5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Milan - Panathinaikos 06/08/10, Why Are We Playing This Friendly?

Tennie
post Aug 2 2010, 06:04 PM
Post #1

Token Girl
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 2,800

(IMG:http://i29.tinypic.com/2yoxpvr.jpg)

Milan play Panathinaikos in a friendly this Friday -- at the Silverdome in Pontiac, Michigan.

Can somoene explain to me why on earth this game's being played? Are we getting lots and lots of $$$$$$?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Dracoris
post Aug 2 2010, 06:52 PM
Post #2

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 6,716

We better be. They just got back from America, what the heck are they doing coming back?

Its another Greek team, maybe they'll buy Gattuso.

This post has been edited by Dracoris: Aug 2 2010, 06:53 PM

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Aug 2 2010, 07:04 PM
Post #3

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

Match of the titans my foot.

+Quote Post

vnata001
post Aug 2 2010, 07:35 PM
Post #4

Esordienti A 95

Member No.: 2,681

ignore please! DP sorry.

This post has been edited by vnata001: Aug 2 2010, 07:58 PM

+Quote Post

Coldest
post Aug 2 2010, 07:42 PM
Post #5

Esordienti B 96

Member No.: 6,462

I'm wondering if Pirlo and Dinho will be available for this one ?

+Quote Post

Bluesummers
post Aug 2 2010, 07:51 PM
Post #6

Allievi Nazionali

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 1,660

I wonder if Adiyiah and gooch will make this trip

+Quote Post

vnata001
post Aug 2 2010, 07:58 PM
Post #7

Esordienti A 95

Member No.: 2,681

It may not mean much cuz it's preseason and all, but at the same time it'd be so unfair to him to not notice it. I want this to be a milanfan forum consensus: Mathieu Flamini has been the brightest part of our preseason thus far.

His performance against Arsenal is pretty much as good a performance a defensive midfielder can put on against a team of that calibre. Both goals we conceded in the Emirates Cup were scored on the right hand side of our midfield and flank - Arshavin making Gattuso eat grass and playing in Chamack, and Oddo with an UNFORGIVABLE effort to clear a good Pjanic cross. Arsenal were far more dangerous down Sokratis/Oddo/Gattuso's side of the field.

Meanwhile, Antonini and Flamini forged wonderful chemistry both in their pressuring and their coordination in sending each other forward.

The guy was everywhere, disrupting runs down the flank, closing down space in the middle of the park, and making runs into the heart of opposition defense to rip a shot, lay it off to someone more creative, or stretch them wide and play in a low cross. He's hit a couple posts now, and has the best passing range out of any of our defensive midfielders.

At age 26, Flamini is in the prime of his career. He's rejected offers to leave because he's stated again and again he likes Italy, and wants to play and prove himself at Milan. If he doesn't get a solid chance to, I'll deeply resent this club. Gattuso has done nothing to merit his starting place these past few seasons. In fact, at any 'top club' outside ours, he would have lost it.

I hope Allegri sees this, and Flamini keeps it up. I think if he keeps up his high work rate, smart passing, and is able to finally catch a little bit a luck with a goal, he'll win a spot on merit - regardless of whether he picks up cards quickly (cuz so do Ambro, Rino, and EVERY other DM out there).

Also, Sokratis looked positionally unaware on the right, and while that may change with experience, this IMHO is the best AC Milan XI heading into next year with what we got - and i've given each player tactical advice.

