dst
post May 21 2009, 11:46 PM
Post #16

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 911

QUOTE (Zed.D @ May 22 2009, 12:52 AM) *
Almost 2 decades have passed since Sacchi and Capello took over at Milan. football was different back then. and Carlo wasn't really a nobody. having finished as runner up 3 times before joining Milan, he was more an 'almost' man. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

Football has not changed all that much... just look at Guardiola.

In my opinion a coach's role is overrated. Nowadays all coaches have studied a lot on tactics and there are no surprises in that aspect. The most important quality a coach needs to possess these days is man management skills. The perfect example is Mourinho. Whatever he does tactically I have seen before, he has done nothing in that aspect that makes him a great tactician in my opinion. Even if you disagree with me on that I think you will agree on something else; he is not as successful as he is because of his tactical skills but more because of his man management skills.

My opinion is that with a great squad, any coach that knows the basics, is not too stubborn (every coach is stubborn more or less but if, for example, you play Seedorf week in week out you are TOO stubborn), and most importantly has control over the dressing room as a coach and not as a friend can succeed.

That's what I think our next coach should have: good man-management skills!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

TriniKing_CE
post May 21 2009, 11:53 PM
Post #17

CrAzY EyeS

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,723

QUOTE (I_Rossoneri @ May 21 2009, 06:41 PM) *
Looks like I'll have to keep the champagne on ice for a little while longer (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

Huh? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)

+Quote Post

TriniKing_CE
post May 21 2009, 11:56 PM
Post #18

CrAzY EyeS

Member No.: 3,723

QUOTE (dst @ May 21 2009, 06:46 PM) *

Not sure if this is the only thing, but I definitely agree with you on that.
A good relationship with a team is so crucial!

This post has been edited by TriniKing_CE: May 21 2009, 11:57 PM

+Quote Post

il_diavolo_mtl
post May 22 2009, 12:30 AM
Post #19

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 6,245

i want a coach with attitutde, flair and experience. Was hoping for Rijkaard attacking-football but i honestly think MVB gets the nod.

+Quote Post

Bluesummers
post May 22 2009, 07:12 AM
Post #20

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 1,660

Gotta agree with DST here. I'm becoming a coach and I'm studying all the stuff the top coaches around europe are studying for their lisences so its not like theres secret information. Everyone knows the same things regarding tactics. There is no such thing as the term a great tactican because everyone has access to the same info.

What makes you world class is your man management skills and your intuition. The brilliant strokes that carlo used to do would win us many games. He is a shadow of his former self. Perhaps he himself has grown tired of us as we have of him.

I'd be happy with mvb or rijkaard. But i'm going to say its going to be mvb.

This post has been edited by Bluesummers: May 22 2009, 07:13 AM

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post May 22 2009, 08:32 AM
Post #21

Primavera

Member No.: 1,265

QUOTE (dst @ May 22 2009, 03:16 AM) *
Football has not changed all that much... just look at Guardiola.

In my opinion a coach's role is overrated. Nowadays all coaches have studied a lot on tactics and there are no surprises in that aspect. The most important quality a coach needs to possess these days is man management skills. The perfect example is Mourinho. Whatever he does tactically I have seen before, he has done nothing in that aspect that makes him a great tactician in my opinion. Even if you disagree with me on that I think you will agree on something else; he is not as successful as he is because of his tactical skills but more because of his man management skills.

My opinion is that with a great squad, any coach that knows the basics, is not too stubborn (every coach is stubborn more or less but if, for example, you play Seedorf week in week out you are TOO stubborn), and most importantly has control over the dressing room as a coach and not as a friend can succeed.

As much as want to believe that, I can't. at Barca there weren't many players who'd won everything there is to win out there. just as Pep said, most of it is down to the players not him. they were hungry, they fought and they earned success. at Milan, it's totally different. we have too many unmotivated winners/champions. I can't see how a young coach with zero experience can handle it. he benches the currently regular Mr. X or Y and a mutiny will happen in the locker room. if he continues Carlo's way, the team won't get anywhere. it's not easy. yes, someone like Billy would be good choice as far as man management skills are concerned as he's a charismatic figure. but Tassotti...? Leonardo...? even the Primavera coach Galli? I don't think so. unless there's going to be an overhaul in the squad which I can't see happening.

