16 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Serie A - Week 23 - A.C. Milan vs S.S. Lazio, Date: 1st Feb 2011 - Time: 19:45 GMT

TriniKing_CE
post Jan 30 2011, 08:57 PM
Post #1

CrAzY EyeS

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,723

Back by popular demand! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I give you the match thread for A.C. Milan vs S.S. Lazio

(IMG:http://www.oskaya.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/AC-Milan-vs-Lazio.jpg)

LAZIO ARRIVE ON TUESDAY | AC MILAN

(IMG:http://media3.acmilan.com/uploads/news/images/lazio33.jpg)

The final midweek round of the Serie A season will take place next week and Milan face Lazio at the San Siro on Tuesday for the 68th time.

(In the photo - action from Milan-Lazio on March, 28, 2010)

MILAN - Three days after the game at Catania, Milan are back in action on Tuesday when they will play Lazio in the 23rd round of the season at the San Siro.

Of the 67 games, Milan have won 39, drawn 19 and lost just nine. The Rossoneri have scored 136 goals, eight of those have come from the penalty spot.

Last season's match finished in a draw with Marco Borriello scoring for the home side, with Lichsteiner equalising. The last Rossoneri success was on September 21, 2008 which finished 4-1, with Pato and Kaka on the scoresheet as did Zambrotta.

The season before that was also a 1-1 draw and before that Milan won 2-1 with Filippo Inzaghi and Ricardo Oliveira scoring. The game in 2005-06 ended 2-0 thanks to two goals from Kaka. The encounter in 2004-05 was on February 6, 2005 and once again it was 2-1 for Milan. This time Andriy Shevchenko and Hernan Crespo were on the scoresheet.

The last Milan defeat was back in 1989-90 which finished 1-0 with Paolo Maldini scoring an own goal.

The game with the most goals came on October 18, 1992 which finished 5-3 to Milan: 13' Gullit, 15' Papin, 34' rig. 61'pen. Van Basten, 80' Simone (MILAN); 21' Winter, 52' Fuser, 65' Signori (LAZIO). And on February 8, 1931, 5-3: 13', 82' Capra, 14', 54', 87' Moretti (MILAN); 9', 79' Piola, 65' D'Odorico.

Lazio will come into the game on the back of a home win over Fiorentina and are currently on 40 points, with 12 wins, four draws and six defeats. They have scored nine and conceded 10 goals but have only picked one point in the last four away games, with that draw at Genoa.

Link: http://www.acmilan.com/en/news/show/131903

BACK TO WORK | AC MILAN

(IMG:http://media3.acmilan.com/uploads/news/images/a3122.jpg)

Milan were back training this morning after their win at Catania last night

MILANELLO - After defeating Catania, Milan were back training at Milanello to prepare for the game against Lazio at the San Siro on Tuesday.

The team started the session at 10.30 with the players going through a light work-out in the gym for half an hour.

The players then divided into two groups with those who played last night remaining in the gym; Abbiati, Roma, Pato, Flamini, Oddo, Papastathopoulos, Oduamadi, Jankulovski, and new-arrival Didac VilĂ , in his first work-out, went out to the central pitch for a five-a-side game which Massimiliano Allegri watched.

The players then worked on some tactical drills. As for individual players, Pirlo ran lengths of the pitch, Seedorf went through his own work-out and after spending the first part of the session in the gym, the defender ran some drills out of the pitch.

Allegri will hold his press conference tomorrow at 14.00 and the team will train at 15.30..

Link: http://www.acmilan.com/en/news/show/131901

See Sig... < Forza Milan!!! > (IMG:style_emoticons/default/devilsmiley.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/devil.gif)

This post has been edited by TriniKing_CE: Jan 30 2011, 09:01 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jan 30 2011, 09:49 PM
Post #2

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

So we'll have Flamini back, but still nothing about Pirlo...

Considering we lost Ambro and Van Bommel, Flamini's return is more then a blessing.

+Quote Post

CHU-LIP
post Jan 30 2011, 10:49 PM
Post #3

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 7,230

Please I hope Flamini can and will start. Furby/Merkel - Thiago Silva - Flamini would be my choice for midfield.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Jan 30 2011, 10:50 PM
Post #4

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

Furby instead of Merkel, please.

+Quote Post

Jack Bauer
post Jan 30 2011, 10:56 PM
Post #5

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 6,705

Abbi, Oddo, Papa, Yepes, Antonini, Urby, Silva, Flamini, Robinho, Ibra, Pato.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Jan 30 2011, 11:00 PM
Post #6

Put Legrottaglie instead of Papa. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

+Quote Post

Jack Bauer
post Jan 30 2011, 11:11 PM
Post #7

Allievi Regionali B

I have a bad feeling that Max is gonna put Bonera next to Yepes. The only place that I can somehow tolerate Bonera is RB and even that with alcohol help.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Jan 30 2011, 11:42 PM
Post #8

I think it's time for us to accept the fact that Sokratis will never be considered a valid alternative, at least as long as Allegri will be our coach. The fact we've now signed Legrottaglie must be like a kick in the teeth for the poor guy.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Jan 30 2011, 11:47 PM
Post #9

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jan 30 2011, 11:42 PM) *
I think it's time for us to accept the fact that Sokratis will never be considered a valid alternative, at least as long as Allegri will be our coach. The fact we've now signed Legrottaglie must be like a kick in the teeth for the poor guy.