Abiatti/Amelia
- Zambro (Be Conservative, but patient going forward)
- Nesta (Orchestrate)
- Thiago (Be an offensive, space creating, but disciplined)
Sidekicks: Sokratis,Yepes, Bonera (not bad at all)
- Antonini (ATTACK, help Flamini, Pirlo, and Dinho)
- Ambro (Be Conservative - play sweeper, score from set pieces, but don't be any more adventurous than that, why? cuz of the next guy)
- Flamini (Live up to your nicknames of "Flatusso" and "Mad Dog Flamini" Be everywhere. Box-to-Box, help Antonini and Pirlo)
- Pirlo (come forward more, CUZ YOU ARE EVERYTHING FOR US when it comes to ball possession. focus on Pato and Borriello for long balls, or play quick short range passes with Dinho to find space in the final 3rd, and last but not least, SCORE YOUR FREE KICKS)
- Pato (help Pirlo and Dinho with off-ball runs, help midfield in general buy picking the ball up and turning quickly - you've shown that ability this preseason - looks like you've worked on your tactically dribbling. Stop overdribbling in the box, and put more shots on target)
- Ronaldinho (You're job should be easy, EVERYONE is working for you. 1) Play close to Borriello to start. if you get the ball, DRIBBLE the line and find the forehead or feet of our striker. 2) Dribble into the box and either force a save, or cut it back to the top of the box so Pirlo and can switch play or rasp a knuckle ball. 3) after defenses are scared of your dribbling, pick up the ball deeper, and allow Pirlo into the final 3rd. : use your overlapping runs, OR MAKE THE FINAL BALL. You have MANY helpers coming forward to help you, use them precisely, or watch us get ripped open with your indecision and pray for Ambro)

Borriello/Hunter - WE NEED CONSISTENCY OUT OF YOU TWO BASTARDS. SHOW US how our midfield should play for you, don't try and do more than you can to 'help our midfield' - just finish the millions of chances you'll find.

This post has been edited by vnata001: Aug 2 2010, 08:12 PM

+Quote Post

Locke Lamora
post Aug 2 2010, 09:05 PM
Post #8

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 3,499

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 2 2010, 08:04 PM) *
Match of the titans my foot.

Excactly my thoughts (except you could replace 'foot' with... something else. As for 'Soccer classic', when was the last time Milan duked it out with the mighty Greens?

+Quote Post

Linkman
post Aug 2 2010, 09:57 PM
Post #9

Esordienti A 95

Member No.: 7,300

Great post vnata, I agree with all of it!

+Quote Post

m1ke
post Aug 3 2010, 09:58 AM
Post #10

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

We were apparently interested in Sotiris Ninis a while back - I wonder if that's got anything to do with it.

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Aug 3 2010, 07:31 PM
Post #11

Token Girl
Group Icon

(from acmilan.com)

Call ups:

I CONVOCATI PER DETROIT
03/08/2010
MILANELLO - Questi i 22 convocati rossoneri per la trasferta di Detroit:
Abate, Abbiati, Amelia, Antonini, Beretta, Bonera, Borriello, Flamini, Gattuso, Merkel, Nesta, Novinic, Oddo, Oduamadi, Onyewu, Papastathopoulos, Pato, Roma, Seedorf, Strasser, Thiago Silva, Zambrotta.

No Ronaldinho or Pirlo.

Also no Verdi (they're doing tests on his knee according to milannews of a couple of days ago), Janku, or Kaladze.

+Quote Post

Coldest
post Aug 3 2010, 07:41 PM
Post #12

Esordienti B 96

Member No.: 6,462

QUOTE (Tennie @ Aug 3 2010, 07:31 PM) *
(from acmilan.com)

Call ups:

No Ronaldinho or Pirlo.

Also no Verdi (they're doing tests on his knee according to milannews of a couple of days ago), Janku, or Kaladze.

Despite the fact that I want Ronaldinho to play, but I have to respect Allegri.... He probably thinks "If you're not 100 % ready, you ain't gonna play" That's the attitude.

+Quote Post

Bluesummers
post Aug 3 2010, 07:49 PM
Post #13

Allievi Nazionali

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 1,660

well he doesn't have much choice. If Ronaldinho is injured and can't play this season, we might get relegated.

This post has been edited by Bluesummers: Aug 3 2010, 07:53 PM

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Aug 3 2010, 07:55 PM
Post #14

Token Girl
Group Icon

It's hardly that dire.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Aug 3 2010, 07:55 PM
Post #15

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

What about Pirlo?

Is he injured or just not in top condition yet?

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 03:14 AM