Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Berlusconi please sell Milan., online petition

milanista1899
post Jul 3 2008, 05:49 PM
Post #16

Esordienti A 95

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 735

QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Jul 3 2008, 05:44 PM)
yeah guys, there will be no consequences for their actions just because they own the club lol (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

I didn't say or mean anything like that, please don't twist my words.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Jul 4 2008, 02:39 AM
Post #17

Smoking Bianco

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 191

QUOTE (han2503 @ Jul 3 2008, 05:36 PM)
It's not about Silvio imo. Galliani has been the one handling everything for god knows how long, and yes Silvio was president for these past 2 years before being re-elected, but still mostly it's Galliani that's been making the decisions.

And I think that they have been questionable at best and I sometimes question whether or not he understands that todays market is different to that of the 80s.

And even this transfer campaign, he got Flamini yes and that was a big coup but paying for players that we were so eager to get rid of just a season ago and claiming that they are new transfers does nothing to convince me that he hasn't lost it. I mean why gripe about money when you are willing to spend it on players that you sold just a few months ago for basically nothing?

And another thing, I don't believe his whole speach about how Italy cannot compete with England and Spain, especially not when you see Inter spending the ammounts they do. And we all know that Juve would be doing the same thing had it not been for the relegation

@R7, yes Silvio has brought Milan back to the top because of his ambition and investments, and I'm thankful for that just as much as anyone. But if an owner is not willing to continue being involved in his club especially in the monetary sense that changes need to be made. These days a club cannot survive on it's own and make purchases on the market good enough to compete with the other big clubs without someone that is willing to fund that.

han, I believe you are right !! I am not disagreeing with you. Silvio needs to bring in the $$$ and shove it in the face of Barcelona and get his boy .. It's easier as 1-2-3 for someone of his net worth!

But the problem is not with his ability to continue pumping in the cash, nor is it that he lost the ambition after being crowned #1 in the world. Silvio was a Milan fan, hard core, even before our parents were ever married. Milan was a double edged sword for him, on one side he gained the respect of the working class in Milan and on the other it gained him popularity in Italy as a whole by constantly being European Champion followed by crowned World Champion, and the Italian people started backing him. Berlusconi took this club from the drenches of relegation and bankruptcy, he brought it to life and made Milan what it is now (this is so easily said, but when you look at how other team's were managed during the past 20 years time, you will see that Milan stands tall, proud and a powerhouse unmatched in Europe and the World!).

You, me and the whole rossoneri family want the best for this club, as it has become a part of our lives, we are too attached. And as such we get frustrated when things don't go as smoothly as they did before .. But hey, the ride was never as smooth as we all expect it to be. This is a company under a very conservative owner. And as such, it should be affected by the political and economical situation of the country.

Not just Italy, the world as a whole is being affected economically. Even for us here (Kuwait), sure Oil is at $144/barrel today, but the inflation, and the rising prices of daily commodities is no joke !! The US has a recession looking it in the face, with the mortgage crisis (do you know that there are at least 150K families who lost their homes after filling for bankruptcy ?!) and a weak Dollar .. And I could go on and on with this, because it is a world catastrophe ..

Now look at Italy and Silvio taking over as Prime Minister ... I mean Romano Prodi’s resignation as Italy’s PM didn't come out of the blue .. To put it in a nutshell for you, Italy is in debt, and not any kind of debt but up to 107% of Gross Domestic Product (GDP) ... While Italy's capacity to pay that debt is at 5% GDP ...

But this debt wasn't new han, it was always there ... (As the IMF does a good job at taking you to such limits) ... The problem only worsened when the Euro was introduced, tax increased, and the production of Italy (a pillar of the Italian industry) slowed down ... Think of it like high tide and low tide on the beach; when high tide the water covers you and you feel safe and covered, but when low tide hits the water barely covers your knees and you stand there naked. This same could be applied to Italy from it's problems!