It's not official yet. But if there's a rift between them, it's something personal. Because Allegri wasn't that harsh to anyone in the team, he looks the other way every time Rino, Abate, Antonini, Boateng, Bonera or Robinho make crucial mistakes. Only Sokratis has been blacklisted. There's got to be more to that.

+Quote Post

Bluesummers
post Jan 31 2011, 02:02 AM
Post #10

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 1,660

or maybe he just isn't good enough?? I don't know it could be alot of things but he hasn't shown anything on the field that screams out starting 11.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Jan 31 2011, 02:07 AM
Post #11

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Jan 31 2011, 02:02 AM) *
or maybe he just isn't good enough?? I don't know it could be alot of things but he hasn't shown anything on the field that screams out starting 11.

Not good enough? What has Bonera done that showed any potential at all? When he replaced Nesta, he played a superb match. I the Coppa game he was also more then solid. So I'm not inclined to say he's not ready. If he isn't ready, the Strasser and Merkel are galaxies away.

+Quote Post

acid911
post Jan 31 2011, 02:26 AM
Post #12

Berretti

Member No.: 3,736

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jan 31 2011, 06:07 AM) *
Not good enough? What has Bonera done that showed any potential at all? When he replaced Nesta, he played a superb match. I the Coppa game he was also more then solid. So I'm not inclined to say he's not ready. If he isn't ready, the Strasser and Merkel are galaxies away.

Agreed, mate. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) And I never heard of Sokratis before he signed up for Milan, but from what little matches I have seen him in the red and black shirt, he gave it all, and his performance has been steady at the back. Sure he made one or two mistakes, but who hasn't? Even guys like Silva, Ibra, Pato, Nesta and Flamini have been less than perfect.

The errors Bonera made are probably enough to banish anyone to the bench, and yet here we find it all reversed. Bonera should be at his peak now, and if this is his peak, then God Save the Queen, after all. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) There was this one surefire goal that Bonera stopped from going into the net, cleared from the line. I along with Dst and other members were impressed and thought he had it in him. Sure it was in the Age of Maldini, a few years back, but the guy has fallen from grace. He just hasn't realized his potential. It pains me to say this, only Oddo matched Bonera's errors in the last two years. Janku is a saint in front of these guys.

And yet, Papa who has committed errors which if measured are 10% of Bonera still only seems to break in when a body is injured. Sad stats of affairs, and this is coming from a guy who is not a fan of the player. I was a bit of a fan of Huntelaar, but at least Leo played him (out of position, and all). You don't make mistakes Bonera made (three of them in one match) at the age of 29. You just don't, he should have tackled the opponent at the very least, instead of standing and following him like a dork. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/angry.gif) EARN THE SHIRT. Thank you, come again!

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Jan 31 2011, 02:52 AM
Post #13

Sokratis may be young, but this is his third year in Italy. He collected 51 presences with Genoa in two years. He was a regular starter for Greece in the World Cup, and even managed to hold down Messi when Greece played Argentina. The kid has all the necessary qualities to be our first back-up choice. He simply lacks Allegri's faith, and that is unfair.

+Quote Post

Jack Bauer
post Jan 31 2011, 10:13 AM
Post #14

Allievi Regionali B

QUOTE (acid911 @ Jan 31 2011, 05:26 AM) *
And yet, Papa who has committed errors which if measured are 10% of Bonera still only seems to break in when a body is injured.

So true. If Papa was frozen for the Cesena game from the beginning of the season, Bonera should have been banned for life for the Udinese disgrace. But yet Allegri still trusts him. I'll be really disappointed if Bonera is gonna be our CB tomorrow.

+Quote Post

acid911
post Jan 31 2011, 10:18 AM
Post #15

Berretti

Member No.: 3,736

QUOTE (Jack Bauer @ Jan 31 2011, 02:13 PM) *
So true. If Papa was frozen for the Cesena game from the beginning of the season, Bonera should have been banned for life for the Udinese disgrace. But yet Allegri still trusts him. I'll be really disappointed if Bonera is gonna be our CB tomorrow.

Agreed. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) But then again more than half of the forum has been saying this for the best part of the season. More so after the Udinese game you mentioned. While Papa has been quite decent in the couple of matches he played, even when coming from the bench, he has shown his desire to fit in and earn his spot with good performances.

Frankly, people have been banished for much less after what Bonera pulled off in that 4 goal fest against Udinese.

+Quote Post

16 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:22 PM