> EURO 2008

Tennie
post May 6 2008, 01:47 PM
Post #16

Token Girl
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 2,800

Austria & Poland are the other two teams in that group, Kurt. Austria doesn't have a strong team, but the Poles can be pretty good.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post May 6 2008, 01:50 PM
Post #17

Prima Squadra

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,660

Yeah, I remember Poland being very unlucy at the World Cup, with the last goal they conceeded against the Germans. Let's hope Boruc, Rasiak and co. can do the job this time!

+Quote Post

Tennie
post May 6 2008, 04:30 PM
Post #18

Token Girl
Group Icon

Marco Van Basten has named a provisional squad for the Euros (some players will be cut):

Goalkeepers: Sander Boschker (FC Twente), Edwin van der Sar (Manchester United FC), Maarten Stekelenburg (AFC Ajax), Henk Timmer (Feyenoord).

Defenders: Wilfred Bouma (Aston Villa FC), Tim de Cler (Feyenoord), Urby Emanuelson (AFC Ajax), John Heitinga (AFC Ajax), Kew Jaliens (AZ Alkmaar), Joris Mathijsen (Hamburger SV), Mario Melchiot (Wigan Athletic FC), André Ooijer (Blackburn Rovers FC).

Midfielders: Ibrahim Afellay (PSV Eindhoven), Giovanni van Bronckhorst (Feyenoord), Orlando Engelaar (FC Twente), Nigel de Jong (Hamburger SV), Denny Landzaat (Feyenoord), Hedwiges Maduro (Valencia CF), Clarence Seedorf (AC Milan) , Wesley Sneijder (Real Madrid CF), Rafael van der Vaart (Hamburger SV), Demy de Zeeuw (AZ Alkmaar).

Forwards: Ryan Babel (Liverpool FC), Klaas Jan Huntelaar (AFC Ajax), Danny Koevermans (PSV Eindhoven), Dirk Kuyt (Liverpool FC), Ruud van Nistelrooy (Real Madrid CF), Robin van Persie (Arsenal FC), Arjen Robben (Real Madrid CF), Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink (Celtic FC).

TURTLE POWER! (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/96.gif)

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post May 6 2008, 04:35 PM
Post #19

Prima Squadra

BOUMA!

Congrats to Freddie! Been ever-present for us this season, isn't the greatest, but a very consistant 7/10 player ever week! And I think we all knew Seedorf would make it. (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

As for De Ridder.. going to Birmingham certainly helped his chances! (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post

dst
post May 6 2008, 07:21 PM
Post #20

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 911

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ May 6 2008, 03:50 PM)
Yeah, I remember Poland being very unlucy at the World Cup, with the last goal they conceeded against the Germans. Let's hope Boruc, Rasiak and co. can do the job this time!

I think they deserved it, they played real bad.

+Quote Post

LaPalma
post May 7 2008, 08:26 AM
Post #21

Insert cool title here<--
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,792

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ May 6 2008, 01:50 PM)

That was f@cking great. David Odonkor provided the cross for Oliver Neuville. I'll never forget that goal...it was the very reason we made it to the semis....simply amazing.
Besides that I agree with dst...Poland played very very bad.

+Quote Post

Tennie
post May 8 2008, 03:10 PM
Post #22

Token Girl
Group Icon

One person who almost certainly will NOT be in the Azzurri squad is Zebra striker Vicento Iaquinta. He's got an injury and will be out of action until mid-July.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post May 8 2008, 03:18 PM
Post #23

Prima Squadra

That's a shame. (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

+Quote Post

morgoth
post May 8 2008, 03:23 PM
Post #24

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 3,827

I'll add to that list Gilardino, I think Pippo should and will take his place.

+Quote Post

LaPalma
post May 8 2008, 03:24 PM
Post #25

Group Icon

I'm feeling sorry for Iaquinta....although he wouldn't have made it to the first 11 he's an important player fot Italy. Besides that I'm still sad about Bernds injury which worries me a lot more as he might never play again...

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post May 8 2008, 03:29 PM
Post #26

Prima Squadra

Luiz Felipe Scolari will step down as Portugal coach at the end of their Euro 2008 campaign.

'Big Phil', 58, won the World Cup with Brazil in 2002 and rejected the chance to succeed Sven-Goran Eriksson as England boss earlier this year.

He also led Portugal to the Euro 2004 final, where they lost to Greece, and the 2006 World Cup semi-final.

"It is logical that at the end of Euro 2008 I leave when my contract ends," he told Portuguese newspaper Record.

"The work of a coach is limited to five or six years.

"We are already in this time frame but after that, things become more difficult because they create habits and links with the players, which can result in things deteriorating."

He also confirmed that he had been approached both by Portuguese giants Benfica in 2004 and England prior to the last World Cup finals to replace Eriksson when the Swede left after the tournament.

Scolari said: "The English wanted me to sign the contract during the finals but that I start the job after the finals were over. However, that would have a betrayal of the Portuguese.

"It simply wasn't possible. Nobody can sign for one national side and continue to run another.

"It was a difficult choice but I understood that I could not accept it," stated Scolari, who guided Portugal to victory over England on penalties in the World Cup quarter-finals - having knocked them out at the same stage of Euro 2004.

Scolari said he was undecided about his next move and said: "I could stay here, go to another European country or return to Brazil. I just don't know."

BBC

+Quote Post

LaPalma
post May 8 2008, 08:44 PM
Post #27

Group Icon

Can't wait for the Euro! It's going to be so great (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/king.gif)

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post May 9 2008, 05:23 AM
Post #28

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

I want to see the following matches, the more crucial the better:

France v Italy
Netherlands v Germany
Netherlands v Portugal
France v Portugal

Italy v Germany would be nice.

+Quote Post

aLbErTo
post May 9 2008, 07:44 AM
Post #29

Best substiton player :)

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 1,810

germany won't even make it out of the group (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

+Quote Post

LaPalma
post May 9 2008, 09:46 AM
Post #30

Group Icon

QUOTE (aLbErTo @ May 9 2008, 07:44 AM)

Pfff.....you wish. We'll make it to the semis at least....everything else would be a big dissapointment.

+Quote Post

168 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:47 AM