Now imagine the person responsible for bringing the Italian economy back to it's feet spending 30MM pounds left, right and center ...

p.s. You don't need to accept this, in fact you don't need to agree with me in whichever aspect I have discussed. Just keep in mind that Silvio is the PM now in a situation which Italy needs a kick start and the actions of his conglomerate will be chastised by the people of Italy. So if there is a player, a world class player coming, he will come but as discretely and as shadily as can be. Of course Galliani will say Milan wont pay 35MM on a player, such sums would be frowned upon by the majority of the tax payers in Italy. Hence even if Milan pays 60MM, it wont be disclosed to the public, and that is how I see it.

+Quote Post

kidfunka
post Jul 4 2008, 03:02 AM
Post #18

Pulcini 99

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 3,944

The issue I have with all this is around what you do when you can't afford top talent. I take a team like arsenal or juventus for that matter. The have an excellent youth system, keep there players. Usually 2-3 from the primavera are rated extremelly high and have a nice buy-out fee that makes both the team and the player valued alot.

I take Milan, we haven't had a top offensive youth player in years.. we finally get a di gennaro that has some potential and what do we do, sell him to get borriello which we owned in the first place. Is it that we had no money that we decided to sell 50% to genoa in the first place. If that was the case, why did we spend money on Ba... thats comical.

So for me the only issue I have with Milan is spend your money wisely if you don't have to throw out. If you look at all the players they have bought (excluding pato at this stage), we lost money on every one of them. this means we buy high and sell low. Usually that means we are buying just before the decline of the player. no good asset management in my account.

If we would have both Santacroce, cigarini, dosenna 2 years ago, we would have great assets today. both in players and sell value

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Jul 4 2008, 03:31 AM
Post #19

Token Girl
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 2,800

er. We did earn a lot on Shevchenko.

As for youth players...the Zebras are taking a hiding right now in Italy for selling off Lanzafame and Criscito and selling half of Palladino and shipping him off to Genoa. The only young former Juve Primavera presumed to have a shot at starting for them next year is MAYBE Giovinco. They have only a couple of other former youth players in the squad (Marchisio and Belardi, the 2nd choice keeper).

Of the highly rated Milan primavera players, both Marzoratti and Pozzi have been sold and half of Di Gennaro has been sold (having seen di Gennaro play live, I agree that it was dumb to sell half his rights). However, the recent language is clear on them wanting to keep Abate in the long term (loan to toro with very high buyout clause) and Antonini is coming back. Paloschi is being promoted to the first team and so is Darmian. Milan have four primavera players in the U19 squad, the most of any team. There's been a lot of work over the last couple of years building up the primavera -- for example, bringing in Michelangelo Albertazzi from Bologna (he's one of the 4 in the U19 squad).

+Quote Post

I_Rossoneri
post Jul 4 2008, 09:55 AM
Post #20

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 558

My biggest concern is of the ridiculous contracts we are offering players who are past their sell by dates. I mean we are stuck with paying dodo £4m a year - yet he's hasn't played since I can't remember. And when he does he's simply not good enough! Now we can moan all we like about how the EPL has the money and we don't etc, but when you start giving £4m a season over five years to players like dodo then you deserve all the flak you get - £20m wasted which could have bought us a couple of decent players (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jul 4 2008, 12:05 PM
Post #21

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

@R7 (not going to quate bucause that's waay too long (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) )

You do raise valid points regarding the echonomy, Silvio's position as prime minister of Italy and how that will effect Milan. That's why Berlu resigned as president of Milan in the first place.

But why were there no transfers made of any great players (aside from Pato) in the last 2 years when Silvio was not Prime Minister. They had already been complaining about not spending that ammount of money before he got re-elected. So to me, your argument would have been valid had Galliani and Silvio not made comments about not spending too much money while he was not Prime Minister.

These past 2 years while Berlu was president we only had Pato come in, while making the sale of Sheva and other imprtant player even though they went for free (Stam, Rui).

