> Summer transfers 2012

Fillipo Simone
post Feb 1 2012, 12:33 PM
Post #1

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,564

So, here we are. My wishes are reduced to the minimum: another fullback who can play on the right side, a world class midfielder or no midfielder at all and a whole new medical team. The last one should be mandatory (IMG:style_emoticons/default/innocent.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

han2503
post Feb 1 2012, 02:20 PM
Post #2

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Feb 1 2012, 12:33 PM) *
So, here we are. My wishes are reduced to the minimum: another fullback who can play on the right side, a world class midfielder or no midfielder at all and a whole new medical team. The last one should be mandatory (IMG:style_emoticons/default/innocent.gif)

A right sided FB? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)

Abate made a mistake against Inter and suddenly he needs to be replaced? He's one of the best FBs in the league, and this is reluctantly agreed upon by supporters of other teams. He's had a so so season so far as well as an injury which rarely happens to him. I think he's more than gained the confidence of the fans and coach.

I think we'll go all out for Monto and De Rosso in the summer, simply because they're free and that is what we can afford.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Feb 1 2012, 02:43 PM
Post #3

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

QUOTE (han2503 @ Feb 1 2012, 02:20 PM) *
A right sided FB? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)

Abate made a mistake against Inter and suddenly he needs to be replaced? He's one of the best FBs in the league, and this is reluctantly agreed upon by supporters of other teams. He's had a so so season so far as well as an injury which rarely happens to him. I think he's more than gained the confidence of the fans and coach.

I think we'll go all out for Monto and De Rosso in the summer, simply because they're free and that is what we can afford.

Yes, a right sided FB.

Firstly, we don't have a real backup for Abate; next season Zambrotta IMO will/should be used as a bonus, a veteran fullback for dire situations. But what's Abates real backup? Bonera?

Secondly, we've still got two left fullbacks plus Urbi and Taiwo if he returns. Since there ain't many promising leftbacks available, I don't see the point in piling up more average players.

Thirdly, it's not just the mistake Abate made. He made an impressive improvement in terms of defending, yet he still isn't that great. Against Barcelona he also shares some responsibility for the goal(s) we conceded. But, that's not what makes me nervous - it's the fact that Abate occupies the position of a offensive FB while in fact he's totally incapable of producing any assists, good shots or intelligent runs. All this fuss, all his running up and down comes mostly to nothing. His poor technique and his clumsy passing isn't helping as well.

+Quote Post

KillerMax
post Feb 1 2012, 03:12 PM
Post #4

Allievi Nazionali

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 1,388

I don't know about De Rosso han but that Roma vice-captain isn't bad! (OMG it's the acid virus!!) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

I think Galliani will do some nice deals in the summer. Teams like Man City, Real, Chelsea are always ripe with quality rejects ready to be rejuvenated. An attacking midfielder is a must. But maybe someone with different qualities than Kaka. Someone more powerful that Allegri can work with. Inter are having problems with Snejider. Maybe he can be an option. My ideal buys would be lesser known, but quality players who have the confidence part down. No more Gourcuffs and Merkels. I think Nuri Sahin would be a fan-f@cking-tastic acquisition. I think the Bundesliga is a great place to look for talent too. It's impressive that Bayern are not a selling club, but they are truly ripe with talent right now. Maybe look at other teams there. I'm also tired of seeing so many Brazilians come our way. I wanna see us mix it up a bit. Go for some Eastern European talents maybe.

I think we are good in the GK department. If not Abbiati, Amelia. Both great keepers any big team would lucky to have in this day and age were superstar keepers are on the brink of extinction.

In defense I wanna wait and see how Mesbah does in the LB department. But I think, between him and Emanuelson, we are decent enough. I want Antonini out. I would prefer to let Bonera go and buy a more solid CB that can slowly take the 3rd CB position from Mexes while he gradually replaces Nesta. I don't know if Nesta will renew, but I hope he does. He seems capable. I don't know if others agree, but I see Nesta as the last great defender. Costacurta, Maldini and him have been mystical to say the least. I don't think their techniques have been understood by other aspiring defenders around the world and they are at the brink of extinction too it seems. I view Baresi and Silva more in the same mold in that, determination and grit are their main arsenal against attackers rather than technique and, for a lack of a better term, mystical tactical understanding of the game.

In midfield... Oh dear. Where do I start? I want Ambrosini, Gattuso, Flamini, and Seedorf out. No apologies. Goddamn that's a bit scary but also exciting. So that will leave us with: (assuming we decide to keep Starsser, Merkel and Van Bommel)

Aquilani, Boateng, Emanuelson, Nocerino, Van Bommel, Merkel Starasser.

Very very thin.
My dream signings: Sahin, De Rossi (One can dream) and another couple of quality but lesser known players.

