> World Cup 2014

acid911
post Jun 20 2014, 08:18 PM
Post #811

Berretti

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,736

QUOTE (Danny @ Jun 21 2014, 12:35 AM) *
Balotelli, sporadic quality aside V England, is a waste of a jersey and a choker. I truly cannot wait till we sell him.

The sad thing is that he has talent, just lacks application. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sleep.gif) Hence he chokes almost every time the going gets tough. Unlike say Ibra, who has talent and can apply it, but too often gets marked out of the game. He also chokes, or has choked throughout his career, but unlike Balotelli, one can't blame that on laziness and no-care attitude.

QUOTE (han2503 @ Jun 21 2014, 12:45 AM) *
Like I said in that same post though, Italy lost to Ireland in that tournament as well

Yeah, well, losses happen, they want to the final, alright. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) Not saying this team can't, but now they've made things difficult not just for themselves, but for Uruguay too. Who also share the blame. As do Costa Rica, they brought their A game to the tournament, and proven themselves as worthy winners.

And I think it does matter physiologically how that heat effects you. I don't think they were ever going to try to hassle for the ball, that would have tired them out earlier, the problem was that the midfield was just messed up.

Weak mentality, then, as I said. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif) Maldini, Nesta, Ronaldo, other icons from the past generation possessed much better mentality, in all conditions. Not blaming things, this is just how football is now a days. But like I said, some duds, some bad selection, some lazy basturds, and this is what happens.

I was rooting for an Italian win today, through and through. They had it in them to win the 3 points.

There was a complete disconnect in that midfield, it was like it was chopped up into areas, which is something I've rarely seen from a Prandelli side.

Agreed. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) Ugly and disappointing.

As for the Uruguay game, we'll see what happens, as I've said multiple times I'm just not confident about them even getting a draw now.

Let's just hope for a good match now. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif) Although it would pain me to see only one team of the two I rate highly walking out of it alive. Still, all credit to Costa Rica, they brought it, like I said. But on the whole, this loss hurt me more than the Brazil draw against the Mehicans.

And as a Brazilan fan that was another total disappointment. Fred and Jo masquerading as strikers. Oh my!

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jun 21 2014, 12:50 AM) *
You and me both.

Hey, me too. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) I've been all for selling him. I gave Balotelli a fair enough chance, alright, but he is yet to impress me in one match in a Milan shirt. In matches that he did perform well, it was the bare minimum expected. In matches where I though he'd perform well and see us through he was always found wanting. And then his attitude.

No thanks, we can manage with a lesser being. A striker that has some talent, and applies it every time.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Jun 20 2014, 09:30 PM
Post #812

Prima Squadra

Member No.: 3,660

France look mighty impressive.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jun 20 2014, 09:37 PM
Post #813

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 20 2014, 09:30 PM) *

Not watching but keeping track of the score. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif)

+Quote Post

William405
post Jun 20 2014, 09:47 PM
Post #814

Allievi Regionali B

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 7,239

Just a funny remark I thought I'd bring from MilanObsession's Elaine:

Elaine:

I blame Italy's loss on the wave of English support for this match. That support hasn't won England anything in over 50 years. Damn you!! ;P

I agree with everything's that has been said here. Italy just cracked under pressure. They were not frustrating as hell during that second half!

Yes, I blame Prandelli for setting them on the wrong foot...although he did a good job with the subs on half time..the mentality of the players was quite done already. Countless offside calls, misplaced passes..lost balls. It wasn't good to see. Let's see what happens with Uruguay..not so optimistic.

This post has been edited by William405: Jun 20 2014, 09:48 PM

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Jun 20 2014, 09:52 PM
Post #815

Prima Squadra

Poor Benzema. Scored a great goal...seconds after the final whistle, doesn't count.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Jun 20 2014, 09:56 PM
Post #816

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,730

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 20 2014, 08:30 PM) *

Easy to look impressive against the might of Honduras and Switzerland.

I give them credit for a really good start to this world cup but the group they're in was slagged off pre-tournament as a total stroll.

If they do this in the next round against better teams I will start to take real notice of them.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Jun 20 2014, 10:12 PM
Post #817

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

Switzerland have a pretty decent team on paper.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Jun 20 2014, 10:21 PM
Post #818

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jun 20 2014, 09:12 PM) *
Switzerland have a pretty decent team on paper.

Agreed, but then so do Milan!

If only theory converted to practise.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Jun 20 2014, 11:08 PM
Post #819

Prima Squadra

the Swiss are pretty decent I think. To put 5 past them is pretty special.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jun 20 2014, 11:55 PM
Post #820

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

France will stroll to the semis or until they meet Argentina, the groups are so lopsided in this world cup it's ridiculous.

I don't think it's pressure that got to Italy, it was just a badly set up gameplan from Prandelli, and personally I think he got his subs wrong as well, Immobile needed to come on in that second half imo, Balo was very isolated in the first and was being expected to play the role of a target man with no one to play off of. Marchisio who's great at making those late runs into the box from midfield was isolated on the wing.

There was so much wrong wth how Italy set up today it's just impossible to touch up on all of the points

Best thing to do now is to play a counter attacking game againt Uruguay, I really don't think they know how to take the game to their opponent, their only system is counter attacking, if they need to do anything else they struggle. Just line up a strong midfield and defence and play someone quick next to Balo

+Quote Post

Danny
post Jun 21 2014, 02:14 AM
Post #821

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 20 2014, 10:08 PM) *
the Swiss are pretty decent I think. To put 5 past them is pretty special.

Decent, yes. 6th in the world as defined by FIFA? Errr, no.

They're a solid enough team who had the easiest possible world cup qualifying group. Iceland, Slovenia, Norway, Albania and Cyprus. F*ck I think SCOTLAND could have qualified winners from that group!

They've not really had a serious competitive challenge till tonight and they were absolutely destroyed.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Jun 21 2014, 04:21 AM
Post #822

Prima Squadra

QUOTE (Danny @ Jun 21 2014, 03:14 AM) *
Decent, yes. 6th in the world as defined by FIFA? Errr, no.

Agreed. FIFA rankings are hilarious. You could draw all the teams out of a hat and come up with more accurate rankings.

Glad Honduras lost. Don't think there's a team I hate more in the tournament than these thugs. Their pre-tournament game v England and then their 2 WC games have been a complete disgrace.

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Jun 21 2014, 04:39 PM
Post #823

Primavera

Member No.: 1,265

**** man, we're playing Argentina! now watch Messi and co. add plenty of goals to their tally...

+Quote Post

acid911
post Jun 21 2014, 05:47 PM
Post #824

Berretti

Member No.: 3,736

It's not the possession, sucker, it's what you do with it. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy.gif) Iran : Argentina, 29% : 71%.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Jun 21 2014, 05:53 PM
Post #825

Prima Squadra

Shock so far, Argentina holding Iran to a draw.

+Quote Post

108 Pages V  « < 53 54 55 56 57 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 06:03 AM