QUOTE (kidfunka @ Jul 4 2008, 02:02 AM)
The issue I have with all this is around what you do when you can't afford top talent. I take a team like arsenal or juventus for that matter. The have an excellent youth system, keep there players. Usually 2-3 from the primavera are rated extremelly high and have a nice buy-out fee that makes both the team and the player valued alot.

I take Milan, we haven't had a top offensive youth player in years.. we finally get a di gennaro that has some potential and what do we do, sell him to get borriello which we owned in the first place. Is it that we had no money that we decided to sell 50% to genoa in the first place. If that was the case, why did we spend money on Ba... thats comical.

So for me the only issue I have with Milan is spend your money wisely if you don't have to throw out. If you look at all the players they have bought (excluding pato at this stage), we lost money on every one of them. this means we buy high and sell low. Usually that means we are buying just before the decline of the player. no good asset management in my account.

If we would have both Santacroce, cigarini, dosenna 2 years ago, we would have great assets today. both in players and sell value

EXACTLY!! Very well put. Fact is, especially this transfer campaign we haven't made wise decisions regarding how to spend money, in fact while constantly complaigning about it, we've made deals that in the end make us look like idiots because we have been losing money on them

QUOTE (I_Rossoneri @ Jul 4 2008, 08:55 AM)
My biggest concern is of the ridiculous contracts we are offering players who are past their sell by dates. I mean we are stuck with paying dodo £4m a year - yet he's hasn't played since I can't remember. And when he does he's simply not good enough! Now we can moan all we like about how the EPL has the money and we don't etc, but when you start giving £4m a season over five years to players like dodo then you deserve all the flak you get - £20m wasted which could have bought us a couple of decent players (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Nodding along while reading this. Great post

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Jul 4 2008, 12:30 PM
Post #22

Smoking Bianco

QUOTE (han2503 @ Jul 4 2008, 02:05 PM)
@R7 (not going to quate bucause that's waay too long (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) )

You do raise valid points regarding the echonomy, Silvio's position as prime minister of Italy and how that will effect Milan. That's why Berlu resigned as president of Milan in the first place.

But why were there no transfers made of any great players (aside from Pato) in the last 2 years when Silvio was not Prime Minister. They had already been complaining about not spending that ammount of money before he got re-elected. So to me, your argument would have been valid had Galliani and Silvio not made comments about not spending too much money while he was not Prime Minister.

These past 2 years while Berlu was president we only had Pato come in, while making the sale of Sheva and other imprtant player even though they went for free (Stam, Rui).

Italy wasn't in debt in 2007 ... Italy has been struggling since the turn of the millennium. If you read into it, you will see what I mean.

Even with that said, I believe Milan will bring in players this transfer window .. But just as discretely as possible.

The past two years .. Well, lets just turn back the hand of time .. 1- calciopoli (and this was very serious at the time, that Milan didn't get news of it's entrance into the CL until it was almost August 1st) .. 2- Milan won the CL and no team that wins a CL breaks up ... Look in history, look at every CL winning team (except for the small ones like Porto).

Still, so far Milan is on the right track and has brought in 3 players ... And the window is still open, there could be two or three more coming in.

There is a reason behind letting Stam and Rui go, an ethical one and a one of moral gratitude to their service. Milan doesn't need the money, Fininvest is one of the richest holding companies in Europe.

What Galliani says in the media is exactly the politics that Silvio Berlusconi wants shown by Milan. Silvio wants Galliani to say such things, and say them loud and clear (not to Milan fans, but ..) so the whole of Italy will see that one of the richest men in the world, and their PM, is also affected by the crisis.

Now what Galliani can do in this market ? I believe he can do a lot as the ball is in his court, there will be more players coming in and this month will be the month where it all happens.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jul 4 2008, 01:23 PM
Post #23

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jul 4 2008, 11:30 AM)
Italy wasn't in debt in 2007 ... Italy has been struggling since the turn of the millennium. If you read into it, you will see what I mean.

Even with that said, I believe Milan will bring in players this transfer window .. But just as discretely as possible.