This post has been edited by Zed.D: May 22 2009, 10:27 AM

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post May 22 2009, 10:27 AM
Post #22

Primavera

QUOTE (Channel4)
Blog: Is Van the man?

With Carlo Ancelotti’s future at Milan still a point of debate, Dave Taylor excludes Marco Van Basten as a possible successor

Reports that Milan are considering the appointment of Marco Van Basten as their new Coach, should Carlo Ancelotti move on, just won’t go away. Especially after some of the club’s hierarchy had nothing but kinds words to say about the one-time Flying Dutchman who recently walked out on Ajax.

The former Rossoneri hero was admittedly a giant on the field of play and a true calcio legend, scoring a phenomenal 90 goals in almost 150 games for the club. However, as the old adage warns us, a great player does not necessarily make a great Coach.

His managerial record certainly doesn’t stand up to scrutiny. As Holland boss his side were dumped out of the 2006 World Cup by Portugal in their first true test at the last 16 stage. Two years later at Euro 2008, despite a couple of good games against Italy and France, he was totally outthought by Russia’s Guus Hiddink in the quarter-finals.

His lack of experience, especially when being considered for a massive European club like Milan, should immediately count against him. He certainly showed his shortcomings after leaving the international stage at Ajax last summer.

On his arrival the fans felt it was the start of a new winning era. They soon changed their mind. They were eliminated from the Dutch Cup by lowly Volendam and suffered several embarrassing defeats, including reverses to Heerenveen and PSV who put five and six past them respectively.

Let’s face it, outside the top three most Dutch First Division teams would have a hard time matching a majority of Serie B clubs. So why do those at Via Turati think he is good enough to boss their team? The fans are certainly split and there seems little doubt that the players prefer Carlo.

I personally feel that Marco is not a great leader of men and his reputation for being detached and uncaring is hardly likely to enamour him to the players either. I loved him as a player, but he has it all to prove as a Coach.

+Quote Post

Bluesummers
post May 22 2009, 11:01 AM
Post #23

Allievi Nazionali

Dutch league or the international stage does not equal milan or the italian league.

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post May 22 2009, 12:19 PM
Post #24

Primavera

(IMG:http://tinypic.info/files/8uby8hu83b76h3r7u38x.gif) @ this one:

Milan's Ancelotti Will Take Seedorf To Chelsea If He Goes There - Jose Altafini

The Italo-Brazilian legend believes Seedorf is certain to leave Milan and follow Ancelotti to Chelsea if the coach signs for them this summer...

Milan legend Jose Altafini believes coach Carlo Ancelotti will take Clarence Seedorf with him to Chelsea if he joins the Blues this summer.

Speculation regarding the coach's future at the San Siro remains rife. Rossoneri vice-president Adriano Galliani revealed that he would announce the club's plans regarding the bench on Monday.

Ancelotti has been linked with the Chelsea post since last year, but neither club has made any official announcement. Although 'Carletto's' future remains unclear, Altafini, who enjoyed great success with Milan during his prime, is certain that Seedorf will follow his coach to west London if he does eventually join Chelsea.

"If Ancelotti goes to Chelsea, then he will take at least one player with him," Altafini told Sky Sport Italia.

"I think he will certainly take Seedorf with him to Chelsea because he is a player liked by many, including Ancelotti.

"In addition, if [Marco] Van Basten takes over at Milan, Seedorf doesn't get along with him, and so this could be another factor."

The coach has one year left on his current deal at San Siro, but he is being hotly tipped to take over from Guus Hiddink by English and Italian media reports.

+Quote Post

han2503
post May 22 2009, 12:30 PM
Post #25

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

Another big issue with Van Basten.

Seedorf and him don't get along, I personally don't blame Van Basten because Seedorf can be a real tool if things don't go his way, and I'de be so happy seeing Seedorf slug his way every week through premiership matches.

