Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Thai investor interested in Milan

Danny
post Dec 13 2014, 02:39 AM
Post #1

Allievi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 6,730

Been quoted almost a billion Euros by Silvio. Clearly we're interested in selling now, albeit he can't afford the full price so wants shares.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Dec 13 2014, 09:44 AM
Post #2

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

€900 million is an insane price tag. How about €600 million, dear ol' Silvio?

+Quote Post

d'Arc.LP
post Dec 13 2014, 12:56 PM
Post #3

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,786

Bee Taechaubol: "I would like to buy Milan, but they want €900m. I can't meet that valuation, but..."

source: Sky

+Quote Post

Danny
post Dec 13 2014, 01:12 PM
Post #4

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Dec 13 2014, 08:44 AM) *
€900 million is an insane price tag. How about €600 million, dear ol' Silvio?

Milan, despite our precious current mess, is still a gigantic brand, and we're definitely worth that kind of money commercially. But it's not our 'football' value in terms of how good we are right now, and your 600 is probably fair in that context.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Dec 13 2014, 03:01 PM
Post #5

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Danny @ Dec 13 2014, 01:12 PM) *
Milan, despite our precious current mess, is still a gigantic brand, and we're definitely worth that kind of money commercially. But it's not our 'football' value in terms of how good we are right now, and your 600 is probably fair in that context.

It's still a huge brand, but atm we're just not up there, sure we have cleared most of our debts. But for a club that isn't going to be making CL football next year and isn't there this year it won't be easy to sell for our true worth, which according to Forbes is around the sum Silvio wants

At least we're still able to attract big sponsorship deals

+Quote Post

acid911
post Dec 13 2014, 03:42 PM
Post #6

Berretti

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,736

QUOTE (han2503 @ Dec 13 2014, 08:01 PM) *

Only makes this fall from grace, even harder to digest. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sleep.gif)

+Quote Post

Danny
post Dec 13 2014, 04:39 PM
Post #7

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (han2503 @ Dec 13 2014, 02:01 PM) *
It's still a huge brand, but atm we're just not up there, sure we have cleared most of our debts. But for a club that isn't going to be making CL football next year

You had us down for top 3. You told me we'd be top 3 while I said 5 was my optimistic target.

and isn't there this year it won't be easy to sell for our true worth, which according to Forbes is around the sum Silvio wants

Indeed, lack of CL is a problem for us these days, but as I reason in the next paragraph, it's not the only source of income. Or even our biggest. We'd get about £30M for winning the CL (not happening any time soon), but 'only' about £15M for group stage then last 16, while this deal nets us a guaranteed £20M a year.

Like I said before, Emirates, being a massive company based in the Middle East, is a no-brainer for them to sponsor us - Milan are gigantic in many nations in Asia (Indonesia, Malaysia, Philipines, Thailand) and Middle East (majority of all Muslim football fans are Milan and we're huge especially in India).

We wouldn't get a deal like this from a Russian oil company or a Walmart, but from a company who will use our name to exploit custom in the region we're most fertile in. Makes perfect sense for both sides. Quite a lot of big airlines out there, Qatar, Etihad etc.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Dec 13 2014, 07:58 PM
Post #8

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Danny @ Dec 13 2014, 04:39 PM) *
You had us down for top 3. You told me we'd be top 3 while I said 5 was my optimistic target.

Indeed, lack of CL is a problem for us these days, but as I reason in the next paragraph, it's not the only source of income. Or even our biggest. We'd get about £30M for winning the CL (not happening any time soon), but 'only' about £15M for group stage then last 16, while this deal nets us a guaranteed £20M a year.

Like I said before, Emirates, being a massive company based in the Middle East, is a no-brainer for them to sponsor us - Milan are gigantic in many nations in Asia (Indonesia, Malaysia, Philipines, Thailand) and Middle East (majority of all Muslim football fans are Milan and we're huge especially in India).

We wouldn't get a deal like this from a Russian oil company or a Walmart, but from a company who will use our name to exploit custom in the region we're most fertile in. Makes perfect sense for both sides. Quite a lot of big airlines out there, Qatar, Etihad etc.