The past two years .. Well, lets just turn back the hand of time .. 1- calciopoli (and this was very serious at the time, that Milan didn't get news of it's entrance into the CL until it was almost August 1st) .. 2- Milan won the CL and no team that wins a CL breaks up ... Look in history, look at every CL winning team (except for the small ones like Porto).

Still, so far Milan is on the right track and has brought in 3 players ... And the window is still open, there could be two or three more coming in.

There is a reason behind letting Stam and Rui go, an ethical one and a one of moral gratitude to their service. Milan doesn't need the money, Fininvest is one of the richest holding companies in Europe.

What Galliani says in the media is exactly the politics that Silvio Berlusconi wants shown by Milan. Silvio wants Galliani to say such things, and say them loud and clear (not to Milan fans, but ..) so the whole of Italy will see that one of the richest men in the world, and their PM, is also affected by the crisis.

Now what Galliani can do in this market ? I believe he can do a lot as the ball is in his court, there will be more players coming in and this month will be the month where it all happens.

Exactly, you're saying it yourself that Italy has been in dept for a long time and in his previous tenure as prime minister Silvio didn't mid all that much spending the ammounts he did on players like Rui, Pippo, nesta and so on. So I don't get how you are basing your argument around the fact that Italy is in dept and Silvio is the prime minister, since this is not a new thing and in the past with the same surcumstance (dept, prime minister) Milan spent huge ammounts of money

Well, hopefully you're right, because I believe that Milan still need more then R10 or a striker, we need a keeper and I'm not even saying a Buffon or Casillas, just a keeper that I and other fans can trust to play, and not waite for his next screw up. And another center back would be ideal, but personally I can;t see it happening, we're already struggling to get a striker so I can't see how we can manage 2 other players

No one expected Milan to break up after the CL win, but people did expect Milan to re-enforce what was a squad that was in dire deen for some new fresh signings. We might have been successful in the CL but our league form was terrible and it pointed to another struggling season ahead of it if we didn't bring in anyone new, and that's what happened. After the CL win in 2003 we made some great signings but still managed to keep the backbone of the team intact, we should have done the same on 07 but we didn't, and now we're in the UEFA cup

I agree about letting Stam and Rui go and I fully respect how Milan handled it. It showed how classy we can be. What I didn't like is the fact that they weren't replaced by adequate players.

Again, I'm praying you are right about the 3 signings thing, but again, I can't see it happening.

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Jul 4 2008, 01:49 PM
Post #24

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

Exactly, you're saying it yourself that Italy has been in dept for a long time and in his previous tenure as prime minister Silvio didn't mid all that much spending the ammounts he did on players like Rui, Pippo, nesta and so on

He did become a figure of hate after that tenure. LaPalma is German, and he still hates Silvio the PM because of that record. (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post

LaPalma
post Jul 4 2008, 02:28 PM
Post #25

Insert cool title here<--
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,792

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jul 4 2008, 01:49 PM)
He did become a figure of hate after that tenure. LaPalma is German, and he still hates Silvio the PM because of that record. (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

I wouldn't say that I hate the PM Silvio. It's just that I can't respect his behavior. He's exactly what Italy does NOT need. Besides that some things he says are...my oh my....

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jul 4 2008, 02:44 PM
Post #26

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jul 4 2008, 12:49 PM)

He did, but he did get re-elected soo....

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jul 4 2008, 02:45 PM
Post #27

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (LaPalma @ Jul 4 2008, 01:28 PM)
I wouldn't say that I hate the PM Silvio. It's just that I can't respect his behavior. He's exactly what Italy does NOT need. Besides that some things he says are...my oh my....

