or anything.

+Quote Post

maldini03
post Jan 12 2016, 12:25 AM
Post #43

Esordienti A 95

Member No.: 2,029

I agree that they were equal, for me Donna is a much better keeper on the ball which helps out the defense. Plus to me Lopez was on and off. It seemed one game he was the worlds best while the next he was very average. Compound this with his endless frustration for the situation, I'll take Donna.

In other news I've read a rumor about Chelsea and Man Utd looking to bring Bacca in for 30 Million Pounds which is about 40 million Euros. I would gladly take this, Bacca is a hell of a finisher but he is also 30 years old. I also feel like a good box goal scorer is a dime a dozen these days, and their success mostly hinges on the teams ability to provide.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Jan 12 2016, 07:59 AM
Post #44

QUOTE (maldini03 @ Jan 12 2016, 12:25 AM) *
In other news I've read a rumor about Chelsea and Man Utd looking to bring Bacca in for 30 Million Pounds which is about 40 million Euros. I would gladly take this, Bacca is a hell of a finisher but he is also 30 years old. I also feel like a good box goal scorer is a dime a dozen these days, and their success mostly hinges on the teams ability to provide.

I agree. I would keep Adriano, Niang, Balotelli and Menez (who finally started training with the team) as strikers and invest those 40 million into a world class right winger.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Jan 12 2016, 01:03 PM
Post #45

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jan 12 2016, 09:59 AM) *
I agree. I would keep Adriano, Niang, Balotelli and Menez (who finally started training with the team) as strikers and invest those 40 million into a world class right winger.

You would? Half of the mentioned players are crappy unreliable finishers while the other half (Menez and Balo) have more then one issue and are still listed as injured.

Also, how much did we pay Bacca? No, if we wanna move forward, selling the only man who stands out this season isn't the right move.

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 12:56 PM