In attack, I would sell Pato and let Inzaghi retire or leave. I don't think we'll keep Maxi. That will leave us with: El Shaarawy, Cassano, Ibra and Robinho.

A possible fantastic signing could be Olivier Giroud of Montpellier.

I would also start a very serious task force to tackle the injury issues.

Here's my 12-13 formation:

Abbiati
Abate Nesta Silva Mesbah
De Rossi Nocerino
Boateng Sahin
Cassano
Ibrahimovic

This post has been edited by KillerMax: Feb 1 2012, 03:27 PM

+Quote Post

d'Arc.LP
post Feb 1 2012, 03:44 PM
Post #5

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 6,786

IF I were Galliani:

Out:
Roma - 0.5 mln / season
Gattuso - 4 mln / season
Seedorf - 3 mln / season
Zambrotta - 3.5 mln / season
Inzaghi - 0.8 mln / season
Yepes - 1mln / season

Maxi Lopez - 2.5 mln / season, we don't buy him in the end so we don't have to pay his wages

We save 15.3 mln from their wages

Renew:
Flamini - from 4.5 mln / season to 3 mln / season, otherwise he shouldn't get a new contract
Van Bommel - from 3.5 mln / season to 2.5 mln / season, otherwise he shouldn't get a new contract
Ambrosini - from 3.0 mln / season to 1.5 mln / season, one year contract after that to get retired
Nesta - from 2.5 mln / season to 1.5 mln / season, one year contract after that to get retired

We save 5 mln from the wage cuts of their wages

In total we save 20.3 mln from our players wages. Now, Berlusconi said that he usually invests 50 mln/season in Milan, but we all know that's not true. Last year, with new contracts for free transfered players, and the installment for Ibrahimovic and Boateng, we spent 30-35 mln, so I'm going to prejudice that we have around 25-30 mln for the summer.

So 20.3 mln (from wages) + 25-30 mln = 45.3 - 50.3 mln to invest in new players and contracts.

In:
Antonio Donnarumma GK - promote from primavera
Ricardo José Ferreira CB - promote from primavera
De Sciglio RB - promote from primavera, very promising and talented player
De Rossi for free - 8 mln / season
Montolivo for free - 4 mln / season
Aquilani full ownership 6 mln
Mario Balotelli for 20 mln - 6 mln/season
Mesbah for 2 mln

All this (also their wages) cost 44 mln, which is lower sum than 45.3 mln.

We would have a team like this:

1st team:

Abbiati
Abate - Mexes - Silva - Mesbah
Montolivo - De Rossi - Boateng
Robinho
Balotelli - Ibrahimovic

2nd team :

Amelia
De Sciglio - Nesta - Bonera - Taiwo
Flamini - Van Bommel - Nocerino
Aquilani
Pato - Cassano

Reserve Squad: Antonio Donnarumma, Ricardo José Ferreira, Antonini, Ambrosini, Emanuelson, Strasser, El Shaarawy and Kingsley Boateng.

+Quote Post

KillerMax
post Feb 1 2012, 04:24 PM
Post #6

Allievi Nazionali

Why on Earth Montolivo would be picked over Nocerino is beyond me. The guy is having a giant season with us and doesn't look like he is about to stop.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Feb 1 2012, 04:26 PM
Post #7

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

I don't think the mathematics behind it are that simple.

Also, there is no way we'd offer 6m to Aqui, he'd be on 3.5m maximum, if De Rossi comes in, I think 7m should be able to convince him. Monto also, 3m would be a great deal for him as he's not on a huge contract at Fiorentina

+Quote Post

d'Arc.LP
post Feb 1 2012, 04:26 PM
Post #8

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Montolivo/Aquilani would start over Nocerino 'cos we need a creative midfielder in our starting formation. That was proven in lots of games this season, starting with the game against Juventus. Eitherway, Nocerino failed to impress against big teams (just as Aquilani did), and with all those midfielders I wouldn't choose Nocerino over Boateng or De Rossi.

QUOTE (han2503 @ Feb 1 2012, 04:26 PM) *
I don't think the mathematics behind it are that simple.

Also, there is no way we'd offer 6m to Aqui, he'd be on 3.5m maximum, if De Rossi comes in, I think 7m should be able to convince him. Monto also, 3m would be a great deal for him as he's not on a huge contract at Fiorentina

Yes, but we'll have to pay Liverpool 6 mln after he plays for 25 games.

This post has been edited by d'Arc.LP: Feb 1 2012, 04:30 PM

+Quote Post

KillerMax
post Feb 1 2012, 04:35 PM
Post #9

Allievi Nazionali

That was more due to him being used on the right than the left. IMO, Nocerino has been nothing short of impressive this season. Failed to impress? More like he didn't pull magic out of his @ss(which he did do to everyone's surprise in some other games) in games that we, as a team were playing poorly.