Silvio's always been that way

+Quote Post

mishie
post Jul 4 2008, 08:12 PM
Post #28

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 1,072

bearing in mind Silvio had to form a coalition with the Italian version of the BNP says everythig to me..and Silvio had to resign as Milan President due to Italian laws of conflict of interests...as all the economy's of europe are suffering in a big way i agree with what has been said in previous posts that if Milan made big big money signings it would not look good on PM Silvio, saying that i believe there is a real bereft of truely world class players available and it's hard to compete with the cash ridden EPL for players.

p.s have to compliment members on some great post above! (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Jul 4 2008, 08:51 PM
Post #29

Smoking Bianco

QUOTE (han2503 @ Jul 4 2008, 03:23 PM)
Exactly, you're saying it yourself that Italy has been in dept for a long time and in his previous tenure as prime minister Silvio didn't mid all that much spending the ammounts he did on players like Rui, Pippo, nesta and so on. So I don't get how you are basing your argument around the fact that Italy is in dept and Silvio is the prime minister, since this is not a new thing and in the past with the same surcumstance (dept, prime minister) Milan spent huge ammounts of money

Well, hopefully you're right, because I believe that Milan still need more then R10 or a striker, we need a keeper and I'm not even saying a Buffon or Casillas, just a keeper that I and other fans can trust to play, and not waite for his next screw up. And another center back would be ideal, but personally I can;t see it happening, we're already struggling to get a striker so I can't see how we can manage 2 other players

No one expected Milan to break up after the CL win, but people did expect Milan to re-enforce what was a squad that was in dire deen for some new fresh signings. We might have been successful in the CL but our league form was terrible and it pointed to another struggling season ahead of it if we didn't bring in anyone new, and that's what happened. After the CL win in 2003 we made some great signings but still managed to keep the backbone of the team intact, we should have done the same on 07 but we didn't, and now we're in the UEFA cup

I agree about letting Stam and Rui go and I fully respect how Milan handled it. It showed how classy we can be. What I didn't like is the fact that they weren't replaced by adequate players.

Again, I'm praying you are right about the 3 signings thing, but again, I can't see it happening.

My argument is that this time around, Italy is in far deep a debt and the mortgage crisis has hit them hard .. The best example and most easiest I could put for you is the high tide and low tide example ... As it is the reality of the situation in Italy. People are suffering and those people voted for Silvio (even those who loath him, from the south voted for him ..) they voted for him because he showed them a plan to get their economy back on track during his campaign and they are expecting something from him.

Maybe you haven't read much into it .. but these are some of the Italian problems:

- Italy has weak consumption growth, something which is necessary to make public finances sustainable.

- Italy's inflation rate (CPI) has doubled that which was in 2006 and 2007.

- Families are filing for bankruptcy, because they cant afford their homes anymore due to the banks raising the interest on them.

- Retail sales within Italy is showing weakness as it is on the decline.

- The business confidence index which is posted by the ISAE, is not showing promise either.

Bottom line is that Italy's growing weakness signs is showing everywhere.

It isn't black or white han ... It is much more complex than that. This is an industrial country, they depend on exporting and if the internal economy is ...

Italian Finance Minister Giulio Tremonti said on the 2nd of July : "Certainly this is the worst crisis since the war" (WWII) and he added "The effects aren't limited to the financial sector, they extend into peoples' lives."

Talks of a recession is not premature at this point han ... I follow these news witha very keen eye on the Eur (currency) and the Dollar on a daily basis and I know how hard Italy's economy is hit.

Now all this aside, Milan will still reinforce BUT I agree with the method to which Galliani is using and that is not to publicize what they are doing and how much they actually are willing to pay.

This post has been edited by Rossoneri7: Jul 4 2008, 08:53 PM

+Quote Post

I_Rossoneri
post Jul 4 2008, 09:17 PM
Post #30

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 558

QUOTE (han2503 @ Jul 4 2008, 01:44 PM)
He did, but he did get re-elected soo....

Exactly. Thing is I remember hearing that when Milan did well Silvio's popularity rose and vice versa, so a great Milan should make a great Silvio.

@Mishie, AFAIK Silvio's party is more of a right wing party so joining up with the Italian version of the BNP wouldn't be such a strange thing. Now had Prodi joined up with the same party... (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

And I think you have a point about there not being enough WC players around at the moment. as for the EPL having more money to spend, I can't see it going on for much longer as most clubs are seriously in debt. The bubble has to burst sooner or later (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:22 PM