> Serie A 2021/2022 Season, Serie A Discussion

William405
post May 15 2022, 07:11 PM
Post #1906

Allievi Regionali B

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 7,239

QUOTE (X-Offender @ May 15 2022, 09:08 PM) *
If we're going to win the scudetto it's going to be first and foremost because of the defense. Only 2 goals conceded in the last 10 matches is insane.

Because, let's be real, right now our attack is piss poor. Giroud is unwatchable. Alexis/Messias are mediocre. We're relying on f*cking Krunic for the AM role FFS! Krunic!! Who's barely played until now. If it wasn't for the impressive defensive displays and Leao's runs, we wouldn't be here. Oh, and the fighting spirit. That as well, definitely.

Totally agreed. If reinforcements need to be made next year, it's the attacking positions.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

William405
post May 15 2022, 07:12 PM
Post #1907

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 7,239

QUOTE (X-Offender @ May 15 2022, 09:08 PM) *
If we're going to win the scudetto it's going to be first and foremost because of the defense. Only 2 goals conceded in the last 10 matches is insane.

Because, let's be real, right now our attack is piss poor. Giroud is unwatchable. Alexis/Messias are mediocre. We're relying on f*cking Krunic for the AM role FFS! Krunic!! Who's barely played until now. If it wasn't for the impressive defensive displays and Leao's runs, we wouldn't be here. Oh, and the fighting spirit. That as well, definitely.

BTW Messias has been mediocre, but that pass to Leao today was sooo crucial!

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post May 15 2022, 07:13 PM
Post #1908

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

QUOTE (William405 @ May 15 2022, 07:12 PM) *
BTW Messias has been mediocre, but that pass to Leao today was sooo crucial!

It was him? Bruh, I was so afraid they were going to disallow it my mind has completely wiped how the action started.

+Quote Post

han2503
post May 15 2022, 07:16 PM
Post #1909

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

Krunic with the crucial tackle to start Theo's run, but aside from that he was pretty bad imo. So many players let the pressure get to them, thankfully we had enough bottle to finish this.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post May 15 2022, 07:16 PM
Post #1910

QUOTE (William405 @ May 15 2022, 07:10 PM) *
Even if i would like him as RB, cause Calabria defensively is not convincing.

Calabria one-on-one is a nightmare. So easy to beat.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post May 15 2022, 07:17 PM
Post #1911

QUOTE (han2503 @ May 15 2022, 07:16 PM) *
Krunic with the crucial tackle to start Theo's run, but aside from that he was pretty bad imo. So many players let the pressure get to them, thankfully we had enough bottle to finish this.

In hindsight we would say Pioli did the right choice to leave Krunic on. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

But the moment he took off Tonali instead of Krunic I was scratching my head. And WTF was that Bakayoko sub? Someone who hasn't played a single minute in months.

+Quote Post

han2503
post May 15 2022, 07:17 PM
Post #1912

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ May 15 2022, 07:10 PM) *
Yeah, but we need alternatives. One injury and we're left with Gabbia and Kjaer (who who knows if he's ever going to regain full fitness). Romagnoli will leave. We need top class alternatives. Look at Liverpool. Matip doesn't play? No problem, they got Konate.

Yeah, but we're spending around 30m on him. I know a lot of big clubs have 2 starting 11s, but I can't see us spending that kind of money for a bench player

QUOTE (William405 @ May 15 2022, 07:10 PM) *
We can't shift him to RB. He's been so good at CB. I think we will need Botman with Romagnoli probably leaving and Kjaer's injury at that age, you can't expect him to start anymore.

Even if i would like him as RB, cause Calabria defensively is not convincing.

But we'll have Botman and Kjaer will be back as well. Plus Kalulu has shown that he can play RB and Calabria has been really poor since retuning from that injury on NT duty.

+Quote Post

han2503
post May 15 2022, 07:20 PM
Post #1913

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Next summer, the attack has to be improved. We're getting by right now, but we need to have decisive players upfront. We need better quality.

Sanches is a lock and he'll be a huge addition in terms of our attacking play. We'll also need to replace Kessie, I know a lot seem to think Sanches will be his replacement but he's not a DM. We need that RW desperately. Alexis and Messias are an absolute mess. Both need to be moved on along with Same and some others.