This post has been edited by KillerMax: Feb 1 2012, 04:36 PM

+Quote Post

d'Arc.LP
post Feb 1 2012, 04:44 PM
Post #10

Giovanissimi Nazionali

QUOTE (KillerMax @ Feb 1 2012, 04:35 PM) *
That was more due to him being used on the right than the left. IMO, Nocerino has been nothing short of impressive this season. Failed to impress? More like he didn't pull magic out of his @ss(which he did do to everyone's surprise in some other games) in games that we, as a team were playing poorly.

Yes, and that 'cos we were playing without a creative midfielder. I don't really have a problem with Nocerino, in fact, as all Milan fans, I like him and really appreciate what he has done for Milan this season, but it would a "race" between him and Boateng for that position. But again, Boateng "pulled magic out of his @***" against a big team like Barcelona, so I guess he wins.

+Quote Post

KillerMax
post Feb 1 2012, 05:09 PM
Post #11

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (d'Arc.LP @ Feb 1 2012, 09:44 AM) *
Boateng "pulled magic out of his @***" against a big team like Barcelona, so I guess he wins.

Basically we have been saved this season by Boateng, Nocerino and Ibra pulling magic out of their @sses. No wonder our performances stink.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Feb 1 2012, 05:15 PM
Post #12

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (KillerMax @ Feb 1 2012, 05:09 PM) *
Basically we have been saved this season by Boateng, Nocerino and Ibra pulling magic out of their @sses. No wonder our performances stink.

This is what really worries me atm

Last season we performed more as a team, even with all the new players. Pato, Ibra, Robs, they all were our top scorers, not just Ibra.

And maybe not in the first part of the season because we did rely on Ibra so much, but in the second part, you could really see the collective working for the wins, so much so, that even when Ibra kept getting suspended and wasn't playing at his best we still blew teams like Inter, Juve, Napoli, etc out of the water.

This season, I'm just not seeing anything click. Even when the result looks great, it's mostly just a disjointed performance with isolated incidents that resulted in goals. And this is the reason why our results against the big teams have been terrible this season

Juve on the other hand, might not be great as individuals aside from a handful of players, but collectively, they do work better than us as a team, which is why they're yet to be beaten, and why I admire Conte's work so much

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Feb 1 2012, 05:24 PM
Post #13

Prima Squadra

Member No.: 3,660

I'll go with what Fillipo says. I think Abate is good, but he needs a rest and isn't exactly a World class defender anyway. Maybe the competition would help push him. A real AM is a must, as is an entire new medical staff.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Feb 1 2012, 05:29 PM
Post #14

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Feb 1 2012, 05:24 PM) *
I'll go with what Fillipo says. I think Abate is good, but he needs a rest and isn't exactly a World class defender anyway. Maybe the competition would help push him. A real AM is a must, as is an entire new medical staff.

I agree with Filippo wanted a backup RB. Getting rid of Antonini on the left and replacing him with a RB would be a good move.

Abate is still very young, he's very determined, I believe that he'll be a great FB one day. Maybe not on the Maicon level but still a top RB, when there are very limited options in that department

As for a real AM, I don't think it's a must, simply because I don't believe that Allegri wants one. And will either adopt a 3-striker system (should Tevez join in the summer), or keep using Boateng there. He clearly has no intention of utilising an AM. I've never even seen any attacking mids linked to us in the media. We only seem to get linked with central mids, DMs and strikers.

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Feb 1 2012, 05:31 PM
Post #15

Primavera

Member No.: 1,265

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Feb 1 2012, 06:13 PM) *
Yes, a right sided FB.

Firstly, we don't have a real backup for Abate; next season Zambrotta IMO will/should be used as a bonus, a veteran fullback for dire situations. But what's Abates real backup? Bonera?

Secondly, we've still got two left fullbacks plus Urbi and Taiwo if he returns. Since there ain't many promising leftbacks available, I don't see the point in piling up more average players.

Thirdly, it's not just the mistake Abate made. He made an impressive improvement in terms of defending, yet he still isn't that great. Against Barcelona he also shares some responsibility for the goal(s) we conceded. But, that's not what makes me nervous - it's the fact that Abate occupies the position of a offensive FB while in fact he's totally incapable of producing any assists, good shots or intelligent runs. All this fuss, all his running up and down comes mostly to nothing. His poor technique and his clumsy passing isn't helping as well.

+1

I don't think, however, that his passing is that bad. and he doesn't need technique that much when he can get past opponents using his pace. it's that final touch i.e. his crosses, and god forbid, his shots on goal, that leaves me unimpressed.

This post has been edited by Zed.D: Feb 1 2012, 05:34 PM

+Quote Post

313 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:30 AM