At this point I can't see us actually getting back into contention. Unless I see some improvement I'm not hopeful of any European football. I still stand by my point, that this Serie A is so terrible, with so many inconsistent teams, that anyone has a very realistic shot at making 3rd. Fact is Napoli are bad, and Inter are even worse than us

But at this point, I don't see anything encouraging in our performances. Maybe we can still make it, but I'm not as optimistic as I was before seeing us deteriorating more and more each week

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Dec 14 2014, 03:48 AM
Post #9

Why wouldn't Silvio want to sell us for €600 million? The way I see it, he's only losing money with this team, and the only way to get close to breaking even each year is to not spend jackshit during signing campaigns, which is what we've been doing for a while.

I am certain things will change drastically after Silvio eventually passes away. Milan is his plaything, and a part of his "honor". He wants to stay owner until the very last moment.

+Quote Post

d'Arc.LP
post Dec 14 2014, 09:09 AM
Post #10

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,786

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Dec 14 2014, 05:48 AM) *
Why wouldn't Silvio want to sell us for €600 million? The way I see it, he's only losing money with this team, and the only way to get close to breaking even each year is to not spend jackshit during signing campaigns, which is what we've been doing for a while.

I am certain things will change drastically after Silvio eventually passes away. Milan is his plaything, and a part of his "honor". He wants to stay owner until the very last moment.

Maybe if the new investitor agrees to change the name of Milan to A.C. Berlusconi maybe it'll be enough for his ego and his desire to remain a history for Milan and let it go (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post

Danny
post Dec 14 2014, 10:42 AM
Post #11

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Dec 14 2014, 02:48 AM) *

Losing money? Hate it, or loathe him, Milan still profit. Fans think because we're sh*t these days that we're in the red. We're far from that. And this deal with Emirates enhances that.

In the right owner hands Milan could go places, but unfortunately Silvio runs us as a profiting business and not a successfull football team.

He's lost his passion for the football side but is content with us profiting commercially. As a business we're fine. As a football team we're in the mire.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Dec 14 2014, 03:47 PM
Post #12

QUOTE (Danny @ Dec 14 2014, 10:42 AM) *
Losing money? Hate it, or loathe him, Milan still profit. Fans think because we're sh*t these days that we're in the red. We're far from that. And this deal with Emirates enhances that.

In the right owner hands Milan could go places, but unfortunately Silvio runs us as a profiting business and not a successfull football team.

He's lost his passion for the football side but is content with us profiting commercially. As a business we're fine. As a football team we're in the mire.

How can you say we're profiting? The financial statement from 2013 stated a €15.7 million net loss, and we have a €256 million debt. That's far from being profitable. We don't have a property stadium. We compete in a poor league financially. We're missing CL money. Anyone can see that right now this club is not a profitable one.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Dec 14 2014, 05:03 PM
Post #13

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

What changed when Tohir took over at Inter?

+Quote Post

han2503
post Apr 20 2015, 02:08 PM
Post #14

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Apparently Mr. Bee will be in Milan to close out the initial part of the sale for 20% of Milan shares this weekend. He will then take control the following year when he purchases up to 60% of the club shares. The Berlusconi family have valued Milan at 1.2bn

I'm personally astonished that they managed to get that amount in. Forbes has us valued for a bit less, but still huge numbers, but considering that Inter barely went for around 600m IIRC it's a lot, especially for a Serie A side

I seriously hope that this will be a change for the better

+Quote Post

Danny
post Apr 20 2015, 03:53 PM
Post #15

Allievi Nazionali

Getting tired of this saga.

Sell, Silvio.

As for our value, Milan remain the biggest and most marketable name in Serie A. By a trillion miles. We have up to a billion fans world wide, Indonesia is basically 90% Milan fans (350M people live there) and Middle East, Far East and South America are absolutely and utterly full of Rossoneri.

The market value might be valued lower by Forbes, but the global scale of this club is collosal and only Barca, Real, Man Utd and Bayern compete in terms of fan numbers.

+Quote Post

8 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 06:40 PM