If we can do the right business. We'll walk the league next season, especially if we can get over this hurdle and the players have a huge title under their belt

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post May 15 2022, 07:21 PM
Post #1914

QUOTE (han2503 @ May 15 2022, 07:17 PM) *
Yeah, but we're spending around 30m on him. I know a lot of big clubs have 2 starting 11s, but I can't see us spending that kind of money for a bench player

But we'll have Botman and Kjaer will be back as well. Plus Kalulu has shown that he can play RB and Calabria has been really poor since retuning from that injury on NT duty.

I'm pretty sure the starting pair will be Tomori-Botman. Then we'll see how Botman will behave. But I'm very hopeful for him. The guy looks like a tank, and we lack physically imposing players. Not to mention Stam recently said he'll become one of the best CBs in the world. For someone of that talent, 30m is a very good price. Especially when you've got defenders like Laporte and Maguire being signed for double or triple of that.

+Quote Post

han2503
post May 15 2022, 07:23 PM
Post #1915

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ May 15 2022, 07:16 PM) *
Calabria one-on-one is a nightmare. So easy to beat.

It wasn't this way at the start of the season or last season. He seems to have lost something these past few months.

I love Calabria, he's a Milan boy who has come in leaps and bounds over these past few years, but he's taken a step back recentl and that cannot happen or he'll get left behind. Especially when Kalulu and Florenzi can easily take his spot

QUOTE (X-Offender @ May 15 2022, 07:17 PM) *
In hindsight we would say Pioli did the right choice to leave Krunic on. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

But the moment he took off Tonali instead of Krunic I was scratching my head. And WTF was that Bakayoko sub? Someone who hasn't played a single minute in months.

Pioli has the midas touch atm.

The Baka sub was because he needed fresh legs in there and needed to keep the 3 in midfield. The Tonali change forced this on him.

Whatever man, I don't even car right now. Let's just finish the job next Sunday

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post May 15 2022, 07:24 PM
Post #1916

QUOTE (han2503 @ May 15 2022, 07:20 PM) *
Next summer, the attack has to be improved. We're getting by right now, but we need to have decisive players upfront. We need better quality.

Sanches is a lock and he'll be a huge addition in terms of our attacking play. We'll also need to replace Kessie, I know a lot seem to think Sanches will be his replacement but he's not a DM. We need that RW desperately. Alexis and Messias are an absolute mess. Both need to be moved on along with Same and some others.

If we can do the right business. We'll walk the league next season, especially if we can get over this hurdle and the players have a huge title under their belt

Sanches is a jolly. His main position is CM. This season at Lille out of 24 league appearances, 14 have been in the double pivot (6 as RM, only 3 as AM/SS). So, yes, he can be Kessie's replacement. My idea is that, with everyone available, the starting mid will be Bennacer-Tonali-Sanches. Then, if one of the two CMs gets injured/need to rest, we can switch Sanches there and play Adli or Brahim as AM.

+Quote Post

han2503
post May 15 2022, 07:25 PM
Post #1917

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

We've exorcised a lot of demons these past few weeks. One last one next Sunday against Sassuolo. Let's go for the win. This needing only a draw thing puts me on edge

+Quote Post

han2503
post May 15 2022, 07:26 PM
Post #1918

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ May 15 2022, 07:24 PM) *
Sanches is a jolly. His main position is CM. This season at Lille out of 24 league appearances, 14 have been in the double pivot (6 as RM, only 3 as AM/SS). So, yes, he can be Kessie's replacement. My idea is that, with everyone available, the starting mid will be Bennacer-Tonali-Sanches. Then, if one of the two CMs gets injured/need to rest, we can switch Sanches there and play Adli or Brahim as AM.

Yes, but he's not the defensive tank Kessie is. And if we're switching to a 3 I think we should bring in another DM.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post May 15 2022, 07:30 PM
Post #1919

QUOTE (han2503 @ May 15 2022, 07:26 PM) *
Yes, but he's not the defensive tank Kessie is. And if we're switching to a 3 I think we should bring in another DM.

I'm personally against defensive-minded players. I prefer more technical players who can still be aggressive and steal balls. Look at Bennacer. He's so small yet physically he's a beast. Sanches is a less physical but more technical Kessie, and I'm all up for it. Maybe a physical DM for the bench would be alright (Bakayoko is too trash).

+Quote Post

CrazyMilanFan
post May 15 2022, 07:57 PM
Post #1920

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 3,873

Inter scored.

Disallowed

This post has been edited by CrazyMilanFan: May 15 2022, 07:57 PM

+Quote Post

142 Pages V  « < 126 127 128 129 130 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 06:46 AM