> Berlusconi please sell Milan., online petition

I_Rossoneri
post Jul 2 2008, 10:48 PM
Post #1

Allievi Regionali B

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 558

http://www.firmiamo.it/berlusconivendiilmilan

Now I can't read Italian so if any Italian speakers out there care to translate please feel free. The only bit I understand is the vendi il Milan bit.

Seems the natives are getting restless.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

KillerMax
post Jul 2 2008, 10:52 PM
Post #2

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 1,388

So... What is that website?

+Quote Post

agenth
post Jul 2 2008, 11:00 PM
Post #3

Kaka's fangirl, and proud =]

Member No.: 2,687

http://translate.google.com/translate?u=ht...TF8&sl=it&tl=en

tells something more, maybe?

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Jul 2 2008, 11:05 PM
Post #4

Token Girl
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 2,800

It's an online petition asking Berlusconi to sell Milan.

The petition seems to have been written by a rossoneri fan who
* is unhappy with the past couple of seasons
* doesn't like Galliani's recent statements about Italian clubs being unable to compete with Spanish and English clubs due to different tax laws
* doesn't like that Berlusconi is no longer willing to invest in the club
* thinks there's a conflict of interest between a PM-Berlusconi trying to fix the Italian economy and a Milan owner-Berlusconi investing heavily in the club

The petition also thanks Berlusconi for all he's done in the last 20 years, but thinks it's time for someone who is willing to invest in the transfer market to buy Milan.

+Quote Post

I_Rossoneri
post Jul 2 2008, 11:10 PM
Post #5

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 558

Thanks Tennie (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

I must admit I can see where the fans are coming from, it seems season after season we are promised good signings but end up with excuses (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/mad.gif) . I would like to see Leonardo take over from Galliani and be given a decent pot of money to spend - I think he would do a much better job (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

I also worry about Silvio's children taking over as it seems the one who has the say(Marina) is also the one with the least interest in the club. We need to see a little more ambition shown rather than false promises.

+Quote Post

jbryant1
post Jul 3 2008, 04:32 AM
Post #6

Esordienti A 95

Member No.: 874

Look its cycle. The greatness is gone. Silvio is not dedicated to excellence with this club.

Look at Roman Abramovich. The guy came into London with a wad of cash and changed the game in England, thats why its so competitive now.

Its ridiculous how we settle for mediocrity. We get small acquisitions that seem underutilized and they end up getting injured or having problems down the road.

We stick to a formation and team that hasn't done anything in the past couple years. The Champions League was won but I can't say the overall team has done well. In scudetto we have been third. Last year I would vote us, weighted on the fact that we so many stars, the worst team in Serie A. We could not win a game at Home.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Jul 3 2008, 09:15 AM
Post #7

Prima Squadra

Member No.: 3,660

I'm for it, there's nothing worse than having an owner that doesn't care anymore. I'll even go as far as saying he's not a true Milan fan. It's all well and good saying you are, but just look at it this way. If any of us on here ownerd the club, would we lose interest? Not a chance.

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Jul 3 2008, 01:43 PM
Post #8

Primavera

Member No.: 1,265

I couldn't say no to Leonardo replacing Galliani. that guy has been a footballer himself and definitely knows this sport like the back of his hand (unlike Galliani ['Seedorf is a striker']) and he's qualified for this job IMHO. but Silvio selling the club? not a chance! I think his son would do a better job than him though, if he's got the money of course.

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Jul 3 2008, 03:24 PM
Post #9

Smoking Bianco

Member No.: 191

Ok Silvio .. Pull out ur money and leave the club right where you took it, deep in debt and filed for bankruptcy! Anyone who comes after you needs to show us how hard it was to make Milan what it is today!

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jul 3 2008, 03:36 PM
Post #10

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

It's not about Silvio imo. Galliani has been the one handling everything for god knows how long, and yes Silvio was president for these past 2 years before being re-elected, but still mostly it's Galliani that's been making the decisions.

And I think that they have been questionable at best and I sometimes question whether or not he understands that todays market is different to that of the 80s.

And even this transfer campaign, he got Flamini yes and that was a big coup but paying for players that we were so eager to get rid of just a season ago and claiming that they are new transfers does nothing to convince me that he hasn't lost it. I mean why gripe about money when you are willing to spend it on players that you sold just a few months ago for basically nothing?

And another thing, I don't believe his whole speach about how Italy cannot compete with England and Spain, especially not when you see Inter spending the ammounts they do. And we all know that Juve would be doing the same thing had it not been for the relegation

@R7, yes Silvio has brought Milan back to the top because of his ambition and investments, and I'm thankful for that just as much as anyone. But if an owner is not willing to continue being involved in his club especially in the monetary sense that changes need to be made. These days a club cannot survive on it's own and make purchases on the market good enough to compete with the other big clubs without someone that is willing to fund that.

This post has been edited by han2503: Jul 3 2008, 03:44 PM

+Quote Post

Warchant
post Jul 3 2008, 03:45 PM
Post #11

Giovanissimi Nazionali
Group Icon

Member No.: 703

i hate the transfer market (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

+Quote Post

dst
post Jul 3 2008, 04:26 PM
Post #12

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 911

QUOTE (Warchant @ Jul 3 2008, 05:45 PM)

(IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Jul 3 2008, 04:57 PM
Post #13

Prima Squadra

Member No.: 3,660

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jul 3 2008, 02:24 PM)
Ok Silvio .. Pull out ur money and leave the club right where you took it, deep in debt and filed for bankruptcy! Anyone who comes after you needs to show us how hard it was to make Milan what it is today!

He made Milan what it is today with money, lots of people have money, sell to one of those. problem solved.

+Quote Post

milanista1899
post Jul 3 2008, 05:10 PM
Post #14

Esordienti A 95

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 735

QUOTE (han2503 @ Jul 3 2008, 03:36 PM)
And another thing, I don't believe his whole speech about how Italy cannot compete with England and Spain, especially not when you see Inter spending the amounts they do. And we all know that Juve would be doing the same thing had it not been for the relegation

The difference between us, Inter & Juve is most of their money comes from one source - Pirelli, Moratti. Fiat. With us there are a lot of people involved in money making decisions not just Berlusconi & Galliani, so it's not as easy to just throw money here and there whenever you want.

+Quote Post

Bluesummers
post Jul 3 2008, 05:44 PM
Post #15

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 1,660

yeah guys, there will be no consequences for their actions just because they own the club lol (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif) Go ahead and sell it to someone who will further invest into it. I already can see so many foreign investors ready to pounce.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 04:49 PM