But I don't want us to have any problems when it comes to the coach and the players. Again, Rijkaard or Prandelli would be far better in all aspects when comparing them to Van Basten. He's simply not a good tactician, and neither is he a good man manager

+Quote Post

6Best
post May 22 2009, 03:10 PM
Post #26

Pulcini Provinciali 98

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 6,299

QUOTE (Zed.D @ May 22 2009, 04:19 PM) *
(IMG:http://tinypic.info/files/8uby8hu83b76h3r7u38x.gif) @ this one:

Milan's Ancelotti Will Take Seedorf To Chelsea If He Goes There - Jose Altafini

The Italo-Brazilian legend believes Seedorf is certain to leave Milan and follow Ancelotti to Chelsea if the coach signs for them this summer...

Milan legend Jose Altafini believes coach Carlo Ancelotti will take Clarence Seedorf with him to Chelsea if he joins the Blues this summer.

Speculation regarding the coach's future at the San Siro remains rife. Rossoneri vice-president Adriano Galliani revealed that he would announce the club's plans regarding the bench on Monday.

Ancelotti has been linked with the Chelsea post since last year, but neither club has made any official announcement. Although 'Carletto's' future remains unclear, Altafini, who enjoyed great success with Milan during his prime, is certain that Seedorf will follow his coach to west London if he does eventually join Chelsea.

"If Ancelotti goes to Chelsea, then he will take at least one player with him," Altafini told Sky Sport Italia.

"I think he will certainly take Seedorf with him to Chelsea because he is a player liked by many, including Ancelotti.

"In addition, if [Marco] Van Basten takes over at Milan, Seedorf doesn't get along with him, and so this could be another factor."

The coach has one year left on his current deal at San Siro, but he is being hotly tipped to take over from Guus Hiddink by English and Italian media reports.

Lol , that would solve all problems . (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

+Quote Post

I_Rossoneri
post May 22 2009, 06:52 PM
Post #27

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 558

QUOTE (TriniKing_CE @ May 21 2009, 11:53 PM) *

...to celebrate when carlo leaves (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post

Milan Are Brilli...
post May 22 2009, 07:53 PM
Post #28

Berretti
Group Icon

Member No.: 90

QUOTE (han2503 @ May 22 2009, 12:30 PM) *
Again, Rijkaard or Prandelli would be far better in all aspects when comparing them to Van Basten. He's simply not a good tactician, and neither is he a good man manager

Give Van Basten a few more years in managing, but agreed, Rijkaard has had a big job before did fairly well and I think he would be the obvious replacement.

+Quote Post

Bluesummers
post May 22 2009, 10:03 PM
Post #29

Allievi Nazionali

Jose Mourinho Reiterates Carlo Ancelotti To Chelsea Stance

Having already predicted that Milan coach Carlo Ancelotti, will wind up at Chelsea, Inter's Jose Mourinho has expanded upon his prediction.

In fact, he now claims to have inside information which confirms 'Carletto' as Guus Hiddink's summer successor.

"My friends at Chelsea tell me it will be Carlo," 'Mou' told Sky Italia.

"Some [Chelsea] players are asking me the typical question: 'Gaffer, will he be good for us, do you think it will be positive?'

"I responded that he seems to me to be a very well prepared coach, very close to his players who can create an atmosphere of great empathy with his players."

The former Blues tactician then predicted that his Rossoneri rival can make the transition to west London and Stamford Bridge, despite fears to the contrary, but only if he takes things in his stride.

"He could adapt," Mourinho said. "He [will have] a group of players who are waiting for a good coach in order to win, because it is a squad that wants to win.

"If Carlo goes or not, it is his problem. I will wish him all the best.

"And if he asks for my opinion, I will tell him that with these players, with this club, he should not think too much because it is a great adventure."

Mourinho's words will have added new weight to the recent rumours.

Yeah he's gone. Usually Mourinho doesn't say stuff like this if it were not true. He is probably celebrating in private (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

This post has been edited by Bluesummers: May 22 2009, 10:04 PM

+Quote Post

Bluesummers
post May 22 2009, 10:10 PM
Post #30

Allievi Nazionali

Newest rumours from Milan suggest that AC Milan coach Carlo Ancelotti will remain and soon extend his contract until June 2012.

TMW reported this.

Mourinho says he is gone as well as other top members of football, however the press reports something different. At this point we'll just have to wait as there has been zero information to go upon other than opinions and faulty speculation.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 02:30 AM