post Oct 8 2017, 10:09 AM
Post #211

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 7 2017, 10:20 PM) *
We got Liverpool in 2007.

I think that until 2012 football wasn't as monopolized by the Spanish teams as it has become in these last few years. Which has coincided with Juve's rise as well. They're unlucky in that way, but they lost 2 finals by big margins when they should have done better than they did. They've always struggled in Europe, especially in the crucial moments. And this is not just a recent thing, but a historical fact
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Oct 8 2017, 11:23 AM
Post #212

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

QUOTE (han2503 @ Oct 8 2017, 10:09 AM) *
I think that until 2012 football wasn't as monopolized by the Spanish teams as it has become in these last few years. Which has coincided with Juve's rise as well. They're unlucky in that way, but they lost 2 finals by big margins when they should have done better than they did. They've always struggled in Europe, especially in the crucial moments. And this is not just a recent thing, but a historical fact

I was speaking about those two finals only since you brought them up. I think any team would have lost them, not just Juve.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Oct 8 2017, 01:17 PM
Post #213

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 8 2017, 11:23 AM) *
I was speaking about those two finals only since you brought them up. I think any team would have lost them, not just Juve.

Maybe you're right, we'll never know. That being said, Juve absolutely crumbled both times and they were better than that each time but simply caved under the pressure

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Oct 8 2017, 05:15 PM
Post #214

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

No offense guys, but this is a pretty stupid argument.

Football in the 00's and early 10's was, like Han said, different and not monopolized by Real and Barcelona. Nowadays to win the CL you gotta win against one of the two teams (or both), it's that simple. Just think of it: Bayern, Barcelona, Real Madrid - that's all we've seen in the last couple of years. No one stood a real chance, Atletico was the only team that got near to it.

Would any team loose to Madrid last season? Who knows. That's very counterfactual. But what I do know is that Juventus could have done more, in terms of formation, tactics, preparation, etc.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Oct 9 2017, 12:06 AM
Post #215

But it doesn't change the fact that in our last three CL finals we faced Juventus and twice Liverpool. Obviously it was more difficult for Juve with Barça and Madrid, regardless of how much football has changed since then.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Oct 9 2017, 12:47 AM
Post #216

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 9 2017, 02:06 AM) *
But it doesn't change the fact that in our last three CL finals we faced Juventus and twice Liverpool. Obviously it was more difficult for Juve with Barça and Madrid, regardless of how much football has changed since then.

Hmh? I really don't get your point. We faced Liverpool, Liverpool faced us. Milan in 2007 wasn't even considered a top contender. But back then 10 or even more clubs could have been in the final and it would be no surprise. Nowadays and club other then Barcelona, Real and Bayern winning the CL (let alone playing the final) is a major upset.

But seriously, I don't get what you're trying to say by this comparison? That we had an easier job back then in 2007, 2005 and 2003 then Juventus in their last finals?

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Oct 9 2017, 06:32 PM
Post #217

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Oct 9 2017, 12:47 AM) *
But seriously, I don't get what you're trying to say by this comparison? That we had an easier job back then in 2007, 2005 and 2003 then Juventus in their last finals?

Of course. Are you perhaps claiming otherwise?

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Apr 3 2018, 09:11 PM
Post #218

Smoking Bianco

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 191

Juve - Madrid ; speechless.

Sheet class from Zidane’s team

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Apr 3 2018, 11:25 PM
Post #219

Ronaldo’s goal though...

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Apr 4 2018, 08:49 AM
Post #220

Primavera
Group Icon

It's so depressing when you see that Milan needs to be at their best perfomance only to get trashed 3-1 by Juventus, the same team that is world's apart from Real who trashed them at home. This is why I'm losing faith and interest in football rapidly. Some teams are simply too strong.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Apr 4 2018, 08:59 PM
Post #221

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Apr 4 2018, 08:49 AM) *
It's so depressing when you see that Milan needs to be at their best perfomance only to get trashed 3-1 by Juventus, the same team that is world's apart from Real who trashed them at home. This is why I'm losing faith and interest in football rapidly. Some teams are simply too strong.

Honestly, Juve were dominating Real till they scored their second. Real were just out of it, they couldn't get out of their own half. Then Ronaldo happened, Juve got demoralized, Dybala got a red card, and the game turned itself. That's football for you.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Apr 5 2018, 11:01 AM
Post #222

Primavera
Group Icon

Naah, Ronaldo happened when it already went down 0-1 (at home). The difference in class is obvious.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Apr 5 2018, 03:30 PM
Post #223

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Apr 3 2018, 09:11 PM) *
Juve - Madrid ; speechless.

Sheet class from Zidane’s team

Meh, that's Ronaldo's team not Zidane's. I really wonder whether he even does any coaching with this team or just picks 11 players each game and just tells them to go out there and do what they do. His league form is a testament to this.

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Apr 4 2018, 08:49 AM) *

Meh. We were unlucky against Juve, but that's just the way it is against them in the league, they always have the bounce of the ball going their way and it's been so since Buffon clawed out Muntari's shot from behind the line. But once they're in the CL and they're at the tail end, they tend to bottle it and it's been this way since around 1996. So...

Football is all about money, and Real have built practically 2 top class teams because they have plenty of it. The result against Juve could have easily been very different. The early goal was strange and it seemed like Juve were half asleep still. But they dominated the majority of the game against a team who has some of the best players in the world playing for them.

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Apr 5 2018, 11:01 AM) *
Naah, Ronaldo happened when it already went down 0-1 (at home). The difference in class is obvious.

And who scored that goal? He's a difference maker, just like Messi is. Juve imo have one of the best teams in the World. They might be a step behind Real and Barca, but they're definitely on par with Bayern, City, PSG, etc. All of which are teams with endless resources their disposal

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Apr 5 2018, 11:53 PM
Post #224

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (han2503 @ Apr 5 2018, 05:30 PM) *
Meh, that's Ronaldo's team not Zidane's. I really wonder whether he even does any coaching with this team or just picks 11 players each game and just tells them to go out there and do what they do. His league form is a testament to this.

Meh. We were unlucky against Juve, but that's just the way it is against them in the league, they always have the bounce of the ball going their way and it's been so since Buffon clawed out Muntari's shot from behind the line. But once they're in the CL and they're at the tail end, they tend to bottle it and it's been this way since around 1996. So...

Football is all about money, and Real have built practically 2 top class teams because they have plenty of it. The result against Juve could have easily been very different. The early goal was strange and it seemed like Juve were half asleep still. But they dominated the majority of the game against a team who has some of the best players in the world playing for them.

And who scored that goal? He's a difference maker, just like Messi is. Juve imo have one of the best teams in the World. They might be a step behind Real and Barca, but they're definitely on par with Bayern, City, PSG, etc. All of which are teams with endless resources their disposal

And, bar Bayern, without international success...

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Apr 6 2018, 11:42 PM
Post #225

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Apr 5 2018, 11:01 AM) *

Are you equating an early goal to superiority on the pitch?

+Quote Post

17 Pages V  « < 13 14 15 16 17 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:34 PM